Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:01:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: I've just checked and.........  (Read 2935 times)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
I've just checked and.........
« on March 06, 2013, 08:51:51 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
We're still top of the league!  Would you adam and eve it!  :scarf:

Have a little faith people  :rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: I've just checked and.........
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2013, 08:53:51 am by DonnyOsmond »
Sheff Utd with a game in hand over us now though.

Last season was less nervy than this. :(

The_Rooky

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 06, 2013, 09:37:47 am by The_Rooky »
Sheff Utd with a game in hand over us now though.

Last season was less nervy than this. :(

But at this stage of the season it's points in the bag that matter - you know, a bird in the hand and all that!!
Are we going to have to go on suicide watch every time we lose a game? I think it's safe to say we'll lose at least another game before the end of the season - but so will our rivals!!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 06, 2013, 09:58:19 am by bobjimwilly »
Sheff U have got MK Dons at home on Sat, so we might be ok. Keep the faith!  :scarf:

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 06, 2013, 10:18:42 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
I just find it amazing how we loose a game and its the end of the world.  Yes we have injuries which dont bode well but ffs.

I couldn't beleive some of the garbage I read on twitter last night.  It was unreal. 

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 06, 2013, 10:22:26 am by hoolahoop »
I just find it amazing how we loose a game and its the end of the world.  Yes we have injuries which dont bode well but ffs.

I couldn't beleive some of the garbage I read on twitter last night.  It was unreal. 

BVG it's the manner of the loss that worries many not the loss. Last night we performed poorly in every area. That's not unlucky that's a lack of cohesion and direction that we shouldn't have for a team of our size, position and collective abilities at this level.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 06, 2013, 10:27:05 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »

BVG it's the manner of the loss that worries many not the loss. Last night we performed poorly in every area. That's not unlucky that's a lack of cohesion and direction that we shouldn't have for a team of our size, position and collective abilities at this level.

Every team has an off day though Hoola.  You're right though, the manner of the defeat was disappointing.  But how many times can anyone say we've been beaten easily this season?  Last nights game was probably the first time this season that we have.  Cant really think of any others??

Injuries are playing a part again too.  Too many games in too little days for me with a small squad

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 06, 2013, 10:31:41 am by IDM »
BVG I agree with you.  No one died did they?

So if we end up not being good enough for promotion, so be it, start again next season.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 06, 2013, 10:33:12 am by hoolahoop »

Every team has an off day though Hoola.  You're right though, the manner of the defeat was disappointing.  But how many times can anyone say we've been beaten easily this season?  Last nights game was probably the first time this season that we have.  Cant really think of any others??

Injuries are playing a part again too.  Too many games in too little days for me with a small squad

Then that is for the Owners and Manager to sort out , we talked about this in January. Again we've not been pro-active and show little signs of being re-active. All teams have the same amount of league fixtures , in fact because of our weakness in all the cup competitions we will have played fewer games than our competitors overall.
However we are probably the best at adhering to the Fair Play rules; something to fall back on when /if we don't get promotion eh ?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 06, 2013, 10:37:38 am by hoolahoop »

So if we end up not being good enough for promotion, so be it, start again next season.

However it doesn't need to be that way IDM or don't you think the club could do with the enhanced revenue to spend on the team and infrastructure next season !! Perhaps you prefer this Division and the lack of revenue raising 'derby' games the club would more than likely have next season ? Perhaps you're not bothered about the sweet smell of success that comes with promotion.........I DO.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 06, 2013, 11:58:42 am by donnievic »

oh right so it's only when we lose its the manner of defeat?we have played poor for most of the season but because on many occasions we have scraped a win then most are not bothered the way we play.i have said it all season we have played shit in most of the games bar I would say 6 or 7

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 06, 2013, 12:08:37 pm by hoolahoop »

oh right so it's only when we lose its the manner of defeat?we have played poor for most of the season but because on many occasions we have scraped a win then most are not bothered the way we play.i have said it all season we have played shit in most of the games bar I would say 6 or 7

I would agree with you and I'm one of those who feels pissed off with poor performances either by the team or individuals win, lose or draw. 6/7 games is probably an exaggeration too, the style and the way we play at times is abysmal and predictable barring those odd moments in some games. Can we put a decent performance in for much/most of the game ? Rarely I'm afraid to say perhaps we have been spoilt in the recent past.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 06, 2013, 12:39:31 pm by River Don »

I would agree with you and I'm one of those who feels pissed off with poor performances either by the team or individuals win, lose or draw. 6/7 games is probably an exaggeration too, the style and the way we play at times is abysmal and predictable barring those odd moments in some games. Can we put a decent performance in for much/most of the game ? Rarely I'm afraid to say perhaps we have been spoilt in the recent past.

I think it's fair to say though, our best performances this season have come under Brian Flynn.

Our worst ones too but generally those have involved injuries and James Harper.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 06, 2013, 05:31:39 pm by bobjimwilly »

However it doesn't need to be that way IDM or don't you think the club could do with the enhanced revenue to spend on the team and infrastructure next season !! Perhaps you prefer this Division and the lack of revenue raising 'derby' games the club would more than likely have next season ? Perhaps you're not bothered about the sweet smell of success that comes with promotion.........I DO.

I don't prefer this division, and I would certainly love to see more derbys. I also like the feelings that come with promotion.

But I'm still optimistic, I still keep the faith, and I'll still be there at the next home game supporting the lads.

No-one on here expected promotion this season at the start of this campaign, so we should all be over the moon with being top of the the league, shouldn't we?

:huh:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 07, 2013, 02:13:01 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Better to win two games and lose one,rather than win one draw two,MK Dons was just one of the many twists and turns,that the season is going to throw up,you have to go back to Coventry at home on December 15th for the last time we lost a game by three,so only the second time this season it's happened,Mk got some important players back that have been missing,very disappointing result,but there are going to be more funny results before the seasons out,three points against Bournemouth and we are back on track,a bit of a worry if they see Mark Wilson as the answer to our ''Midfield Prayers'',it would be alright if he could tackle-HE CAN'T-Head a ball-HE CAN'T-If he had an Engine to get up and down box to box-HE HASN'T-The only thing going for him is he's great at two yard passes,if we are going to sign him,why wasn't Sammy Clingan signed when we had the chance?,very disappointing other clubs are looking up for signings,we are looking backwards :facepalm:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 07, 2013, 01:53:44 pm by IDM »

Hoola I never said I didn't want promotion - the success would be great especially as champions.  Sure we'd need a squad rebuild for the Championship but let's deal with that once we get there.  What I meant was it is not the end of the world if we end up not being good enough for promotion this year.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012