Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 01:41:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: O'Driscoll rejects Barnsley  (Read 5869 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: O'Driscoll rejects Barnsley
« Reply #30 on January 06, 2013, 07:51:53 pm by Wellred »
From www.dingle.com

Over the past few days there has been speculation regarding Sean O'Driscoll and the position of first team manager at Barnsley Football Club.

Regarding this Sean O'Driscoll has made the following statement:

"I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to have spoken to Barnsley. In my one meeting with the directors I was keen to ascertain exactly what the short and long term strategies and ambitions of the club are and how I may be able to help the club achieve those. At no point were terms discussed by either party.

"Barnsley is a well-run club whose achievements in successfully maintaining their Championship status for so many seasons should never be underestimated. The directors' commitment to and passion for Barnsley FC impressed me. The directors are understandably keen to make a quick appointment to continue the work of trying to retain the club's Championship status once again. But at this moment, and given the extremely disappointing and sudden nature of my departure from Nottingham Forest, I've respectfully declined the opportunity to become Barnsley's next manager. I wish the club, players and supporters all the best for the rest of the season."

The Board of Barnsley Football Club will continue the process of selecting a permanent first team manager of the Club.

Classy as ever from Sean.  I believe he also ruled out a return to the KM

So, because of the disappointment and sudden nature of his sacking at Forest he`s turned Barnsley down?

Why apply for the job then?

it sounds a pretty arrogant statement to me.

How on earth can it be construed as arrogant?
He's not coming back Wellred, which in my opinion is the best for all concerned, you don't need to keep twisting the knife

Don't talk so ridiculous. I have deliberately not commented on SOD for quite some time, so how you can imply I am twisting an invisible knife is stupid.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 06, 2013, 07:57:53 pm by RedRover »
He's turned down Barnsley because he wants the Rotherham job thats about to become available.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 06, 2013, 08:00:38 pm by Jonathan »
He did not apply for the job, they had talks over it, that is all.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 06, 2013, 11:57:28 pm by JonWallsend »
From www.dingle.com

Over the past few days there has been speculation regarding Sean O'Driscoll and the position of first team manager at Barnsley Football Club.

Regarding this Sean O'Driscoll has made the following statement:

"I'm very grateful to have had the opportunity to have spoken to Barnsley. In my one meeting with the directors I was keen to ascertain exactly what the short and long term strategies and ambitions of the club are and how I may be able to help the club achieve those. At no point were terms discussed by either party.

"Barnsley is a well-run club whose achievements in successfully maintaining their Championship status for so many seasons should never be underestimated. The directors' commitment to and passion for Barnsley FC impressed me. The directors are understandably keen to make a quick appointment to continue the work of trying to retain the club's Championship status once again. But at this moment, and given the extremely disappointing and sudden nature of my departure from Nottingham Forest, I've respectfully declined the opportunity to become Barnsley's next manager. I wish the club, players and supporters all the best for the rest of the season."

The Board of Barnsley Football Club will continue the process of selecting a permanent first team manager of the Club.

Classy as ever from Sean.  I believe he also ruled out a return to the KM

So, because of the disappointment and sudden nature of his sacking at Forest he`s turned Barnsley down?

Why apply for the job then?

it sounds a pretty arrogant statement to me.

How on earth can it be construed as arrogant?
He's not coming back Wellred, which in my opinion is the best for all concerned, you don't need to keep twisting the knife

Don't talk so ridiculous. I have deliberately not commented on SOD for quite some time, so how you can imply I am twisting an invisible knife is stupid.

Not implying you're twisting the knife. I'm stating thats what you're doing. Based on the fact that you somehow feel Sean has made an arrogant statement. I'm not alone in failing to see how the statement could be arrogant. I don't understand what you have to gain by it other than as a final parting shot at a manager, who left over a year ago and for whom, in the latter stages of his tenure you could barely hide your contempt.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012