Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:15:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: FAO TRACEY OR SHAUN LOCKWOOD  (Read 10552 times)

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
Re: FAO TRACEY OR SHAUN LOCKWOOD
« Reply #30 on April 15, 2013, 11:33:05 am by ditch_drfc »
Ok, looks like i'm wrong on the getting a message from the club. See in fairness to them, it seems like they did all they can to satisfy everyone...

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 15, 2013, 11:37:47 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Dear Belle Vue Ghost

Yes i advised they would be online this morning from 9am, we had 120 tickets left for sale as of Friday, 50 were allocated for online sales (these were purchased by STH's, and Alliance members prior to 9am), therefore there was no point in releasing the online sales facility to general sale as they had all gone by 9am.

The other 70 were used for the queue outside this morning and telephone calls received.  Several customers were turned away at the end of the queue at 9am due to tickets selling out likewise on the phones.

Ok Tracey, fair enough.  Thank you for your response.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 15, 2013, 11:40:16 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Thank you for all your responses everyone and recommendations into schemes such as the Alliance and Away Rover.

Hopefully in the next few weeks I will be purchasing a 10 game multi-ticket for next season.  I believe this gets me 2nd priority for away games after ST holders?

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on April 15, 2013, 11:42:48 am by Surrey Rover »
DunscroftDave

I agree with a large part of what you have said.  As previously stated I live over 200 miles away so a ST would not benifit me.

It doesn't benefit me either BVG but I have one and I'm 3 miles from JC 9 off the M23, not far from you. I've several vouchers left in my season ticket again this season but it's not whether it benefits me it's what benefits DRFC.  If JR had adopted a "what benefits me policy" in 1998 the club wouldn't be here now.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on April 15, 2013, 11:45:45 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
DunscroftDave

I agree with a large part of what you have said.  As previously stated I live over 200 miles away so a ST would not benifit me.

It doesn't benefit me either BVG but I have one and I'm 3 miles from JC 9 off the M23, not far from you. I've several vouchers left in my season ticket again this season but it's not whether it benefits me it's what benefits DRFC.  If JR had adopted a "what benefits me policy" in 1998 the club wouldn't be here now.

I would never put the football club I support in front of my financial situation, so kudos to you sir
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:52:43 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on April 15, 2013, 11:55:00 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Im happy with the explanation of the ticket office.

Just annoyed that the priority is given to those who can make it to the KMS and not those living 1000 miles away and paying fortunes to get to the matches.

Oh well, not the first time I have been shafted with flights this season (coventry).

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on April 15, 2013, 11:57:05 am by graingrover »
 When I was having similar problems to Belle Vue Ghost on another occasion, Tracy advised me that the Online system  was inherited from the SMS days and was neither user nor client friendly. The management needs to  get the system overhauled as an action consistent with the strategy of being fan friendly.
   In this day and age to say that queuing  at the ticket office should receive priority is  not consistent  fan friendly service either. A considerable percentage of Rovers fans live outside the immediate vicinity of the ground and others work weekdays. Most people use the internet or phone to buy services in the modern age.

dunscroftdave

« Reply #37 on April 15, 2013, 12:01:54 pm by dunscroftdave »
BVG has been unlucky as have another few hundred people (at least). Our last match is at a ground where the away allocation is small for a game of such magnitude (most of the league looks around the 2000 away fans mark with the exception of a few with bigger capacity grounds (you know the ones). I understand your point, but you must have sat there at 8:58 this morning and been resigned to the fact that if you had purchased a ticket any other way except in person, it would have been as big a miracle as...er...Sheff U winning all of their remaining games?! Even if I had gone down to KMS at 8am this morning, I would have expected to be at the back end of a queue of 50 (no chance of getting a ticket!). I think that people who don't live accessible to the KMS should have resigned themselves to the fact that there would be no tickets available with it been such a small number left. My point is that if anyone was given false hope by anything posted on here, their experience over the years should have told them the reality. Its a shame in this day and age that queueing in the early hours etc is still the best way to buy a ticket in these situations with all of the wonderful technology we have available (obviously outside of Donny!). In this case, change would be good.

Great point about the Alliance and Multi Games though! Bottom line is though that unless you are a STH, whether they allocate online only, phone only, in person only, have an exile's list for £10 admin fee each per year, donate blood to verify your rovers DNA, sponsor a zebra, buy shares in John Ryan's teeth whitening empire, volunteer to build sandcastles on the pitch at halftime, adopt a skunk lamp etc, the ticket office was in a no win situation from the moment that it became clear that there were only so few left by close of play last Friday. The ticket office staff in these situations should have a definite plan knowing that they will upset people whatever they do, but like someone has said, at least it would have been clear, despite the fact that they were trying to be helpful.

