Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:55:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Oldham V Rovers  (Read 11971 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Oldham V Rovers
« Reply #90 on December 26, 2012, 04:56:32 pm by MachoMadness »
Syers, you beauty! We all said he needed to come on but full credit to Deano for making the change which again looks like it's made the difference!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on December 26, 2012, 04:57:12 pm by ScillyRover »
You have to admire the tenacity of this side

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on December 26, 2012, 04:58:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Another one we got away with.

I like the team we finished with !!!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on December 26, 2012, 05:00:17 pm by MachoMadness »
Full time! Syers simply has to start if fit on Saturday. Another solid performance it sounds like, see how much difference having an attacking-minded player in the middle makes.

In other news, Swindon didn't play and MK Dons got tonked by Walsall!

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on December 26, 2012, 05:11:51 pm by Akinfenwa »
I don't want this result to paper over the cracks but it's not a fluke how we keep doing this, it can't be.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #95 on December 26, 2012, 05:12:32 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Dutch. It'll be deliberate.  Players have been doing it for years. I remember Paul Barnes doing it in this very week of the 02/03 promotion season. Last few minutes against Leigh, he chased half the length of the field to give the ref an earful. Picked up his 5th yellow card and missed the FA trophy match a week later.

I'm amazed that the authorities don't clamp down on this.

Just edited my previous post to say that Hume has simply been stupid.

I believe from 1 January that 10 yellows are needed for a suspension, so there was nothing to be gained, and he is simply 1 yellow nearer the 10. Also should Saturday's game be postponed presumably he would miss the Blades match.

Anyway who cares - Brilliant result   :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on December 26, 2012, 06:42:45 pm by The Red Baron »
Point of information - the card Hume picked up today was his 4th yellow of the season, not his 5th. So he would not be banned for the Preston game. I think the confusion stems from the fact that in the Oldham home game he was dismissed for two yellows. In such cases, the first yellow is wiped out.

Leading yellow cards after today's game as follows:

Keegan   8
Jones   6
Cotterill    5
Quinn   4
Hume   4
Brown   3
Syers   3
Bennett   3

So only Quinn is in danger of a ban for five yellows should he pick up on on Saturday. However, if any accumulate 10 before some time in April they will cop a two game ban.

Hume does seem to pick up some silly and needless bookings (ditto Cotterill) and DS should have a word about it.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on December 26, 2012, 06:46:37 pm by The Red Baron »
I've heard it all know. Commentator says

"Good news. Ian Hulme has signed permanently on loan to the end of the season. Will miss the game v Preston."

Say What.

"Signed permanently on loan"- classic. LMFAO!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on December 26, 2012, 10:13:59 pm by IDM »
I don't want this result to paper over the cracks but it's not a fluke how we keep doing this, it can't be.

No it is not a fluke.  We are far from the finished article and could have some better entertainment, with creative midfielders playing positively.  We are grinding out results and accumulating points with hard work, especially away from home.  And Woods is not as bad as folks make out, we're high in the table with 43 points halfway through the season, with Woods as 'keeper in every game.  He can't be that bad, can he?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012