Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:42:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Snow forcast for Sunday and Monday  (Read 2532 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Snow forcast for Sunday and Monday
« on February 08, 2013, 09:25:10 am by Filo »
Lets hope Andy has plans to cover the pitch or Tuesday`s game may be in doubt

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
Re: Snow forcast for Sunday and Monday
« Reply #1 on February 08, 2013, 09:44:57 am by AbsolutDRFC »

Thanks Michael Fish!
The switch between freezing temperatures and potential snow must be a nightmare for Andy & his team, as i guess they have to have a Plan A, B and C which can change within 48 hours.

Is there a lot forecast, as the risk of access around the ground could also scupper things too.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 08, 2013, 10:09:02 am by Filo »

Thanks Michael Fish!
The switch between freezing temperatures and potential snow must be a nightmare for Andy & his team, as i guess they have to have a Plan A, B and C which can change within 48 hours.

Is there a lot forecast, as the risk of access around the ground could also scupper things too.

Met office weather warning for Sunday

There is a risk that a band of rain spreading from the southwest during Sunday will turn to sleet and snow.  There is the potential for accumulations up to 10 cm in places and the public should be aware of possible disruption to travel.

And for Monday

Outbreaks of rain, sleet and snow will gradually clear from the northwest. There is the potential for further accumulations of up to 10 cm in places and ice will increasingly become a hazard. The public should be aware of possible disruption to travel

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 08, 2013, 10:19:32 am by silent majority »
The problem we now face is that covering the pitch for long periods is killing the grass.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 08, 2013, 10:52:49 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I'm sure that Andy has a plan.  He and the staff did a great job getting the Leyton Orient game on.

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 08, 2013, 05:14:54 pm by Andy Thompson »
Pitch is covered now ready for tomorrow, will be covered after game tomorrow and monitored Sunday/Monday.

i cant wait for March to begin!!!

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 08, 2013, 05:22:55 pm by Surrey Rover »
Pitch is covered now ready for tomorrow, will be covered after game tomorrow and monitored Sunday/Monday.

Anybody remember season 1980/81? Saturday April 25th, Mansfield v Doncaster a match that if we won sent us up to the old third division and was to be covered by Yorkshire TV for their highlights programme. Against all the odds the weather turned, a huge snowfall arrived and the match was postponed. Ever since then I've never declared winter over until May!

Andy Thompson

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 08, 2013, 06:04:14 pm by Andy Thompson »
Dont depress me even more Surrey Rover!! this winter has destroyed the pitch this season. But thankfully it may look poor but plays better than last season during the winter. but like myself looks can be deceiving :-)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 08, 2013, 06:39:03 pm by The Red Baron »

Anybody remember season 1980/81? Saturday April 25th, Mansfield v Doncaster a match that if we won sent us up to the old third division and was to be covered by Yorkshire TV for their highlights programme. Against all the odds the weather turned, a huge snowfall arrived and the match was postponed. Ever since then I've never declared winter over until May!

I do remember it. I was at cricket practice the day before and thinking how cold it was. Next day I wake up to snow. I'd hoped to go to Mansfield but I had to settle for seeing us tie up promotion in front of a five-figure Belle Vue crowd a week later. That was a day to remember.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 08, 2013, 06:42:22 pm by IDM »
Bournemouth at home, wasn't it..??

Anyway, let's hope we can get the game on on Tuesday, get some momentum going again...

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 08, 2013, 07:24:51 pm by The Red Baron »
Indeed it was. We won 2-1 with goals from Warboys and Nimmo.

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 08, 2013, 09:33:09 pm by BigH »
Now that was a good day. Clinched promotion as I recall. I'm just off to watch that old Billy Bremner vid with Martin Tyler.

boozehound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 09, 2013, 07:18:10 am by boozehound »
I remember meeting  a certain renowned punk and crew at the staff of life early doors for the Mansfield game in 80/81.Remembering being so disappointed that game called off,thought pitch was waterlogged.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 09, 2013, 07:58:04 am by hoolahoop »
Now that was a good day. Clinched promotion as I recall. I'm just off to watch that old Billy Bremner vid with Martin Tyler.

You and Martin Tyler good drinking buddies then Big H ?  :lol:

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 09, 2013, 09:38:37 am by The Red Baron »
Snowing quite steadily in Solihull and has been since about 7am. Very wet stuff and not settling on the roads or pavements. Any up in Donny at the moment?

Red wizard

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 09, 2013, 10:15:58 am by Red wizard »
No snow up here.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 09, 2013, 11:56:46 am by hoolahoop »
Snowing quite steadily in Solihull and has been since about 7am. Very wet stuff and not settling on the roads or pavements. Any up in Donny at the moment?

Lovely day with plenty of sunshine..........so far!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012