Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:52:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Statement from Gavin Baldwin  (Read 3898 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Statement from Gavin Baldwin
« on January 06, 2013, 09:50:54 pm by Chris Black come back »
Gavin Baldwin said:

“I have just come off the phone with Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Chief Executive Jez Moxey, at 8.50pm Sunday evening, and can confirm that Dean Saunders has agreed to take over as manager at Molineux.

“We have agreed a good deal for Doncaster Rovers. Work has already started on trying to find a replacement for Dean and continue our push for promotion back to the Championship.

“I have spoken with Dean to thank him for the fantastic job he has done here at Doncaster and wish him well for the future.”

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

eastender

• VSC Member
Re: Statement from Gavin Baldwin
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2013, 12:07:22 am by eastender »
Gavin Baldwin said:

“We have agreed a good deal for Doncaster Rovers.

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash1
Compensation agreed with #Doncaster for Saunders was minimal.

So which is it then £500k or 3 marbles and a pile of dog shit.  :unsure:

Someone's telling porkies.  :)

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2013, 12:12:31 am by roverssam1879 »
Lets not forget ''minimal'' is only relative to the wolves chap, what he deems minimal may be a small fortune to us!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2013, 12:13:02 am by RedJ »
I doubt SM is going to have lied to us either when he says we've done well for ourselves out of the deal.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 07, 2013, 12:15:19 am by Filo »
I doubt SM is going to have lied to us either when he says we've done well for ourselves out of the deal.

Financially we may have done well, but I`ll only accept we`ve done well if the new man comes in and finishes the job

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 07, 2013, 12:20:59 am by RedJ »

Financially we may have done well, but I`ll only accept we`ve done well if the new man comes in and finishes the job

I agree there, but the suggestion is we were robbed on the compensation. We may yet end up being robbed of our promotion money like in which case it won't matter how well we did out of this...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 07, 2013, 12:21:51 am by silent majority »

I agree there, but the suggestion is we were robbed on the compensation. We may yet end up being robbed of our promotion money like in which case it won't matter how well we did out of this...

But we weren't and we won't be.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 07, 2013, 12:24:52 am by eastender »
Fair enough chaps , so we'll stop the clock and dagger stuff  and lets  see if we get a proper answer at the fans forum tonight .....  don't forget IRWT .  :)

IMO i don't think we'll be told the whole truth , but i'm willing to be proven wrong  Gavin #IRWT

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 07, 2013, 12:35:12 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm not going to lose any sleep over what we've been paid or what we haven't as we have to trust JR and Gavin know what they are doing. That's why they do what they do.

In return, all we have to do is back their judgement and keep supporting the club. So far, JR's judgement has exceeded most Premiership and Championship Chairman's relatively speaking. In business and in football JR seems to be able to turn a pigs ear in to a silk purse. (Apart from Steve Wignall who self mutilated!)

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 07, 2013, 12:50:20 am by eastender »
DBR it's not about loosing sleep , it's about being up front and open .

IRWT is a shining example of fans and club working closer together.

So let's keep this going by stopping all this " Undisclosed " nonsense regarding transfers and compensation that most clubs keep plying.

Let DRFC start a new trend and disclose  details for all to see .(if there's nothing to hide that is).

So what if other clubs see what got for this and that.
At least DRFC can say they're  being true to the fans who help pay the wages.  :rtid:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 07, 2013, 12:59:49 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Sorry. I understand where you're coming from but I can't agree with you on this one. There are certain things that need to remain confidential. If it was otherwise, it would really open up a can of worms. There's a certain amount of honour involved in business doing deals and one of those is not going public.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 07, 2013, 01:01:02 am by BobG »
But releasing the info that the Rovers got a million quid off Wolves will immediately and automatically put up the cost of both any new manager who happens to be employed and all the new players he then wants to employ.

No. Not a good idea at all. It would be a good idea if timing and context could be managed properly. But that would take significant time after the event(s) in question.... So, like DBR says, we have to trust the people employed to manage these things. The annual report and accounts would be sufficient info - if the company was big enough to have to produce a decent one!

Cheers

BobG

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 07, 2013, 01:03:30 am by eastender »
OK cheers lads  :thumbsup:

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 07, 2013, 01:03:47 am by RoversAlias »
Excellent point well made Bob.

I think everyone can rest assured that now Gavin is on the scene here we aren't going to be taken for mugs by every other club in the land anymore. From what I've seen of this whole thing we've gotten a good deal from Wolves and seem more than equipped to sort out our new managerial team sharpish.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 07, 2013, 01:05:47 am by BobG »
Why thank you kind Sir!

It don't mean, btw, that I don't agree with the principle. I do! I'd love more info to be freely available. But it's not my or our company so we can't dictate, and, it's not wise either.

Life......!

Cheers all

BobG

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 07, 2013, 01:28:57 am by The_Rooky »
I think we have to give credit to both DRFC and WWFC for the way this business has been conducted. The situation as it arose may not have been ideal - but thats the nature of professional football (and probably other professional sports). But, if we're honest, DS was clearly Morgan's first choice and he could easily have let this be known to DS without going through the official route - resulting in a potentially more drawn out process, more disruption to the playing squad, DS subsequently resigning and DRFC ending up with no compensation.
Whether or not this process ultimately defines our season remains to be seen - but credit to both clubs on how this has been handled to date. 

Katesby

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 07, 2013, 01:34:00 am by Katesby »
Oh well done, all credit to Wolves for handling it in the CORRECT way! shows what state certain aspects of Football is in when we applaud individuals for doing what is morally correct and abiding by the rules. It should be done anyway.

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 07, 2013, 07:27:39 am by Thinwhiteduke »
If the powers that be tell us exactly what the compensation package entails then we can decide if it sound like a fair deal or not eh?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 07, 2013, 07:38:25 am by silent majority »
If the powers that be tell us exactly what the compensation package entails then we can decide if it sound like a fair deal or not eh?

How would you know though? To be fair you would need to know what the norm is in these circumstances and then judge the deal alongside that, throw in one or two intangibles and all of a sudden you have a different deal.

But as I've stated on several occasions now its a very good deal for us. Wait and see is the message, you will be surprised how good a deal Gavin has managed to put together.

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 07, 2013, 08:09:13 am by The_Rooky »
Oh well done, all credit to Wolves for handling it in the CORRECT way! shows what state certain aspects of Football is in when we applaud individuals for doing what is morally correct and abiding by the rules. It should be done anyway.

...it may well be how things should be done - few would argue with that. The point I was making is that often things aren't handled properly. So credit to WWFC for its approach and DRFC for its prompt and professional response.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012