Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:38:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Don Goodman  (Read 2390 times)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Don Goodman
« on January 06, 2013, 11:03:11 pm by Al4475 »
Likes the Dean appointment.
Twas a pity he never gave us much in his short spell as with us as a player, I thought he'd do a decent job here when he signed!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: Don Goodman
« Reply #1 on January 06, 2013, 11:05:14 pm by MachoMadness »
He looks rough as a badger's arse as well. Like a before/after meth photo of Jason Price.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 06, 2013, 11:06:34 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Likes the Dean appointment.
Twas a pity he never gave us much in his short spell as with us as a player, I thought he'd do a decent job here when he signed!

He wasn't brilliant in terms of performance, but his influence in the dressing room and training pitch was excellent.
Had a great attitude when he was at BV Alan.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 06, 2013, 11:07:58 pm by Al4475 »
I liked him Mark, I was hoping at the time he'd do great stuff on the pitch too for us! You had a good festive season bud?

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 06, 2013, 11:20:17 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
He looked like a lion but played like a meerkat!

Ok for me chief thanks, but a clown drove into Sian on Xmas Day whilst she was at work, so she spent 3 hours in A&E on Xmas Day afternoon.
If she'd had a smaller car, then she wouldn't have made it out in 1 piece.

How did yours go?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 06, 2013, 11:30:21 pm by RobTheRover »
Don was on the bench for us at Stoke on THAT day, and he celebrated every goal exactly like us loons in the stands did.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 07, 2013, 12:57:49 am by RoversAlias »
Don was on the bench for us at Stoke on THAT day, and he celebrated every goal exactly like us loons in the stands did.

And it is for this that I will always like him i think. He chats some rubbish when he commentates but I'll never forget the visual of Penney and Walker rushing off the bench to celebrate Sir Fran's winner with Don Goodman right alongside him in his suit.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 07, 2013, 06:44:16 am by Al4475 »
ABSOLUT:
Yeah we had a steady one mate - Claire's kids were here Xmas morning this year which was nice. On Chrissie eve we were at the church service in Srotborough and I ended up playing a shepherd in the nativity - very amusing!

Back to work for me and after all her treatment Claire too today!

Later matey!
Al

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 07, 2013, 07:54:04 am by AbsolutDRFC »
ABSOLUT:
Yeah we had a steady one mate - Claire's kids were here Xmas morning this year which was nice. On Chrissie eve we were at the church service in Srotborough and I ended up playing a shepherd in the nativity - very amusing!

Back to work for me and after all her treatment Claire too today!

Later matey!
Al

What IS it with you and sheep Al? :)

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 07, 2013, 08:46:45 am by Rios »
I only half caught the interview on Sky Sports News but I'm sure it only made reference to him being a Wolves player... is Don so ashamed of his non-league sojourn that he's attempting to write it out of history.  It always made me chuckle that he and Paul Barnes, who'd had long careers and relative success in the game were celebrating more than the likes of Greeny and Ravenhill who were just starting out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012