Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 10:19:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Hazard boots the ball boy  (Read 13888 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Hazard boots the ball boy
« Reply #60 on January 23, 2013, 11:02:49 pm by wilts rover »
when it comes out the kid has got bruised ribs and psychological damage there is going to be a lot of red faces on here. Hazard needs a ban to set a precedent.

To set a precedent? Are you expecting it to be open season on ball boys after this? Are footballers now thinking "Hazard only got 3 games, that's worth it to smash a ball boy"?

Ballboys are unpaid and unprotected volunteers. They are the lifeblood of football and the lifeblood of the community. as soon as grown men on the internet support grown men on football field physically assaulting the next generation, society will collapse.
You conveniently overlook the point that the only reason that the ball boys are there is to get the ball back into play quicker.
When you consider that the little toe rag had tweeted earlier before the game that he would be timewasting, and then you see his whinging smarmy face when hes rolling around like a PL footballer whos been "touched" is shows how society and football is being ruined - he is a disgrace

Look, I am not interested in your attempt to twist logic to justify assault on a minor, i am only concerned for the welfare of the child and that he is getting the proper post shock treatment. Hazard should be dealt with by the FA first and criminal justice system second.

go speak to him on twitter then, they obviously haven't taken his mobile away during the ambulance ride following his near death experience

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on January 23, 2013, 11:06:20 pm by Filo »
when it comes out the kid has got bruised ribs and psychological damage there is going to be a lot of red faces on here. Hazard needs a ban to set a precedent.

To set a precedent? Are you expecting it to be open season on ball boys after this? Are footballers now thinking "Hazard only got 3 games, that's worth it to smash a ball boy"?

Ballboys are unpaid and unprotected volunteers. They are the lifeblood of football and the lifeblood of the community. as soon as grown men on the internet support grown men on football field physically assaulting the next generation, society will collapse.
You conveniently overlook the point that the only reason that the ball boys are there is to get the ball back into play quicker.
When you consider that the little toe rag had tweeted earlier before the game that he would be timewasting, and then you see his whinging smarmy face when hes rolling around like a PL footballer whos been "touched" is shows how society and football is being ruined - he is a disgrace

Look, I am not interested in your attempt to twist logic to justify assault on a minor, i am only concerned for the welfare of the child and that he is getting the proper post shock treatment. Hazard should be dealt with by the FA first and criminal justice system second.

Child? He`s nearly 18 years of age!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 23, 2013, 11:35:10 pm by MachoMadness »
Pretty sure that's Mick. The posting style is similar, anyway, too try hard. You had me going enough to reply a couple of times though Mick, so 6/10 for effort, 4/10 for execution. Needed to play the Belgian child abuse card for maximum trolling though, so sadly you miss out on the prize tonight.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 23, 2013, 11:37:25 pm by Filo »
Pretty sure that's Mick. The posting style is similar, anyway, too try hard. You had me going enough to reply a couple of times though Mick, so 6/10 for effort, 4/10 for execution. Needed to play the Belgian child abuse card for maximum trolling though, so sadly you miss out on the prize tonight.

It`s not Mick

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 23, 2013, 11:41:47 pm by MachoMadness »
Then it's just a very similar WUM. Detracting from a comedy goldmine, too!

mjdgreg

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 24, 2013, 12:07:22 am by mjdgreg »
I think Hazard should have kicked him in the head and then stamped on his b*llocks.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 24, 2013, 12:09:40 am by IDM »

You are twisting things.  Most folks on here are not defending Hazard, he kicked the lad and a red card is correct and he may face further disciplinary action.

But you are forgetting that this lad is what, 17-18?  He was pre-meditated in his actions (see his tweets) and should be suitably embarrassed. Yes that doesn't justify Hazard but come on, see all the incident with an open mind.

Post shock treatment..??? Unprotected volunteers..?? You are showing yourself as a bit of a to$$er and that is putting it mild.  For the 3rd time in this post, I am not defending Hazard, but part of me wants to really tell you to go do one.....  And I edited that, because I have enough self discipline not to lose it on here but you really brought me close to getting a ban on here!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 24, 2013, 12:11:16 am by IDM »
I think Hazard should have kicked him in the head and then stamped on his b*llocks.

Line crossed here? Numpty....

