Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 02:29:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brian Flynn's Plan for the Future  (Read 2787 times)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Brian Flynn's Plan for the Future
« on January 30, 2013, 10:22:40 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Good article on the Doncaster Star website today.  The interview with BF and his big plan for next season

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/flynn-is-committed-to-rovers-long-term-future-1-5364677

It would be great if we could get a Development squad in place next season and take part in the PDL. 

I seem to get more impressed by Brian Flynn each day  :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigKeif

• Forum Member
Re: Brian Flynn's Plan for the Future
« Reply #1 on January 30, 2013, 10:25:38 am by BigKeif »
Good article on the Doncaster Star website today.  The interview with BF and his big plan for next season

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster/flynn-is-committed-to-rovers-long-term-future-1-5364677

It would be great if we could get a Development squad in place next season and take part in the PDL. 

I seem to get more impressed by Brian Flynn each day  :scarf:

Agreed, I have just read this article and am too getting more and more impressed with him. Hopefully onto bigger and better things under BF.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 30, 2013, 01:07:28 pm by RobTheRover »
This is something that Deano started bringing to the fore, as the article says, which is why the VSC started the Tomorrow's Rovers project.  Brian Flynn has fantastic experience in young player development and will certainly take that to the next level.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 30, 2013, 01:19:00 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
I'd prefer him to work at the club, with the youngsters and scouting etc. than being manager next season. I fear he'll get the job when we win the league though...  :unsure:

That's not me being negative, that's just me having genuine concerns about having a management team that consists of a bloke who's not managed at club level for 9/10yrs and a defender.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 30, 2013, 01:31:09 pm by IDM »
BF may not have managed at club level for a while, but he has been involved on the internatinoal scene, and as part of our backroom/scouting.

He's got bags of experience and is well respected.  Rob Jones is a leader.

What more do you want?

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 30, 2013, 01:37:16 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
BF may not have managed at club level for a while, but he has been involved on the internatinoal scene, and as part of our backroom/scouting.

He's got bags of experience and is well respected.  Rob Jones is a leader.

What more do you want?

I know he's well respected, but that doesn't make someone good enough. He's good for contacts, but we've not been able to judge his management (international much different to club - Just ask wolly with the brolly), so it's a massive gamble. Especially when he's got a player for an assistant too, and has to help him aswell.

the championship and league 1 are a whole world apart, both financially and ability wise.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 30, 2013, 01:43:08 pm by IDM »
I could understand your concerns a bit more if BF was a rookie, or it was just RJ in control as a player manager. 

What experience did SOD have in the championship before we went up, apart from the last year or so in charge he did a decent job, so why can't BF?

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 30, 2013, 01:50:22 pm by Belle Vue Popside »
I could understand your concerns a bit more if BF was a rookie, or it was just RJ in control as a player manager. 

What experience did SOD have in the championship before we went up, apart from the last year or so in charge he did a decent job, so why can't BF?

None, but he'd actually managed for a few years when he got the job here. 10yrs is a long time out of club management!

SO'D also had a better all round squad than Flynn has too... Making the summer job easier for him, and therefore diluting the risk.

Mind you, it's going to be a massive job in the summer anyway, no matter who is in charge.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 30, 2013, 01:50:55 pm by albie »
Brian Flynn has plenty of experience of club management before joining the Wales set up.

He also seems to have the support of the players, as they gave JR a steer on what they wanted to happen when DS moved on. Chris Brown today mentions the continuity Flynn brings to the club;
http://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/doncaster-rovers-chris-brown-s-new-lease-of-life-1-5364673

As a Rob Jones day is in place, how about a "Brian Flynn day", or at least some recognition of his status.

Maybe the club could start selling Brian Flynn garden gnomes? What better than to open the curtains first thing and see the leathery faced supremo on top of the rockery, keeping an eye on the shrubs and sward!

Its a winner for sure!

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 30, 2013, 03:15:07 pm by Chris »
Strange. I read that article and thought the complete opposite to BVP. I'd be happy if we gave him a long-term contract tomorrow!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 30, 2013, 03:29:47 pm by RobTheRover »
I've not made my mind up whether BVP is a WUM or just a TDF yet. Hey TDF,  there's a term we've not used on here for years.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 30, 2013, 03:36:00 pm by vaya »
I've not made my mind up whether BVP is a WUM or just a TDF yet. Hey TDF,  there's a term we've not used on here for years.

Chester in bid for TDF.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 30, 2013, 03:58:49 pm by Belle Vue Popside »

What is TDF?

I'm not the only one with concerns about Flynn and next season. He has my full backing though, just like Saunders had.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 30, 2013, 04:16:54 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Hi donnyroversfc x

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 30, 2013, 04:18:42 pm by River Don »

What is TDF?

I'm not the only one with concerns about Flynn and next season. He has my full backing though, just like Saunders had.

Typical Donny Fan, my young padawan.

Belle Vue Popside

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 30, 2013, 05:50:37 pm by Belle Vue Popside »

What is TDF?

Typical Donny Fan, my young padawan.

I should hope i'm not a TDF then.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 30, 2013, 06:21:09 pm by i_ateallthepies »
TDF if a first for me too so, of course start immediately trying to find a term that fits.  Clearly written as a term of derision, and 'total dumb F**k' just popped into my head.  oops!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 30, 2013, 07:55:29 pm by Nudga »
Or one of my personal favourites "That bloke is a proper Kitson"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012