Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 11:18:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lee Fowler  (Read 13654 times)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: Lee Fowler
« Reply #60 on January 05, 2013, 05:00:36 pm by jonnydog »
Like the look of him today to be honest.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 05, 2013, 05:20:35 pm by dknward2 »
He did well today big game the first one for him did more complete and forward passes and more tackles than Bennett ok two very different players but for me did a lot better than the other debut player

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 05, 2013, 05:21:53 pm by Filo »
Had an eye for a pass, and had a bit of Richie Wellens about him

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 05, 2013, 05:30:56 pm by mushRTID »
Had an eye for a pass, and had a bit of Richie Wellens about him

Agreed. His passes seemed short and on the floor. Ok a few misplaced but that will come with games. Maybe he can teach McCombe to pass short too.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 05, 2013, 05:37:22 pm by glosterred »
Seemed very much like Keegan to me

COYR

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 05, 2013, 05:45:53 pm by Red wizard »
Nothing like Keegan imo. I liked the look of him. Looks like he can pick a pass. Reminded me of Wellens in a way.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 05, 2013, 05:49:50 pm by mushRTID »
He looks like a footballer, nothing like Keegan.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 05, 2013, 05:55:40 pm by glosterred »

Ok a few misplaced .......

Just like Keegan then

COYR

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 05, 2013, 05:56:33 pm by mushRTID »

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on January 05, 2013, 05:57:22 pm by eastender »
Before we start Keegan baiting again just remind me who's tenacity won the ball for Cotts to go on his mazy run and score.
Yes you've guessed Keegan , he had to do all the ugly stuff again , the stuff Cotts and Bennett don't like doing.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 05, 2013, 06:08:54 pm by MachoMadness »
Keegan looks much better now Syers is playing alongside him. Not a slight on Keegan but I think he needs someone making hay in front of him so he can pick up the pieces and break up their play more effectively. Syers brings out the best in him, but with Harper he's dead weight.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on January 05, 2013, 06:10:51 pm by hoolahoop »
Before we start Keegan baiting again just remind me who's tenacity won the ball for Cotts to go on his mazy run and score.
Yes you've guessed Keegan , he had to do all the ugly stuff again , the stuff Cotts and Bennett don't like doing.

Exactly enough is enough .........get off Keegan's back ffs!
As for Fowler, he looked like a decent footballer from what little we've seen of him today. As BST said earlier there are 2 categories of signings either good or cheap and gone  ; I hope this lad is the former.

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 05, 2013, 06:38:55 pm by TheFunk »
Keegan was excellent today in my humble opinion.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on January 05, 2013, 06:45:18 pm by Spud »
Keegan and Syers works and both had good games today. Fowler looked bright & confident when he came on.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 05, 2013, 07:12:11 pm by Capmeister »
The boy has an elephant's touch, judging by today's performance. We're rapidly turning into clog central but who cares. Deano keeps racking up the wins. That is until we play some footballing sides :o(

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 05, 2013, 07:13:23 pm by RedJ »
The boy has an elephant's touch, judging by today's performance. We're rapidly turning into clog central but who cares. Deano keeps racking up the wins. That is until we play some footballing sides :o(

And how many of them are there in this division? oh.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 05, 2013, 07:14:35 pm by Wellred »

I will take 50 points from 23 games any day.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 05, 2013, 07:21:34 pm by Capmeister »
We've played 26

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 05, 2013, 07:25:00 pm by Wellred »
You are correct we have. My opinion is still the sameyhough. 50 points from 26 games is great. If we keep that up we will get aotomatic promotion.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 05, 2013, 07:26:42 pm by Capmeister »
How many in the division, you say.........at least 4. We've yet to play 'em. May becoming defining. Either way Rovers have exceeded my expectations albeit dire at times so let's just see where we end up.

Capmeister

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 05, 2013, 07:29:39 pm by Capmeister »
Is aotomatic better than going up automatic? Sorry, I couldn't resist :D

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 05, 2013, 07:30:33 pm by benaldo »
Not sure about Fowler. He is not the most technically gifted of players, but I guess as a defensive midfielder do you really need to be?
Oh, and as for Keegan........ he played like a god on Tuesday, but was almost back to his old self today. If he continues his improvement then maybe he'll show us all as the half-wits we really are for suggesting he is crap. I hope he does; I really do.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on January 05, 2013, 07:31:18 pm by Wellred »
How many in the division, you say.........at least 4. We've yet to play 'em. May becoming defining. Either way Rovers have exceeded my expectations albeit dire at times so let's just see where we end up.

You have been noticeable by your absence. You must be pretty upset Dean Saunders has done so well.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on January 05, 2013, 07:38:13 pm by dknward2 »
Think Keegan played too far forward at first but then it changed and sayers moved in front and improved

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 05, 2013, 07:47:05 pm by Sprotyrover »
Was talking to a lad from Fleetwood today,he said, we tried to sign Fowler in the summer but Fowler plumped for Fleetwood as they had been promoted,apparently Fleetwoods chairman has been pumping millions into the club and rebuilt the stadium.
their problem will be the small fan base.
He said that Fowler has a drink problem and all the landlords in Fleetwood had a visit from the club and where given Fowlers picture and asked not to serve him if he came in to their premises.
He also said the fee is believed to be 5K.
 :cool:
Fingers crossed lets hope the history between Dean and Fowler will get the lad back on the straight and narrow.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 05, 2013, 07:48:58 pm by donny dave »
Keegan gets to much stick.
He get's through so much work that allows your flair players to be flair players.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 05, 2013, 07:50:31 pm by Chris Black come back »

He said that Fowler has a drink problem and all the landlords in Fleetwood had a visit from the club and where given Fowlers picture and asked not to serve him if he came in to their premises.

Jesus. What kind of amateurish set up were they running in Fleetwood?!!? Just get the guy some help, not run around the local boozers with a wild west Wanted style poster of him. FFS.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 05, 2013, 07:56:14 pm by Sprotyrover »

Jesus. What kind of amateurish set up were they running in Fleetwood?!!? Just get the guy some help, not run around the local boozers with a wild west Wanted style poster of him. FFS.
Blackpool centre is a tram ride from Fleetwood,thats what I didnt understand but chatting to this lad if you are from Fleetwood Blackpool could be in china ,they hate the place.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on January 05, 2013, 07:58:07 pm by The Red Baron »
He certainly looked like he wanted the ball and could be the kind of player to make things tick in midfield. I did think he was carrying a bit of timber though, and the hoops don't flatter him. I think some sessions with Mal Purchase will be called for over the coming weeks!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 05, 2013, 08:00:32 pm by dickos1 »

Who are the 4 we haven't played?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012