Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 14, 2024, 03:29:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brian Flynn is our man  (Read 2852 times)

dodge

• Forum Member
Brian Flynn is our man
« on January 19, 2013, 06:38:56 pm by dodge »
I bet the atmosphere got the hair on his neck tingling today. Its so refreshing to see the whole club united and singing as one. The moaners will be bored to tears. Great performance and againt all odds a feeling of togetherness even more so now than under saunders. Has JR done it again? I bloody hope so. That team had a swagger today with a mentality of loosing was never an option. Copps is very possibly the missing link in midfield and i have a feeling Flynn will get Bennet playing like the player he promises to be. So proud of the club, team and fans tonight. Bring on the rest of the season, it could be epic!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

River Don

• Forum Member
Re: Brian Flynn is our man
« Reply #1 on January 19, 2013, 06:42:59 pm by River Don »
I think JR might just have made another great pick.

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 19, 2013, 06:45:12 pm by One_Matty_Lucas »
I think JR might just have made another great pick.

It still baffles me how people ever worry/worried about our club under JR, yes the McKay thing in hindsight wasnt the best thing, but JR really has got DRFC at his heart and we are lucky as f***

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 19, 2013, 06:45:17 pm by glosterred »
Don't think I have heard the managers name sung for so long and so loud, must be a popular choice for manager - he is with me.

COYR

:scarf:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 19, 2013, 06:48:50 pm by RedJ »
Don't think I have heard the managers name sung for so long and so loud, must be a popular choice for manager - he is with me.

COYR

:scarf:

Last time I remember that kind of thing was that Crystal Palace match two seasons back, then and the following home game actually.

Brilliant, and now we might start to get some sort of atmosphere now the divisions have gone.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 19, 2013, 07:11:23 pm by Mr1Croft »
It was fantastic to hear the crowd come together in the final 20 minutes to push the team over the line when we were beginning to lose control of the midfield.

We have talked about continuity this week but for me we still had to change how we play at home and while we probably never got out of second gear it was an efficient performance and we never looked like losing and the fans appreciated the football on show in the first half and that will be the difference between automatic or the play-offs.

rovgers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 19, 2013, 07:12:11 pm by rovgers »
Wanted to keep it goin to the 90th min think it was cotterills run at goal on about 87 mins that cut it short! I keep forgetting im 48 n one of these days i'll b avin a bloody heart attack!  Couldnt think of a better way to go! :rtid:

redrover10

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 19, 2013, 07:36:55 pm by redrover10 »
Next home game we need it from start to finish not just when were winning RTID

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 19, 2013, 07:39:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Have to say was very quiet today largely due to the cold. But last ten it was great to see all 3 stands chanting that.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 19, 2013, 07:48:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well, now it's time for anyone who had doubts about the type of football we were playing, the SOD/Saunders/McKay issues, the 'souless' Keepmoat  , the SMC, the CEO etc. to put all that to bed and get behind this team, as they deserve the support.

This team is improving and evolving and there's every reason to believe they can go all the way and write themselves a big chapter in Rovers history.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 19, 2013, 08:04:06 pm by bobjimwilly »
got the phone out and recorded the amazing sound of the south stand towards the end of the match. sounded loud from where we sit, and the chanting had already been going for about 5 minutes solid!  :thumbsup:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xjKHO3FrjU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xjKHO3FrjU</a>

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 19, 2013, 08:16:28 pm by Al4475 »
twas good BJW - very nice way to finish the match!

I remember one year away at Rotherham (when Glynn Snods was one of their players) doing a similar 'Beaglehole's Barmy Army' that seemed to last all the way through the second half! We've had other times similar to this obviously but they were two of the longest unbroken chants of '...Barmy Army' I've heard!

It felt like we were all together again today regardless of where you sat on the SO'D/SAUNDERS/McKAY discussions!

MR A-Z

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 20, 2013, 12:55:35 am by MR A-Z »
Brian Flynn reminds me of a wise old owl, or a young Oscar Blaketon off heartbeat.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 20, 2013, 07:22:34 am by andyst79 »
Flynn must be the only manager who doesn't have to worry about banging his head on the dugout, From were I was sat in the east stand he looked like 1 off the ball boys!

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 20, 2013, 10:39:51 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Brian Flynn reminds me of a wise old owl, or a young Oscar Blaketon off heartbeat.

Oscar Blaketons barmy army.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012