Remember "True genius resides in the capacity for evaluation of uncertain, hazardous, and conflicting information" - Winston Churchill

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on April 15, 2013, 12:26:19 pm by ravenrover »
Whilst I have every sympathy with people living away who can't get to the ground, I live in Nottingham so not easy for me either, and rely on the online system (I am a STH)  but, is it just me that gets a sense of "cherry picking" of games by some fans who are complaining?
The game is in London so obviously appeals to our Southern Supporters Branch as a "home" game opportunity but for the STHs and the people who fork out every other week for home games and also for away games is it not right that they should get priority?
We all want to be at what might be the most crucial game of the season but unfortunately that can't happen so I am afraid priorities have to come into play. As I said every sympathy but..................! JMHO

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on April 15, 2013, 12:28:05 pm by drfcsteve »
DunscroftDave

Fair play if you're in that financial situation but not everyone has money to throw away on something they're not going to use. It's not a practical solution for exiles to get their hands on tickets.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 15, 2013, 12:31:45 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Whilst I have every sympathy with people living away who can't get to the ground, I live in Nottingham so not easy for me either, and rely on the online system (I am a STH)  but, is it just me that gets a sense of "cherry picking" of games by some fans who are complaining?
The game is in London so obviously appeals to our Southern Supporters Branch as a "home" game opportunity but for the STHs and the people who fork out every other week for home games and also for away games is it not right that they should get priority?
We all want to be at what might be the most crucial game of the season but unfortunately that can't happen so I am afraid priorities have to come into play. As I said every sympathy but..................! JMHO

I dont think anyone is disputing that ST holders should get priority.  Same with Multi game holders and members.  I'm certainly not anyway.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on April 15, 2013, 12:33:29 pm by Surrey Rover »
DunscroftDave

I would never put the football club I support in front of my financial situation, so kudos to you sir

Not quite how you worded it initially was it BVG but at the end of the day your choice.
However when that arrangement doesn't work out should you really come on here looking for a scapegoat and slating Tracey or Shaun Lockwood? 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on April 15, 2013, 12:44:32 pm by IDM »
I don't think he is having a go at the staff, more venting frustration that the tickets were said to be available online, then weren't.

If a statement was made on Saturday to the effect that online sales would be suspended, there would be no problem.  Frustration perhaps, but understandable.

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 15, 2013, 12:50:26 pm by Jersey Rover »
Most larger club have supporters clubs branches scattered all over the country. Part of being involved in that is they get a minimal number of tickets set aside for registered exile members so there is a chance of getting tickets for games either high profile games or not. A simple system of registering at the start of the season for a nominal fee would stop other fans from gatecrashing the system on prime games and give a fair chance to all Exiled Rovers fans. I recently had the same issue for the Scunthorpe game. Had little help unfortunately to say from the ticket office or reply in fact after numerous e mails and telephone calls so ended up sitting in the Scunthorpe side which takes away the atmosphere a little but was grateful for any tickets after forking out £1k for flights hire car and hotel for the weekend. I would think alot of the exiles already contribute to the club already as im sure most ardent fans subscribe to Rovers player so as not to miss a kick throughout the season. In fairness, its probably a new issue (a good one) we as a club now face as the Rovers support base has grown, especially for away games but it is one that needs addressing probably through the new in rovers we trust forum, maybe in time for our Championship Season next year. Anybody on here fancy taking it forward???

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on April 15, 2013, 12:55:01 pm by IDM »
Isn't this (one of the things) the Alliance can provide?

I live remotely too, but not as far as you.  I can't afford the travel associated with a ST, but I acknowledge if I want some form of priority for tickets, home and away, then it is my problem to deal with it.  If I wanted the priority badly enough, I'd pay the Alliance fee. 

Some clubs have also "away" clubs/plans where for a relatively small fee you can "buy" priority for away and/or cup games.  Do we do that?

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on April 15, 2013, 12:58:01 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
This is why we need to have a loyalty point system in place. I know we're not a big club and don't sell out every game and probably won't be applicable for 90% of the games, but it should be there for the 10% of games that we do.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 15, 2013, 01:05:32 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
DunscroftDave

Not quite how you worded it initially was it BVG but at the end of the day your choice.
However when that arrangement doesn't work out should you really come on here looking for a scapegoat and slating Tracey or Shaun Lockwood? 

What do you mean 'not quite how I worded it initially'?

