Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:26:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lee Fowler  (Read 13627 times)

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
Lee Fowler
« on January 04, 2013, 11:08:10 am by DonnyRTID »
Signed on loan from Fleetwood.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
Re: Lee Fowler
« Reply #1 on January 04, 2013, 11:10:37 am by keyser_soze »
Official site says a permanent deal until the end of the season?

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 04, 2013, 11:12:07 am by DonnyRTID »
Yes sorry my mistake.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 04, 2013, 11:16:34 am by Donnybax »
Undisclosed fee, 29 years old. Didn't he play under Saunders at Wrexham?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 04, 2013, 11:18:08 am by MrFrost »
Strange that we would pay an undisclosed fee for a player but only give him a 6 month contract?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 04, 2013, 11:24:07 am by hoolahoop »
Welsh midfielder doesn't seem as though he has played 1st team footy recently though.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 04, 2013, 11:26:28 am by RobTheRover »
He was at Wrexham with Saunders, so Dean must know him well and know what he brings.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 04, 2013, 11:27:37 am by Donnybax »
Strange that we would pay an undisclosed fee for a player but only give him a 6 month contract?
maybe Saunders doesn't think he's good enough for championship but will do a Job now

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 04, 2013, 11:28:13 am by hoolahoop »
He was at Wrexham with Saunders, so Dean must know him well and know what he brings.

I'm sure he does Rob just a question of match fitness and adjusting to this tempo.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 04, 2013, 11:32:03 am by RobTheRover »
Also a question of his role.  I dont know much about him, so is he a replacement for Keegan/Harper? Just another reliable body to have in the squad?

walter the red

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 04, 2013, 11:34:13 am by walter the red »
Just read his stats. Should fit in well with us -in Oct 2010 playing for forest green he had to have treatment after revealing he was suffering from alcoholism -now at Fleetwood seems ok .He has been round various clubs inc. Wrexham where he handed in a transfer request saying he was unhappy there !
Saunders would not have gone for him if he did not believe he can bring something to Rovers . :welcome:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 04, 2013, 11:35:42 am by Filo »
Comment from the Fleetwood Forum

Today at 11:11am, majorcod wrote:
Surprised ???

http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/2013/01/04/fowler-leaves-town/

I'm not links back up with Dean Saunders didnt look like he was in GA's plans good player on his day but a bit of a loose cannon and would struggle with the pressing game GA likes to play.

I'm assuming we got the money back we paid for him and he will have been on a decent wage so it does free up some money

Read more: http://www.independentftff.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=3887#ixzz2H0PRq1Xv

I hope that bit in bold does n`t become disruptive within the squad

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 04, 2013, 11:35:55 am by hoolahoop »
Also a question of his role.  I dont know much about him, so is he a replacement for Keegan/Harper? Just another reliable body to have in the squad?

Hmmm I'm not sure what the thinking was behind this one either..........perhaps just helping one of his old lads out whilst 'freshening up ' the competition for places.

Rosso Exile Deux

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 04, 2013, 11:36:41 am by Rosso Exile Deux »
In his season at Newport County in Conf South he was a plodding central midfielder, not athletic enough to play a defensive role and not good enough to dominate. Before he'd sorted his issues though.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 04, 2013, 12:03:43 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
He's a different type of midfielder to that pair. More of a busy passer that would complement them as well as give us a different plan during the game.
He did really well under Dean & the team at Wrexham and to be fair, this is his big chance now.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 04, 2013, 12:14:21 pm by Drover »
Maybe a poormans Clinghan?

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 04, 2013, 12:16:09 pm by Drover »
maybe Saunders doesn't think he's good enough for championship but will do a Job now

Good point,I think that could be the same reason for Hume,Griffin's contract being until end of season.

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 04, 2013, 12:25:44 pm by uros-predic »
Sounds like he's got potential. In a perfect world he'll be that creative centre midfielder we've so badly missed when trying to push for home wins. 29 years old now, his big chance. Time to prove yourself lad!!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 04, 2013, 12:33:38 pm by RoversAlias »
Colour me unimpressed on first viewing. I'm surprised we've paid a fee for someone to give them a 6-month deal. Was there nobody better out there Dean?

Obviously I hope he proves me completely wrong starting on Saturday but we'll have to see.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 04, 2013, 12:36:49 pm by GazLaz »
The fee could have been only a few grand. Syers has proved there are decent players available that aren't well know.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 04, 2013, 12:39:06 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Colour me unimpressed on first viewing. I'm surprised we've paid a fee for someone to give them a 6-month deal. Was there nobody better out there Dean?

Obviously I hope he proves me completely wrong starting on Saturday but we'll have to see.

Sounds like your knife will already be out for him at 3.05pm!
Just remember how long it took Doolan to settle in when Penney signed him. Again, similar situation; people were questioning the reason behind that signing.

Granted we need more of an immediate impact, but don't write a player off on his first appearance.

bigbadjack

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 04, 2013, 12:43:18 pm by bigbadjack »
Don't know a lot about the lad, but deano does, so that's good enough for me!! Good

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 04, 2013, 01:04:04 pm by Red wizard »
Don't know a lot about the lad, but deano does, so that's good enough for me!! Good
Was just about to post the same thing. Deano's not let us down with any of his signings to date.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 04, 2013, 01:05:17 pm by MrFrost »
On the fence with this one. Doesn't look like he has ever settled at a club.
See how it pans out.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 04, 2013, 01:18:31 pm by Rios »
Very much a SOD type signing.  Seems to me very much one on a short term deal to fill out the squad with as little outlay as possible.  From his appearance list he's bummed around non-league for a decade, so he'll either be really hungry now he's got a second chance or he'll be shit.  I'm also guessing that it's only six months to also limit our risk in case one his numerous demons resurface...

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 04, 2013, 01:26:56 pm by RobTheRover »
I've just asked the FGR fans what they thought of him and they said he is a good passer but doesnt chase or tackle.  He will have to do that here. No passengers this season.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 04, 2013, 01:30:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
I've just asked the FGR fans what they thought of him and they said he is a good passer but doesnt chase or tackle.  He will have to do that here. No passengers this season.

I'll drink to that (so will Fowler probably).

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on January 04, 2013, 01:35:05 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well Saunders will have seen a lot of him and he could end up being a bargain (he's been after him long enough).  Or could end up being a disappointment, though at next to nothing it's worth a go.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 04, 2013, 01:37:32 pm by IDM »
I reckon he'll be a squad player, not first choice.  The fee and his wages will probably be low, so this is a low-risk signing.

I'm looking out for a striker though - more cover for Paynter and Brown.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 04, 2013, 02:26:38 pm by MachoMadness »
Interesting one. I've never heard of him, and at 29 he's not some young future star either. Not what I was expecting us to bring in at all, but I'll reserve judgment until he's played a few games. I thought priority one would be a striker, with us not having one for 3 games.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012