Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 04:11:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: JR in the Free Press  (Read 2757 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: JR in the Free Press
« Reply #1 on February 23, 2013, 12:25:44 pm by RoversAlias »
Key bit in that that was that Flynn has the go ahead to sign THREE players and so far we have brought in two. Hope that forward is coming in next week  :scarf:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 23, 2013, 12:28:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
"We have been linked with Sheffield Wednesday striker Gary Madine who, I understand, is keen to come to us.

But I heard ahead of the Crawley game that the Owls management were not “playing ball on terms”.  "

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 23, 2013, 12:38:50 pm by MrFrost »
Key bit in that that was that Flynn has the go ahead to sign THREE players and so far we have brought in two. Hope that forward is coming in next week  :scarf:

Who is the 2nd?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 23, 2013, 12:39:03 pm by Filo »

Things change quickly, the FP would have been ready to print on Wednesday afternoon, the article could have been at least a day old, we already know that one deal fell through, we should n`t be bringing just anyone in to satisfy the fans thirst for signings. If the right type of player is not available we wait until he is. Some folk need to look past the newspaper spin sometimes!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 23, 2013, 12:54:29 pm by RedJ »

Who is the 2nd?

Er, the lad from Burnley?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 23, 2013, 12:58:05 pm by RoversAlias »

Who is the 2nd?

We've signed Lundstram and Howieson this week...

And if we win well with the strikers on form today obviously we probably won't bother. I still think we could do with another forward though, unless Sinclair is going to start turning up.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 23, 2013, 01:02:13 pm by MrFrost »

Who is the 2nd?

I must have completely missed this.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 23, 2013, 01:16:18 pm by RedJ »

Who is the 2nd?

Their best youth prospect the Burnley fan that came on said in a round about way, or one of them anyway. Plays for NZ full international side. Midfield, in the mold of Syers I think people said.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 23, 2013, 01:20:21 pm by MrFrost »

Who is the 2nd?

Their best youth prospect the Burnley fan that came on said in a round about way, or one of them anyway. Plays for NZ full international side. Midfield, in the mold of Syers I think people said.

Seen this now, thanks.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 23, 2013, 09:17:30 pm by steve@dcfd »
Well JR and the co owners if you really want us to finish top then what ever needs resolving to get in a striker, Madine, then go for it and we can progress. Otherwise it's all talk and no action.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 23, 2013, 10:55:57 pm by MachoMadness »
Can't help it if the Fowls don't want him to leave. We've shipped out Martis who was on big money so I imagine the money is there if we need it, so wait and see what happens I guess.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 23, 2013, 10:57:38 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Can't help it if the Fowls don't want him to leave. We've shipped out Martis who was on big money so I imagine the money is there if we need it, so wait and see what happens I guess.

Could that be why he's been paid up?   

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 23, 2013, 11:03:56 pm by MachoMadness »
You never know. It might be a case of putting 2+2 together and getting 5, but the timing is certainly interesting. I hope it's the case but it's probably optimistic.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 23, 2013, 11:07:01 pm by Dagenham Rover »
If not Madine perhaps somebody else thats worth a couple of quid, as you say the timings interesting

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 23, 2013, 11:07:23 pm by dknward2 »
Well there will be no one coming in before Tuesdays game so we need to manage with paynter up front or maybe it will be hume and copps

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 24, 2013, 09:29:46 am by Rios »
It would be prudent to point out at this point that we already have a striker on-loan to us who is warming the bench every week.  Far better to not sign anyone than sign someone to placate the fans but who isn't upto the standard on the pitch.

whisky

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 24, 2013, 10:36:18 am by whisky »
Probably entirely coincidental but a friend of mine saw Madine in Doncaster last night having a drink.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 24, 2013, 10:40:39 am by Donnybax »
Madine played a part for Wednesday yesterday id say it's very doubtful he will be coming here

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 24, 2013, 10:47:49 am by DonnyRTID »
Lets hope Paynter's fit, he was limping, feeling his calf just before he went off. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012