Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 11:22:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mk dons away  (Read 3055 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Mk dons away
« on February 28, 2013, 08:48:41 pm by normal rules »
Looking forward to this one. Free parking, a real nice ground, padded seats, great legroom and view and quality facilities. Not bad at 20 quid a pop and a fiver for my lad. Pity it's a tues night as it will affect the travelling support.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

German Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Mk dons away
« Reply #1 on February 28, 2013, 09:00:57 pm by German Rover »
Normally I wouldn't go near mcdons with a sharpened stick, but living in twenty minutes away and missing my rovers fix I'm going to be going

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 28, 2013, 09:04:00 pm by Mr1Croft »
I'm not going, in Hull till 6 on Tuesday and quite dissapointed as a) I have never been to stadium MK and b) I hate them with a passion, not as a Rovers fan but as a football fan in general.

Gi'em some stick from me... and cheer the lads on too...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 28, 2013, 09:08:52 pm by RedJ »
Even if I could get, they're getting f**k all of my money.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 01, 2013, 09:38:53 am by moses »
Agreed, I will not go to MK Dons.
Away fans stopped the club going bust and ending the possibility of any club being allowed to be moved so far.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 01, 2013, 11:00:24 am by andysly »
Enlighten me as how away fans kept them going?
Surely 2 or 300 away fans didnt make the financial difference.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 01, 2013, 11:10:30 am by donnievic »
Looking forward to this one. Free parking, a real nice ground, padded seats, great legroom and view and quality facilities. Not bad at 20 quid a pop and a fiver for my lad. Pity it's a tues night as it will affect the travelling support.
free parking?? Any idea where

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 01, 2013, 04:06:41 pm by Jenny »
Because I am a terrible person who clearly doesn't care about football as a whole, I will be at Stadium MK on Tuesday night.

I wonder if those who boycott MK Dons give any money to Sky? Because as far as I am concerned, what they have done to football is far worse than the Wimbledon fiasco.

wardy16

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 01, 2013, 04:09:57 pm by wardy16 »
I went to the ticket office this morning and there had been 197 tickets sold so far, not too bad so far

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 01, 2013, 04:41:13 pm by normal rules »
Free street parking in the adjacent industrial estate according to groundguide.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 01, 2013, 05:07:29 pm by IDM »
The whole franchise fiasco irritated me no end when it happened.  I feel for the folks of MK who are not to blame.

I could go, but won't.  I do not criticise those supporters who do go in any way shape or form, but it is my choice....

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 01, 2013, 08:40:51 pm by wilts rover »
I have posted this a couple of times with regard to this debate. Whose fault is it that Wimbledon moved, the football fans of MK, Sam Hamman, some dodgy Norweigen get rich quickers - or the FA who had ultimate control over the move?

And how many people would boycott a game at the Emirates because Arsenal stole a team from Woolwich?

Yes I shall be there too.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 02, 2013, 08:45:35 am by IDM »
Wilts, ultimately I blame the FA and the football league for letting this happen, in fact the main issue wasn't the relocation, renaming etc it was the start of MK Dons as a "new" club in the same division as the defunct club it replaced.  Telford Utd went bust at the same time, and started again as AFC Telford 4 divisions below.  Similar with Aldershot etc. 

No fault of the fans at MK, nor the people behind the team who just exploited the opportunity.

My not going is me making a stand against the franchising effect ie the initial league status of the new club.  Just my opinion, others will and do think differently. 

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 02, 2013, 09:43:59 am by wilts rover »
IDM, total respect for your views - even though I think you are wrong. Wimbledon FC didn't go bust, as per Telford, Scarborough, Chester and several other of our old friends, the directors of the club sold the club to a different set of directors - who happened to be in a totaly different town 40 miles away - and they moved that club those 40 miles. As did Woolwich Arsenal - although only around 10 miles from Plumstead. And the directors changed the name - to the silly MK Dons, as they did when they took the Woolwich bit away from Arsenal, thus loosing all identity with the true geographical home of the club.

In fact the move of Arsenal is significantly worse, involving dodgy land deals and backhanders to the FL so they were not relegated when they finished bottom of the league.

Again total respect for your views and I am with you in that francising of sports clubs in this country should not be allowed, but its nothing new, so dont not go and support your team because of that unless you want to be totaly consistent.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 02, 2013, 12:08:58 pm by streatham dave »
For any London based fans you can get a direct train to Milton Keynes from Imperial wharf (Chelsea)return for just over £20 which is what I am considering. Not sure how far the ground is from the train station.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 02, 2013, 12:25:56 pm by roversam »
I will be there with 4 others in car, cant wait, i wonder how many of the so called rovers fans who wont go cos its MK, would still not go if MK was only about 30 or 40 miles away from Donny.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 02, 2013, 04:39:04 pm by Jenny »
For any London based fans you can get a direct train to Milton Keynes from Imperial wharf (Chelsea)return for just over £20 which is what I am considering. Not sure how far the ground is from the train station.
Ground is about 3 mile or so from MK Central - short taxi ride away. It is actually far closer to Bletchley station than it is MK.

You can get an off peak return for under £20 from Euston which covers Virgin trains only and for an off peak return which lets you London Midland too its about £25

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 02, 2013, 04:40:08 pm by philsky »

Im going too.

Day off Tuesday and Wednesday and only 40 miles !

Happy stuff.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 02, 2013, 05:03:45 pm by normal rules »
If rovers play anything like they did today; the stay aways, (on grounds of politics surrounding franchise fc) might just miss another vintage rovers away performance.

streatham dave

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 02, 2013, 05:05:35 pm by streatham dave »
Cheers Jenny taxi other end sounds like a plan as I will only be getting into MK at 7.00. It will be my first night game in ages. Floodlights always add a bit of atmosphere for me. RTID

CoventryRed

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 02, 2013, 05:21:44 pm by CoventryRed »
Can we pay on the day does anyone know?

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 02, 2013, 05:52:19 pm by Alickismyhero »
If anyone is interested I can pick up at Hemel Hempstead at approx 5.30. I can squeez 6 normal sized people in. We would probably return to Hemel about 1115.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 02, 2013, 05:53:23 pm by Jenny »
Can we pay on the day does anyone know?
I hope so, would be a pisser for us southerners if not!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 02, 2013, 06:08:12 pm by wilts rover »
Its a 22000 capacity stadium with 8k average crowds - there'll be room!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 02, 2013, 09:51:06 pm by IDM »
I can't comment about something that happened so long ago (Arsenal) but what happened with MK Dons should not have been allowed to happen, not in the context of the modern game with the pyramid structure we have had in place for a few decades.

I have no problem with anyone else going to this game, and I hope you get a performance like today.  It's my loss if I miss the best game of the season, and I probably live closer to MK than I do to Doncaster.

Standanista

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 05, 2013, 09:47:28 am by Standanista »
I wonder if those who boycott MK Dons give any money to Sky?
Yep.  We all sold our soul to the Devil far too long ago to be in a position to moralise about MK Dons' situation.  Four going from here.  I always hated the old Wimbledon when they used to stuff us in the early '80s anyway, let MK have 'em, and let's us 'ave 'em t'neet.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 05, 2013, 10:28:19 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Well I'm not going - but I wish I was. 

Work until 5 and then a 5 year olds birthday party to plan for the end of the week will be taking over my early evening.  The joys of being a father.

I'll make sure shes in bed before kick-off though so will be listening to the action on Rovers player.  The cat nearly had heart faliure last week when Kyle Bennett scored the winner at the Shrews.  Hopefully hes prepared this week  :lol:

:scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012