Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:19:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Baldwin wanted by Forest  (Read 3875 times)

Hrrtfordshire Loyal

• Forum Member
Baldwin wanted by Forest
« on January 21, 2013, 08:34:49 am by Hrrtfordshire Loyal »
Just seen in the online version of the Free Press that Forest are interested in luring Gavin Baldwin away from us.
This guy has been immense since he has joined us a really great attribute to the club.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red wizard

• VSC Member
Re: Baldwin wanted by Forest
« Reply #1 on January 21, 2013, 10:07:46 am by Red wizard »
I for one hope he stays.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 21, 2013, 10:47:02 am by godlike1 »
Whilst I'm sure he will be flatted and JR n Co will no doubt have expected this would happen at some point I have a feeling that he will want to finish or get close to finishing what he has started at rovers

Yes forest could throw money at him but surely, if the story is true, he will want to stay where he is respected and wanted compared to a club which seems to respect no one and will sack them without a moments thought

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 21, 2013, 10:56:51 am by Filo »
As part of the fan engagement project Gavin should move quick to dismiss this speculation if he has no intention of going, failure to do so would suggest there`s something in it and make a bit of a mockery of the openness of the fan engagement process

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 21, 2013, 11:12:29 am by AbsolutDRFC »
As part of the fan engagement project Gavin should move quick to dismiss this speculation if he has no intention of going, failure to do so would suggest there`s something in it and make a bit of a mockery of the openness of the fan engagement process

Hopefully he may not even be aware of it; as he's hopefully too busy to be sat on that there t'internet all day!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 21, 2013, 11:23:08 am by Filo »

Hopefully he may not even be aware of it; as he's hopefully too busy to be sat on that there t'internet all day!!

I would like to think that the VSC`s regular communications with him have already led to the questions being asked, after all he`s quick to ask that info is put on here when it suits

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 21, 2013, 12:26:38 pm by RobTheRover »
Remember, Gavin is a director of DRFC too.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 21, 2013, 12:57:11 pm by Filo »
Remember, Gavin is a director of DRFC too.

Has the question been asked Rob? a director can easily resign his position

A prompt dismissal of the speculation puts the issue to bed

Remaining silent, suggests that there is something in it

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 21, 2013, 01:06:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Has the question been asked Rob? a director can easily resign his position

A prompt dismissal of the speculation puts the issue to bed

Remaining silent, suggests that there is something in it
He'd be crazy to say no without hearing their offer, if they are going to make one.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 21, 2013, 01:10:42 pm by RobTheRover »
We are making contact witjh Gavin as we speak, however I wouldnt expect anything different to the club statement.  I suspect this is all paper talk.  Read the Star article again.  Lots of "could"s in there.

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 21, 2013, 01:17:46 pm by keyser_soze »
Blimeyl, first time we've had a CEO good enough for another club to try and 'sign' him!

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 21, 2013, 01:21:59 pm by DRNaith »
Blimeyl, first time we've had a CEO good enough for another club to try and 'sign' him!

I hear that Leeds Utd have come in for JR  ;)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 21, 2013, 01:35:13 pm by Filo »

Andy Thomson will be next, good groundsmen are in demand :)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 21, 2013, 01:43:13 pm by MachoMadness »
I think GB would be mad to go to Forest. Working in such an unstable environment could do some severe damage to his CV. Why would anyone want to go to Forest right now when they already have a good job?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 21, 2013, 01:47:50 pm by RobTheRover »
Good point well made,  MM,  and I'm sure that if there is an approach then Gavin is fully aware of the Pandora Box which is Nottingham Forest.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 21, 2013, 02:01:00 pm by silent majority »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 21, 2013, 02:57:03 pm by silent majority »

Dave,

I didn't know you'd posted this, I've only just seen it!! It's a bit disingenuous of you to suggest that not responding in your time-scale makes a mockery of the whole fan-engagement process, far from it. You must remember that we both have full time jobs and is not always easy to respond that quickly. I must admit I'm disappointed that you would question that in this fashion, the IRWT project is the best in the country, currently being copied by other clubs.

Most unfair!   :(

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 21, 2013, 03:09:17 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I think GB would be mad to go to Forest. Working in such an unstable environment could do some severe damage to his CV. Why would anyone want to go to Forest right now when they already have a good job?
Lots of reasons not to go, but you ask why would he go when he has a good job? Bigger club so more managing notches on the CV for one thing, but if the pay is enough, he WILL go, no doubt about it, everyone has their price.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 21, 2013, 03:22:06 pm by MachoMadness »
Lots of reasons not to go, but you ask why would he go when he has a good job? Bigger club so more managing notches on the CV for one thing, but if the pay is enough, he WILL go, no doubt about it, everyone has their price.

I'm aware if someone bigger, like a PL club came in for him, then he'd have his price, I'm not saying he'd never leave us. I just don't think anyone would really fancy that job at Forest right now. While I'm sure Forest could pay him more I don't think, with their owners, that the risk would necessarily be worth the reward. Not saying he wouldn't go to any club, just not to Forest right now. And it seems like GB agrees with me as he's not going!

GM-MarkB

« Reply #19 on January 21, 2013, 04:18:21 pm by GM-MarkB »
So what position does Gavin play...and are the funds in place to replace him  ;)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 21, 2013, 04:34:29 pm by The L J Monk »
I hear Dave Morris is Plan B.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 21, 2013, 04:38:40 pm by GazLaz »
What does he earn?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 21, 2013, 05:27:08 pm by jonnydog »
Respect from all :lol:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 21, 2013, 05:38:31 pm by Filo »

Dave,

I didn't know you'd posted this, I've only just seen it!! It's a bit disingenuous of you to suggest that not responding in your time-scale makes a mockery of the whole fan-engagement process, far from it. You must remember that we both have full time jobs and is not always easy to respond that quickly. I must admit I'm disappointed that you would question that in this fashion, the IRWT project is the best in the country, currently being copied by other clubs.

Most unfair!   :(

Martin,

It was not a dig at anyone, nor was it intended to be, I do realise that you all have work commitments, my point being that a lasting silence would go against the transparency of the fan engagement programme, in hindsight I was probably a little hasty and probably did n`t come across the way I intended it to. Apologies for that, and it`s good to see that when Gavin had the time to respond he quickly dismissed the speculation started by a local journalist who claims to have the best interests of the club at heart

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 21, 2013, 06:19:39 pm by Al4475 »
Knowing Gavin and how he works, he'll very quickly get us exactly where he wants to be and move on when project DRFC is completed for him!

Top bloke who has had an immense impact here - when he's done he'll go - that's what he's done all his business career and why he is such a 'get up and get 'em' type of fella!

Just what we needed and when he's got us moving properly as he wants he'll get up and get someone else at em!

Hopefully when that day comes (which it will eventually) he'll have an apprentice in place to take hos role to the next step! Sith/Jedi stylee!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012