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on January 24, 2013, 12:18:52 am by RobTheRover »
DOnt worry, IDM.  Mick is just justifying his Johnny Opposite stance.  If everyone had said the ballboy was in the right, he'd have said the ballboy should have kicked Hazard back.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on January 24, 2013, 12:38:56 am by PDX_Rover »
Questions need to be asked what the hell the ball boy was doing in the first place. HE needs banning from Swansea games for a period of time. Utterly banal, but indicative of society nowadays. BTW, what happened to Leeds after that t**t hit Chris Kirkland? I heard the guy got nicked but any punishment for Leeds?

Hag

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 24, 2013, 01:01:36 am by Hag »
Bang out of order Hazard.

But the way he was playing its a wonder he hit him, he 'd missed everything else!

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 24, 2013, 01:44:05 am by Mustapha-Dump »
I completely condone it, yes hazard kicked a ball boy, who was layed on top of the football, how can you miss that point? Why was the little shit layed on top of the ball? Hazard had asked for the ball politely, asking someone who's job it is to get the ball back on ASAP? How obsurd? For me the real problem is did he kick him hard enough?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 24, 2013, 02:49:40 am by MachoMadness »
I completely condone it, yes hazard kicked a ball boy, who was layed on top of the football, how can you miss that point? Why was the little shit layed on top of the ball? Hazard had asked for the ball politely, asking someone who's job it is to get the ball back on ASAP? How obsurd? For me the real problem is did he kick him hard enough?

To be fair to the lad, he is Welsh so he probably thought if he dived on the ball he'd score a try.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 24, 2013, 07:44:24 am by grayx »
I'm originally from Swansea and desperately want them to win - but that ball boy needs banning from football - I am ashamed.

Hazard should have known better than to become involved and give the ball boy the chance to play act - but never a red.

Well summed up. If the ball boy hadn't acted like a dick in the first place it wouldnt have happened. He should be banned from ever being a ball boy again.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 24, 2013, 08:44:16 am by bobjimwilly »
To be fair to the lad, he is Welsh so he probably thought if he dived on the ball he'd score a try.

:thumbsup:

shaun from thorne

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 24, 2013, 09:22:00 am by shaun from thorne »
He probbably thought it was a sheep and didn't want to share it with anybody else. :thumbsup:

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on January 24, 2013, 10:58:53 am by Donny Dub »
Waterford United asked my 12 year old grandson to  be a ballboy at a match last season.  Important game, both teams needing points for promotion, Waterford were holding out for a 1-1 draw and under pressure in extra time.  The ball went out to our Caolan and pretending to boot it straight back to the visitors he sliced it right out of the ground!  It took ages to get another, the visiting players were furious.  After the match the Waterford captain put his arm on Caolans shoulder and told him "you can be our ballboy anytime you want son".

A very funny episode but no one encouraged it beforehand I assure you.  The Waterford players were very pleased they got a breather and were glad they held out for that draw they needed.

Good luck!

MartinB

« Reply #77 on January 24, 2013, 11:13:43 am by MartinB »
The lad was unlucky if it was Torres that was trying to kick him he'd have missed completely.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on January 24, 2013, 11:15:34 am by Dutch Uncle »
The 1 thing that gets up my t*ts is them singing Land of my Fathers

Unless I have missed something RR they weren't actually singing Land of My Fathers. They have made an anthem out of an old Max Boyce song called Hymns and Arias. The text has a line 'For we were singing, hymns and arias, Land of my Fathers, Ar hyd y nos'

It is rather like what Bristol Rovers have done with that Leadbelly song (Irene?) - who could forget that from the JPT Final.

Has been mentioned before - we could do with an anthem.

Edit: Just such a shame that it should be such a great day for a club like Swansea and all that is being talked about is a stupid ballboy.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 11:34:03 am by Dutch Uncle »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on January 24, 2013, 12:40:27 pm by RobTheRover »
Ive read all this with great interest, and have one other view on it not yet considered.

Everyone is looking at this in black and white terms - did he kick the kid and (to a degree) did the kid deserve it.

I'm guessing most of us on here have played the game to some standard (schoolboy, academy, sunday league, semi-pro, maybe even a pro or two) and everyone is forgetting what we all did when someone was laying on a ball during a game - we would try to kick the ball from under them.  Exactly what Hazard has done.  Do we seriously expect a player to switch off from "game mode" just because they have crossed the byline and not do what they have done all their lives when someone lays on a ball?

