Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 03:15:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bit of inside info  (Read 2325 times)

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
Bit of inside info
« on January 05, 2013, 05:50:07 pm by PaulRover08 »
Had the fortune of being the referee assessors guest today and spent the match hobnobbing with the directors before the game. JR is certainly still fuming at the ref from Tuesday.

SM may know different but the guy on my table (not one of the big 3) was saying that Emile Sinclair was always DS first choice and we tried to get him earlier in the season with wages being the issue. He also said there will be no more signings unless someone leaves first.

Lastly, we should be at home Boxing Day next season. Us not being at home for years apparently has something to do with us not owning the ground previously meaning we had no say on the location of our Boxing Day game.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Bit of inside info
« Reply #1 on January 05, 2013, 05:53:36 pm by glosterred »

Lastly, we should be at home Boxing Day next season. Us not being at home for years apparently has something to do with us not owning the ground previously meaning we had no say on the location of our Boxing Day game.

Is that why we have had no home game on the first day of the season as well - seems wrong, but what do I know.

COYR

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 05, 2013, 06:39:30 pm by Chris Black come back »
Had the fortune of being the referee assessors guest today and spent the match hobnobbing with the directors before the game. JR is certainly still fuming at the ref from Tuesday.

SM may know different but the guy on my table (not one of the big 3) was saying that Emile Sinclair was always DS first choice and we tried to get him earlier in the season with wages being the issue. He also said there will be no more signings unless someone leaves first.

Thank f**k for that! FINALLY we can all enjoy a home game on Boxing Day!!!!!!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 05, 2013, 07:34:14 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Isn't that the same for all the other clubs that don't own their ground? AFAIK ground ownership has nothing to do with how the fixtures computer allocates the fixture list..?

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 05, 2013, 08:11:26 pm by grayx »
Sorry, but if thats true about being our last signing unless someone leaves then i for one will be bitterley disappointed. Surely the boards "backing deano" and "going for promotion" means more than this. We'l never get a better chance of winning promotion.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 05, 2013, 08:45:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
But you need to do your housekeeping and clean out the ones that may be surplus, even if temporarily.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 05, 2013, 08:49:10 pm by The Red Baron »

Isn't that the same for all the other clubs that don't own their ground? AFAIK ground ownership has nothing to do with how the fixtures computer allocates the fixture list..?

We played at home on Boxing Day in 2007 when we weren't in control of the stadium. More likely the Football League has realised (at last!) that they've been unfair to us over the distribution of Boxing Day games.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 05, 2013, 08:52:05 pm by hoolahoop »
Why do I get this funny feeling that although we may want an immediate return to the Championship the owners might not yet.
Could it be possible that they want to get the KM running properly first and therefore putting us in a sounder financial position for the future ?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 05, 2013, 08:56:09 pm by dickos1 »
If they want a more secure financial position then surely the extra 10 million or so we'll get from getting promotion will help them achieve this much more than earning pennies from the keepmoat.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 05, 2013, 09:01:30 pm by hoolahoop »
If they want a more secure financial position then surely the extra 10 million or so we'll get from getting promotion will help them achieve this much more than earning pennies from the keepmoat.

They don't get that much dickos and then factor in the pay rises that the management and squad would demand. Please don't get me wrong it's only a thought and I wouldn't blame them if they wanted to establish themselves and the business once again i.e pause for breath.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012