Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 11:00:05 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Quinn  (Read 5587 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Paul Quinn
« on December 15, 2012, 03:33:21 pm by GazLaz »
How does he keep getting a game. He is absolutely terrible.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Quinn
« Reply #1 on December 15, 2012, 03:34:48 pm by Barmby Rover »
We don't have anybody else.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 15, 2012, 03:35:10 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Griffin?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 15, 2012, 03:49:14 pm by jonnydog »

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 15, 2012, 04:00:32 pm by GazLaz »
Griffin
Keegan
Harper
Martis
McCombe
Donny Dog

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 15, 2012, 05:04:20 pm by Viking Don »
How are Keegan and Harper keeping Clingan on the bench? The Cov fans I know are pissing themselves.

Good football team though, decent chance of top six for them.

roversdaft

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 15, 2012, 05:05:15 pm by roversdaft »
He only played half the game anyway. Need to look around the whole side today not just Quinn.

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 15, 2012, 05:27:29 pm by Chris »
Quinn is certainly a solid defender, in my opinion. He's been a vital player in a normally solid defence. Let's not over-react.

pubteam

« Reply #8 on December 15, 2012, 05:36:22 pm by pubteam »
Quinn is certainly a solid defender, in my opinion. He's been a vital player in a normally solid defence. Let's not over-react.

Agreed. He struggled today, but a few others looked under the weather as well.

He's done alright overall, but just because he's not like Cafu going forward, the knives come out for him quite easily after a poor performance.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 15, 2012, 05:38:46 pm by Filo »
I wonder if the virus is still lingering, Cotterill looked totally off it from the first whistle

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 15, 2012, 06:01:01 pm by RoversAlias »
He only played half the game anyway. Need to look around the whole side today not just Quinn.

This so true, barely anyone had a good game today. Just one of those things.

I just wish we had a team of Hume's. Man is a never-say-die terrier.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 15, 2012, 06:11:30 pm by GazLaz »
Haha I'm not judging him on today, I'm judging him over the season. Just watch him, he never finds a man, he's not good enough. We are a poor side as well though in fairness. Have we played well in the league this season?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 15, 2012, 06:15:45 pm by bobjimwilly »
I wonder if the virus is still lingering, Cotterill looked totally off it from the first whistle

He didn't look like he knew where he was at one point. Hope he's ok?

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 15, 2012, 06:35:11 pm by del boy »
Average defensively, passing ability is very poor and his attacking ability is shocking.

southwestexile

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 15, 2012, 08:03:27 pm by southwestexile »
Haha I'm not judging him on today, I'm judging him over the season. Just watch him, he never finds a man, he's not good enough. We are a poor side as well though in fairness. Have we played well in the league this season?
calm down sonny, we're 1 point off the top of the league ffs

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 15, 2012, 09:50:42 pm by GazLaz »
Where you are in December is irrelevant. Things need improving and putting right if we are to stay in the top 6.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 15, 2012, 10:30:55 pm by dickos1 »
It's not irrelevant is it!
If we were bottom of the table I don't think the moaners would just be saying its ok it's irrelevant it's only December.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 15, 2012, 10:55:10 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
How does he keep getting a game. He is absolutely terrible.

HE is not a f**king FB quite bloody clearly

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 16, 2012, 07:27:24 am by GazLaz »
I'm not a moaner as people who read this site know. I'm a realist. We are not too far away from being a good side, but we are also not far away from being a really bad side. It's the system we play, not the players in most cases.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 16, 2012, 07:41:01 am by Wellred »
I'm not a moaner as people who read this site know. I'm a realist. We are not too far away from being a good side, but we are also not far away from being a really bad side. It's the system we play, not the players in most cases.

I don't get that at all. Sorry but it doesn't matter what system you play professional footballers should still be able to control and pass a ball.
Some may even have some positional sense and be able to cross a ball.
At the moment however due to our financial constraints I believe the Manager is having to make do with some players who are either not good enough or are past their best.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 16, 2012, 08:26:46 am by GazLaz »
The system you play ant the tactics you employ are a massive factor. Generally we play with a flat back four with full backs that don't tend to get forward too much, we defend a little deeper than average due to the lack of pace we have at the back but this is inevitable. We have two sitting midfielders protecting the back four and this unit of 6 is a pretty solid base. It's what happens in front of this that the system falls down. We play two wide men that play "out to in" and are not the hardest working wingers you will see either. So a combination of a slightly deep defence, two deep lying midfielders and two wide men that hug the touch line means there is a casm of space between the midfield and the front men. Hume to his credit tries to fill this by dropping off bit one man isn't enough to link up there. In my opinion which is worthless because I'm just a moaner and clueless is that we need the wide players to tuck in and play "in to out" thus compressing the play width wise and having a box to box man infront of the midfield 2, a Syers type of player. He can link up the midfield and attack and can also run beyond the front man which he has shown he can do well and doing that is a big attacking threat. We are too static and predictable. I'd play Hume narrow from the left and Beno or Cotts narrower from the right and when we are on the attack they can move wider from this narrower position.