Maybe you should have a read of this thread again.  At no point have I tried to make anyone a scapegoat!  If it appears that way i apologise.  But I dont believe it does.

I simply asked a question as to why the online ticketing system wasnt available this morning when we were told that it would be.  Tracey very kindly took the time to come on here and answer that question which I appreciate and thanked her for.

So I've not got a ticket, my tough titty, and my original rant is now over now I have been given an explination.  Dont know what more I can say about it really.  If something can be done differently in future as far as exiles are concerned then great, if it cant then it cant.  I'll still support the club and I happen to think all the staff do a fantastic job

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on April 15, 2013, 01:13:42 pm by silent majority »
Jersey Rover,

I don't mind, I can add it to my list.

Apart from Scunthorpe can anybody tell me when was the last time we had fans who missed out on tickets?

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on April 15, 2013, 01:18:21 pm by RobTheRover »
Scunthorpe away 2 years ago, I'd guess.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on April 15, 2013, 01:19:26 pm by silent majority »
Scunthorpe away 2 years ago, I'd guess.

Yes Rob, but apart from Scunthorpe?

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on April 15, 2013, 01:21:21 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
Wolves, Newcastle and Cheltenham away are the only games (I believe) we've sold out our allocation in the last 6 seasons.

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 15, 2013, 01:25:23 pm by Jersey Rover »
Thank you Silent Majority,
As a club we have taken giant strides on and off the pitch over the last decade. Nothing is ever perfect and if we have a chance to improve the match day experience for all then that is exactly what the "In Rovers We Trust " scheme was put in place for. Hopefully from the clubs prospective ticketing will become an issue by an over demand on sales in the future.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on April 15, 2013, 01:25:45 pm by RobTheRover »
Derby, opening day of our Championship stay.

I think the point is being proven that its the 1 in 100 event, here.  To create a load of largely unnecessary rules to deal with something with is a blip in the scheme of things seems a little like overkill.

Of course, I have the utmost sympathy for those who missed out on these Brentford tickets, but that is more to do with Brentford giving us such a small allocation to begin with.  Even Scunthorpe gave us a lot more than that.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on April 15, 2013, 01:33:20 pm by IDM »

I think the point is being proven that its the 1 in 100 event, here.  To create a load of largely unnecessary rules to deal with something with is a blip in the scheme of things seems a little like overkill.

I disagree, it is precisely these infrequent occurrences that warrant procedures to be in place.  It doesn't take much to set op a process, that can then be applied where necessary.  The procedures need not be numerous nor complex.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on April 15, 2013, 01:40:23 pm by RobTheRover »
But the process has to be consistently applied, IDM.  Thats the whole point of having it, so we cant pick and choose.

There are other options available which would have gotten exiles higher up the pecking order, such as Alliance membership and owning a multigame ticket.  I'd suggest these were measures enough.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on April 15, 2013, 01:44:42 pm by IDM »
But the process has to be consistently applied, IDM.  Thats the whole point of having it, so we cant pick and choose.

There are other options available which would have gotten exiles higher up the pecking order, such as Alliance membership and owning a multigame ticket.  I'd suggest these were measures enough.

I don't disagree with that at all Rob, I agree there are sufficient ways for exiles to get ticket priority, and the OP here accepts that too.

What we need to have is a clearly communicated protocol that says when ticket sales reach a certain quantity to go, online sales maybe/are suspended.  This can easily be stated on the online sales page, whenever required.  If we can update ticket sales numbers online, we can add a simple statement.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on April 15, 2013, 01:44:53 pm by Jenny »
Should distance lived from the club really give you any kind of priority over tickets??

Loyalty schemes are the way forward, purely based on games attended with some value placed on a ST.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 15, 2013, 01:45:22 pm by The L J Monk »
Even as a non season ticket holding exile, the only game I've ever failed to get a ticket for was Newcastle. I think the current approach works pretty well.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on April 15, 2013, 01:50:47 pm by IDM »
Should distance lived from the club really give you any kind of priority over tickets??

Loyalty schemes are the way forward, purely based on games attended with some value placed on a ST.

No - the distance itself isn't an issue.  As Rob says, the Alliance package etc allows for exiles to get priority irrespective of how far away they live.

The issue here isn't about priorities, more that it was stated that online general sales would be available today, but they weren't. 

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 15, 2013, 01:56:26 pm by Jersey Rover »
We dont have to re invent the wheel here. There are plenty of clubs that have a exile policy in place. A few phone calls from the club and see what system, rules and price they place on it would give a simple solution. Loyalty scheme dont work for exiles due to the expenditure for each game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012