Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:58:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Perfect Situation?  (Read 1099 times)

newcomer1

• Forum Member
Perfect Situation?
« on April 22, 2013, 11:32:54 am by newcomer1 »
All the Brentford fans seem to think that they are in the perfect situation for this game, however one of our greatest strengths is soaking up pressure and scoring on the counter. They seem to think that we shouldn't park the bus but it could just work out perfectly if we do.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Re: Perfect Situation?
« Reply #1 on April 22, 2013, 11:46:08 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Of the situations the 2 sides are in I feel we have the trickiest.  Brentford HAVE to win, theres only one option for them and that is to go for it.

We have options.  Do we sit back and counter, or do we surprise them and go for it too.

Tough situation for us.  I hope we're not negative or we could get punished.

A first half goal for us would really help

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 22, 2013, 11:56:32 am by Donnyrovers »
We are long overdue a first half goal as well so there wouldn't be a better time to grab one because if we score first il be very confident we will clinch promotion.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on April 22, 2013, 12:06:46 pm by BobG »
Personally, I think 6 first half goals for us would help.

I wish......!

BobG

Keith Myath

« Reply #4 on April 22, 2013, 12:10:16 pm by Keith Myath »
The only positive attitude is to win, gamble on a draw and lose would be hard for anyone to take. I'd be on them that we can win this league, Tranmere will want to end on a high after a dissapointing finish, Bournemouth know they are promoted so do they care and interest in winning will be diminished. Tell the players exactly that and give Brentford hell.

Would anyone really slag the team off for trying to win the game saturday from the outset and coming unstuck?

BRMC_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2013, 12:22:15 pm by BRMC_rover »
The only positive attitude is to win, gamble on a draw and lose would be hard for anyone to take. I'd be on them that we can win this league, Tranmere will want to end on a high after a dissapointing finish, Bournemouth know they are promoted so do they care and interest in winning will be diminished. Tell the players exactly that and give Brentford hell.

Would anyone really slag the team off for trying to win the game saturday from the outset and coming unstuck?

This is exactly how id prepare the team. Get out the blocks well as they will be looking for a quick start and playing at a high tempo right from the whistle. If we can match this and get a goal in the first half an hour, it'l make the job alot easier for us as they continue to try and play at 100% and eventually tire towards the end. We need Jones and McCombe to be at their best during the game. Id play with Paynter and Hume up top. If Paynter can nick one, Hume can spend the game helping the midfield close down the opposition for most of the remainder.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012