Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:58:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Championship questions  (Read 1176 times)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Championship questions
« on May 01, 2013, 01:56:39 pm by RobTheRover »
1) When we went up last time we didnt get a share of the TV money in the first year.  Was this because we had not been at that level for so long, or was this standard for L1 clubs being promoted?  And more to the point, will we get it this year now that the new (more lucrative) deal is in place?

2) Should Wolves get relegated, I think I'm correct in saying they forego their Premier League parachute payments, and they are returned to the PL pot.  Anyone know for sure?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Championship questions
« Reply #1 on May 01, 2013, 02:01:47 pm by Filo »
1) When we went up last time we didnt get a share of the TV money in the first year.  Was this because we had not been at that level for so long, or was this standard for L1 clubs being promoted?  And more to the point, will we get it this year now that the new (more lucrative) deal is in place?

2) Should Wolves get relegated, I think I'm correct in saying they forego their Premier League parachute payments, and they are returned to the PL pot.  Anyone know for sure?

On point 2, I think Wolves parachute payments a re distributed amongst the championship clubs, if they`re not they should be

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 01, 2013, 02:02:03 pm by IDM »
Why wouldn't we get the championship share? 

RobTheRover

• VSC Member

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 01, 2013, 02:10:07 pm by Filo »
Actually, it looks like Wolves will keep their parachute payments....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/wolverhampton-wanderers/10027928/Wolves-relegation-would-be-mitigated-by-16-million-parachute-payment-over-next-four-seasons.html

If thats true, it`s wrong on so many levels, premier league wages in league 1, how can the small club compete?

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 01, 2013, 02:15:43 pm by Mr1Croft »
The Premier League clubs will argue they need parachute payments in League One And Two!) because they will not be able to adapt to the finances (wages, League Revenue), especially if they cant offload certain players on high wages.

On principle I agree with the parachute payment scheme. However the levels of finance involved is far too high and promotes inequality.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012