Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:58:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cotterill  (Read 2337 times)

drfcbenny625

• Forum Member
Cotterill
« on January 05, 2013, 06:22:56 pm by drfcbenny625 »
What a return from this lad. Some great goals and assists from the man. I know many of you will have Jones as player of year so far but I think Cotts contribution down the other end has been just as important

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Cotterill
« Reply #1 on January 05, 2013, 06:27:35 pm by mushRTID »
Once we get Copps back up and running him on the right, cotts on the left cutting inside and causing havoc will see us up in sure of it. Add in Kyle off the bench (always though him a better impact sub than 90 min man) nobody will have that quality in this league.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 05, 2013, 06:28:42 pm by MachoMadness »
Absolutely. Pulled our fat from the fire too many times to count this season, far too good for this level. Credit has to go to Deano for being the first manager to really get him performing consistently.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 05, 2013, 06:31:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
The most important player we've got. Who else could have scored that goal today? Who else could have scored the goals he's got for us this season?

He's a cut above the rest of this league, and I believe without him we'd be lower mid table.

I fear he will soon be gone.......

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 05, 2013, 06:35:52 pm by Spud »
Agree with all the above but have to say before the goal Hume was mom by a country mile, if his finishing was more clinical we'd all be worrying about losing him too.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 05, 2013, 06:44:41 pm by RedJ »
One moment of magic per game. That's all it takes, particularly as a winger - traditionally the most inconsistent position of the lot. 10 goals is it now for Cotts?

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 05, 2013, 06:57:31 pm by TheFunk »
Bennett was repeatedly skinned by their right back and never once managed to take him on when we were attacking. Bennett goes off and Cotterill leaves him on his arse and scores.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 05, 2013, 07:01:00 pm by MachoMadness »
A fully fit Copps interchanging with Cotts on the left and right will hopefully be possible soon. Imagine the damage that could do.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 05, 2013, 07:02:48 pm by Wellred »
Agree with all the above but have to say before the goal Hume was mom by a country mile, if his finishing was more clinical we'd all be worrying about losing him too.

Hume is MOTM by a country mile and because Cotterill who had been having a distinctly average game scores and that makes him MOTM?
Sometimes I despair with some of our fans.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 05, 2013, 07:06:41 pm by eastender »
Cotts needs to start on the Left , It's no coincidance that most of his wonder strikes come from him cutting inside then letting fly with his favourite right foot.  :)
That's difficult to do from the Right wing.  :(

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 05, 2013, 07:13:18 pm by godlike1 »
it was interesting listening to Deano talk about both cott's, bennet & copp's

I was unable to make it today but he said Copp's made a big difference when he came on? and that he has alot of work to do with bennett.

said he had been thinking of taking cotts off but obviously knows he can suddenly change the game with a moment of pure class

Says that fowler has a premiership head on him....................any sign of this in the gimpse there was today? he did say that Fowler was taking a risk by tearing up his contract with Fleetwood to try and prove himself with us, cant fault him for that

benaldo

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 05, 2013, 07:23:03 pm by benaldo »
I didn't really notice Coppinger coming on today, he looked a little out of shape and to have lost some more pace.

As for Cotterill, "Angry Yoda" was so disgusted with him that he left the stadium about 2 minutes before the goal muttering "Get some heart on your sleeve Cotterill". I think it's incredible that from nothing and sometimes totally against the way the game is going, Cotterill seems to score important goals.
He's a superb winger. Switching him to the left was a stroke of managerial brilliance as I'm sure Saunders had worked out their right back was in no fit shape to deal with Cotterill running at him - after having had a fairly easy ride against Bennett.

PS - Yes, Cotterill MEANT that goal.....

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 05, 2013, 07:27:33 pm by Wellred »
I didn't really notice Coppinger coming on today, he looked a little out of shape and to have lost some more pace.

As for Cotterill, "Angry Yoda" was so disgusted with him that he left the stadium about 2 minutes before the goal muttering "Get some heart on your sleeve Cotterill". I think it's incredible that from nothing and sometimes totally against the way the game is going, Cotterill seems to score important goals.
He's a superb winger. Switching him to the left was a stroke of managerial brilliance as I'm sure Saunders had worked out their right back was in no fit shape to deal with Cotterill running at him - after having had a fairly easy ride against Bennett.

Nah surely it was a cross wasn't it?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 05, 2013, 07:31:24 pm by mushRTID »

No shit.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 05, 2013, 08:21:33 pm by Al4475 »
SPUD:

Was just saying to my father in law earlier today - imagine Humey's attributes with the finishing of Billy Sharp - quality Championship striker at least!

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 05, 2013, 08:51:10 pm by Scooter »
I am hugely impressed by Humey. His effort and workrate is awesome. He was MOM by miles and miles. The defence I thought was very solid. Colchester didn't look like scoring. Until Cotts worked a moment of magic neither did we

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 05, 2013, 08:58:21 pm by Spud »
Think you're missing my point Wellred, Hume was mom imo. Maybe i worded it wrong, i was referring to the sponsors mom, surely only Hume could have got it before Cotts moment of brilliance.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 09:48:34 pm by Spud »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012