I'm not saying what happened was right, just that I can sort of understand why he did it.  And I suspect there was not an ounce of malice in it, just a desire to get the ball.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on January 24, 2013, 12:45:15 pm by hoolahoop »
Hazard deserves a ban similar to what Cantona got to be honest, all his wages paid to the taxpayer and Chelsea banned from the cup next year. Absolutely disgraceful from him and anyone defending him is out of line.

What a load of bollox , the ball boy was cheating and no-one from the Swans seemed over bothered by it either...........I would have yellow carded him as there was little if any contact on the young actor.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:51:50 pm by hoolahoop »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on January 24, 2013, 12:49:12 pm by RobTheRover »
Swansea are playing it down because if there is an investigation by the footballing authorities they will probably end up on a charge themselves.  All the two clubs will want is for it all to blow over asap.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on January 24, 2013, 12:51:00 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Good point Rob, and I am sure you are right about the absence of malice in Hazard with respect to the ballboy.

On the other hand the Liberty Ground has previous - remember Copps (2008?) being kicked while he was on the ground on top of the ball, and being rushed off to hospital with a serious head injury. I reckon someone knew what they did that day.

I also remember Swansea refused to stop play.

One of the protagonists of that day played for Swansea last night.

Edit: this post refers to the post 3 above

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on January 24, 2013, 01:47:59 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Blame all round for me too.

Cant condone what  Hazard did, shouldnt be swinging his leg around and putting himself in that situation.  But its blatently obvious he hasn't assaulted the kid.  Hes kicked the ball from under, him end of.  But he'll probably get a fine & a slap on the wrist anyway.

As for the ball boy, what a tail!  Sends a tweet before the game starts saying he'll waste time, rolls around like he's been shot, appeals to the ref etc etc.

Neither Swansea or Chelsea have a leg to stand on.  Both will probably be fined.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 24, 2013, 02:06:07 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
The ballboy played his part in cheating/time wasting... Good on him! The players do the same, so really it's their fault.

Hazard would've got a red if he had done that to another player, so i think the decision was correct. Laughable all the overreactions too it though  :laugh:

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 24, 2013, 02:08:18 pm by MachoMadness »
Of course Rob is right, and another point - Hazard is 22. Not that much older than the ball boy himself! I would've done the same thing, and if the kid had reacted that way I'd probably have given him another one for good measure. Hazard didn't think, and I know when you're paid £170,000 a week the parameters do shift a bit, but he's still just a young man playing football. Let him serve his 3 match ban and let that be the end of it, we all know the ball boy isn't going to be punished so it sets a worrying precedent if they make an example of Hazard.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 24, 2013, 02:12:48 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
Is it true that the ballboy's dad owns a chain of hotels (called Morgans hotels i think) and that's where the Chelsea players were staying? Bet Hazard's hot water suddenly stopped working!  :lol:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 24, 2013, 02:38:56 pm by steve@dcfd »
His dad is a director of Swansea football club. The lad also tweeted yesterday morning that the king of the ball boys was back to slow down the game. All this does not condone what Hazard did. But if investigated I believe Swansea will be reprimanded also.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on January 24, 2013, 02:51:52 pm by jucyberry »
I must say I feel rather sorry for Hazard, No he shouldn't have kicked out like that, but having that cheating little snot rolling around hugging the ball like that I have sympathy for him losing patience..

I would be so ashamed and embarassed if I was his father..He cannot plead innocence .. That is the trouble with youngsters love of putting every squeak onto social media, it will get read and judged upon.

So no, of course he shouldn't have kicked the kid but for that matter what was the boy doing rolling all over the ball as if  he was an extra in American Pie?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on January 24, 2013, 07:07:43 pm by not on facebook »
Every ACTION as a reaction

As for ballboy bern kicked,me mam as hit me harder
Ffs.

More like a toe poke Than a kick

Hazard was wrong ,but the ballboy Was his own Worst
Enemy.

You all seem to have 4got that football is strong on emotions,cup semi final,team needs to score,plus thr ballboy held thr ball back some 10 mins before and ref did fcuk all about it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012