I also think we should press higher up the pitch. We look to play a style that we press them when they get into our half so win the ball back in deep positions, if we did a full pitch press we have the chance of winning the ball back higher up the pitch so less distance to the opponents goal. Obviously this requires a bit more hard work but it can be done.

Rant over, but it annoys me that there a few simple tactical changes that could improve things. We don't look to be improving at all performance wise to me.

There are probably plenty of typo's in this post, not easy ranting on a phone.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 16, 2012, 09:35:19 am by Filo »
The system you play ant the tactics you employ are a massive factor. Generally we play with a flat back four with full backs that don't tend to get forward too much, we defend a little deeper than average due to the lack of pace we have at the back but this is inevitable. We have two sitting midfielders protecting the back four and this unit of 6 is a pretty solid base. It's what happens in front of this that the system falls down. We play two wide men that play "out to in" and are not the hardest working wingers you will see either. So a combination of a slightly deep defence, two deep lying midfielders and two wide men that hug the touch line means there is a casm of space between the midfield and the front men. Hume to his credit tries to fill this by dropping off bit one man isn't enough to link up there. In my opinion which is worthless because I'm just a moaner and clueless is that we need the wide players to tuck in and play "in to out" thus compressing the play width wise and having a box to box man infront of the midfield 2, a Syers type of player. He can link up the midfield and attack and can also run beyond the front man which he has shown he can do well and doing that is a big attacking threat. We are too static and predictable. I'd play Hume narrow from the left and Beno or Cotts narrower from the right and when we are on the attack they can move wider from this narrower position.

I also think we should press higher up the pitch. We look to play a style that we press them when they get into our half so win the ball back in deep positions, if we did a full pitch press we have the chance of winning the ball back higher up the pitch so less distance to the opponents goal. Obviously this requires a bit more hard work but it can be done.

Rant over, but it annoys me that there a few simple tactical changes that could improve things. We don't look to be improving at all performance wise to me.

That`s pretty much how I see it, we have no advanced centre midfielder and desperately lack creativity

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 16, 2012, 01:44:05 pm by Wellred »

That`s pretty much how I see it, we have no advanced centre midfielder and desperately lack creativity

I can't disagree with any of that either. I just think we need. Wellens type player in midfield. Someone who can be a it more creative.
At the moment the only regularly fit players are defensive midfielders. Ie Keegan and Clingan. Sorry I don't rate the immobile finger pointing one at all (either in an attacking or defensive role).

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 16, 2012, 01:54:27 pm by GazLaz »
The way we play now Wellred would be ok if we had Viera and Petite infront of the back four and Hume was actually Dennis Bergkamp but they are not so we need to apply tactics to suit our personnel. 

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 16, 2012, 02:04:26 pm by Wellred »
The way we play now Wellred would be ok if we had Viera and Petite infront of the back four and Hume was actually Dennis Bergkamp but they are not so we need to apply tactics to suit our personnel. 

Is Petite the new name for Bennett?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 16, 2012, 02:32:13 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Solid assessment GazLaz :)

What we do have is a few youngsters coming through who could come good over the next couple of seasons. Middleton could do the business even this season in the midfield gap mentioned.

We're a team in the making, and IMO not nearly ready for the Championship, unless we're happy to take the one years extra money for investment and not splash it out on trying to stay up.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 16, 2012, 02:44:11 pm by hoolahoop »

+1

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 16, 2012, 03:46:30 pm by steve@dcfd »

I can't disagree with any of that either. I just think we need. Wellens type player in midfield. Someone who can be a it more creative.
At the moment the only regularly fit players are defensive midfielders. Ie Keegan and Clingan. Sorry I don't rate the immobile finger pointing one at all (either in an attacking or defensive role).

When we play away from home this system will get us more points. But yesterday and majority of home games we have to be expansive, that's when we miss a good creative midfielder( Wellens example). Coventry scored early and we had to try and score, we failed and they took their chances, which other teams have failed to do this season. Dean needs to improve the squad, but does not have the funds. He said he cannot even offer Andy Griffin a contract. So Dean will have to persevere with players in the squad, whether we can maintain or improve our position is debatable.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 16, 2012, 03:49:25 pm by Filo »

When we play away from home this system will get us more points. But yesterday and majority of home games we have to be expansive, that's when we miss a good creative midfielder( Wellens example). Coventry scored early and we had to try and score, we failed and they took their chances, which other teams have failed to do this season. Dean needs to improve the squad, but does not have the funds. He said he cannot even offer Andy Griffin a contract. So Dean will have to persevere with players in the squad, whether we can maintain or improve our position is debatable.

I`m pretty sure he has n`t said that, can you point us to where he has said that?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 16, 2012, 04:02:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
Filo I am sure I heard him say that on a radio Sheffield interview this week. He also said in a post match interview with Paul Goodwin, that people have hoodwinked by our results and yesterday identified our weaknesses.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012