Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:07:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Careful what you wish for  (Read 4417 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Careful what you wish for
« on January 06, 2013, 12:01:35 pm by dickos1 »
There must be many rovers fans having a party today, even only a month or so ago there were posts on here and elsewhere saying Saunders must go and he has no idea what he's doing.
Well now it seemingly looks like you got your wish, so the question is are we going to jump on our next manager in the same way?
Saunders wasn't fancied before we'd played a game by many and people are still finding excuses to not give him credit now, poor football, shit home form, luck, players don't like him.
We need to give the next bloke a chance.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Careful what you wish for
« Reply #1 on January 06, 2013, 12:03:57 pm by IDM »
+1...

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 06, 2013, 12:48:40 pm by Rios »
Can I just say it would be churlish of me to argue with being top, so I'm not going too.  But the same points raised a month ago are still valid.  We're outstanding away and against teams who take it to us at home (SheffU) but yesterday was absolute dogshite apart from one moment of brilliance.

If (and it's still an if at this stage) we do get another manager he won't be tainted with the McKay episode and he won't have replaced Sod, who was workshiped and hated by some of our support.  Maybe a fresh start is what we need, although I'd have preferred to have done it at start or end of this season.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 06, 2013, 12:55:54 pm by dickos1 »
No club in the country has everything hunky dory rios, were getting results, our home form isn't even that bad.
A fresh start is exactly what we don't need, we need stability right now, not a massive upheaval like this.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 06, 2013, 12:58:46 pm by Wellred »
We are equal top of the table and we need a fresh start????

unbelievable.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 06, 2013, 01:17:07 pm by Rios »
Hmm my last sentence is poorly constructed.  My sentiments were more that Saunders would have been replaced at the beginning of the season (as we'd got relegated) or at the end of the season (as we'd got promoted and he'd been offered a bigger job as he has now).  At this point a fresh start for the fans (especially you Wellred who still after all this time can't help yourself when people defend Sod/attack Saunders) and a watershed from the whole Sod/McKay/Saunder stuff would have happened for all of us.

I'm not in any way saying that Saunders going now, despite the shite home performances is in any way a good thing.  Ok?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 06, 2013, 01:23:54 pm by RoversAlias »
I'm with you Rios. Who's to say Saunders would have been able to carry us through to Championship stability next year? If the new man gets us up maybe he'll be better equipped to keep us up. Silver linings and all that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 06, 2013, 01:26:52 pm by dickos1 »
Who's to say he wouldn't, he's definitely got a much better chance with HIS players than a guy with someone else's players.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 06, 2013, 01:41:08 pm by Wellred »
Hmm my last sentence is poorly constructed.  My sentiments were more that Saunders would have been replaced at the beginning of the season (as we'd got relegated) or at the end of the season (as we'd got promoted and he'd been offered a bigger job as he has now).  At this point a fresh start for the fans (especially you Wellred who still after all this time can't help yourself when people defend Sod/attack Saunders) and a watershed from the whole Sod/McKay/Saunder stuff would have happened for all of us.

I'm not in any way saying that Saunders going now, despite the shite home performances is in any way a good thing.  Ok?

I just find it amazing that we have a successful Manager and yet some people refuse to accept it.
We still have people on here even today wanting the previous manager and the one before that back. Why do so so many of our supporters always have to look back. Why can't they enjoy the success we are having now and maybe look to the future.
Dean Saunders hasn't gone yet and may not go so why harp back to the past.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 06, 2013, 02:53:27 pm by timdrfc »

I just find it amazing that we have a successful Manager and yet some people refuse to accept it.
We still have people on here even today wanting the previous manager and the one before that back. Why do so so many of our supporters always have to look back. Why can't they enjoy the success we are having now and maybe look to the future.
Dean Saunders hasn't gone yet and may not go so why harp back to the past.

Well said Wellred some of our fans never cease to amaze me!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 06, 2013, 02:57:37 pm by RedJ »
I still think that most of his discreditors' problems with him is that he isn't his predecessor, and going by some of the comments I hear even now I don't think I'm far off.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 06, 2013, 03:00:59 pm by Wellred »
I agree. I wonder if those saying it was Willie McKay who brought Dean Saunders to Rovers think Willie will be going with him to Wolves.
It would make sense wouldn't it seeing as the only reason he got the job here was because of Willie McKay.

:aok: :aok: :aok:

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 06, 2013, 03:02:57 pm by jucyberry »
With so much being said at the time about SOD's flirtation with another and the alleged effect on team morale before he was eventually let go, I wonder what this news will have on our current team?
I hope it is all waffle and that he stays, I just hope it doesn't knock the confidence of the players. For him to go would I would think be almost self defeating, yes it might be a good move, but so would taking us straight back up again..

Meh, it's a funny old game in't it.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 06, 2013, 03:06:16 pm by RoversAlias »
I agree. I wonder if those saying it was Willie McKay who brought Dean Saunders to Rovers think Willie will be going with him to Wolves.
It would make sense wouldn't it seeing as the only reason he got the job here was because of Willie McKay.

:aok: :aok: :aok:
[

Well being that he's Saunders agent, I imagine he will have a part to play in Saunders moving to Wolves? Don't understand why that's a daft suggestion.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 06, 2013, 03:08:09 pm by Wellred »
I didnt expect to get a bite so soon.  :woohoo: :woohoo:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 06, 2013, 03:14:38 pm by RoversAlias »
Bravo you, Wellred. Points scoring on the forum matters above all else, kudos.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 06, 2013, 03:24:31 pm by dickos1 »
He isn't Saunders agent.. How many times does this need to be said before people understand

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 06, 2013, 03:53:40 pm by Wellred »
He isn't Saunders agent.. How many times does this need to be said before people understand

I am surprised at you Dickos  :facepalm: :facepalm:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 06, 2013, 11:51:23 pm by BobG »
Funny how no one is, apparently, allowed to wish for SOD yet its fine for a fair few folk who hanker for Dave Penney. Curious.

Agree with Rios about the need for a fresh start. Got to be someone new altogether now that DS has gone.

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 07, 2013, 12:25:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Funny how no one is, apparently, allowed to wish for SOD yet its fine for a fair few folk who hanker for Dave Penney. Curious.

Agree with Rios about the need for a fresh start. Got to be someone new altogether now that DS has gone.

BobG

Bob.
Style of the team to be honest.

I couldn't envisage O'Driscoll being able to take this group of players to success over the rest of this season. Unless he was much more willing to compromise these days.

But Penney c.2003/04 would be in his element with this lot.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 07, 2013, 01:10:51 am by BobG »
Maybe Billy. Certainly true of SOD. He'd be really (really!) hopeless with this squad. DP? A better chance of success yes. But going back? I don't like that in principle I'm afraid.

BobG

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 07, 2013, 03:57:31 am by RedJ »
Out of interest Bob (I may have missed this elsewhere in which case I apologise for my ignorance - just been woke by a young un so not really in a searching mood!) who would you want in now?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012