Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 05:29:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Robbie Blake leaves by mutual consent  (Read 3234 times)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Robbie Blake leaves by mutual consent
« on March 25, 2013, 04:53:42 pm by newyankee »
Robbie Blake has had his contract termionated by mutual agrrement. They have vcome to an agreement over the last weeks of his contract, no big surprise, but will I suppose save somwe money for the club.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Re: Robbie Blake leaves by mutual consent
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2013, 04:55:25 pm by newyankee »
I must look at the keys, terminated not as is, vcome should be come and somwe should be some, otherwise a perfect thread!!!!!!

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2013, 05:10:07 pm by keith79 »
Maybe another loan player with the wages that are now free
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:25:42 pm by keith79 »

SOD

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2013, 05:16:18 pm by SOD »
wages i'd wager

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2013, 05:39:04 pm by Filo »
I maybe wrong but it looks to me as if Blake and Fowler were signed by Saunders because he was their mate and not for football reasons. Flynn has shipped them both out

pubteam

« Reply #5 on March 25, 2013, 05:59:41 pm by pubteam »
I actually thought when we signed him that Blake would feature more than he has this season. Looked like a decent option to have coming off the bench to put some quality set plays in and what not.

I suspect both Saunders and Blake himself envisaged him having a bigger role than he did, because when he signed we only had a handful of players, and Blake and Brown were our only (senior) striking options.

I think it made sense at the time, but just did not work out. I'd say Saunders got the vast majority of his summer dealings spot on, as most of his signings have turned out pretty good. Perhaps Blake and Harper turned out the only real disappointments.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2013, 06:10:26 pm by MachoMadness »
I always imagined he'd leave by crumbling into dust in front of the South Stand, a bit like Catherine Deneuve at the end of The Hunger. Shame really as I thought he'd feature more this season, but he obviously wasn't in Flynn's plans.

viking87

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2013, 06:33:38 pm by viking87 »
I always imagined he'd leave by crumbling into dust in front of the South Stand, a bit like Catherine Deneuve at the end of The Hunger. Shame really as I thought he'd feature more this season, but he obviously wasn't in Flynn's plans.

Spoiler alert!!

RedArmy

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 25, 2013, 06:51:00 pm by RedArmy »
Flynn said only a few weeks ago he had a big part to play in the run in of the season, so comes quite strange to me, but then again he bigs up Sinclair in press conferances and doesnt play him.

Good decision in my eyes though spending wages on a player who was barely used! :)

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 25, 2013, 08:40:41 pm by bedale rover »
Shame he was a class player and was excellent v hull

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 26, 2013, 12:33:50 am by Sammy Chung was King »
We got him when there was very little left,unfortunately,what a player he was though at Bradford etc,good luck to him :scarf:

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2013, 01:09:42 am by DMnumber4 »
IF, and its a very big IF, we somehow got up with a couple of games to spare, I'd like to see Jordan Ball get a run rather than Blake.

His departure frees up wages before the loan deadline and means he can try and make an impression at another club - perhaps in L2 - and earn a contract for next season, without having to go on trial during the summer when he's not at his, ahem, athletic best.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 26, 2013, 08:54:54 am by DonnyNoel »
I actually thought when we signed him that Blake would feature more than he has this season. Looked like a decent option to have coming off the bench to put some quality set plays in and what not.

I suspect both Saunders and Blake himself envisaged him having a bigger role than he did, because when he signed we only had a handful of players, and Blake and Brown were our only (senior) striking options.

I think it made sense at the time, but just did not work out. I'd say Saunders got the vast majority of his summer dealings spot on, as most of his signings have turned out pretty good. Perhaps Blake and Harper turned out the only real disappointments.

But even then wasn't Blake one of our first signings? So it could be said in Saunders defence that Brown was our only striker at the time and he needed to get bodies in quickly. Paynter was a late signing and Hume a loan so its possible Blake may have featured more had we not got those in.

pubteam

« Reply #13 on March 26, 2013, 01:21:26 pm by pubteam »

But even then wasn't Blake one of our first signings? So it could be said in Saunders defence that Brown was our only striker at the time and he needed to get bodies in quickly. Paynter was a late signing and Hume a loan so its possible Blake may have featured more had we not got those in.

That's what I'm saying. I think Blake and Saunders both expected Blake to have a bigger role, as he was part of an extremely small squad at that point. As it transpired we were able to get several better options through the door before the transfer window shut, pushing Blake down the pecking order.

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 26, 2013, 02:23:15 pm by ditch_drfc »
Never understood why we signed him in the first place. His lack of fitness overshadowed any skill he may have had.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 26, 2013, 04:55:27 pm by silent majority »
DS did admit that the signing of Blake was a mistake and that we would have to wait to get him off the wage bill. At least that's one he admitted to.

neil grainger

« Reply #16 on March 26, 2013, 05:20:00 pm by neil grainger »
DS did admit that the signing of Blake was a mistake and that we would have to wait to get him off the wage bill. At least that's one he admitted to.

That's interesting, SM

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 26, 2013, 07:17:19 pm by DonnyNoel »

That's interesting, SM

Indeed, dish dish dish haha!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012