Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 07:00:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bike Ride  (Read 1006 times)

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
Bike Ride
« on May 02, 2013, 10:19:19 pm by The L J Monk »
I might have missed it, but how did Wilts and Ponte get on with the ride?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: Bike Ride
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2013, 10:30:47 pm by wilts rover »
We had a fair wind behind us; 184.6 miles in 13hrs 5mins at 14.7 mph, set off from KM around 4.30pm and arrived at Griffin Park, just after 10.00am, which was around 2 hours earlier than I had told everyone. Although don't mention Milton Keynes.

Ricky and his brother were tweeting photos and stuff throughout the ride, though I haven't seen them.

We enjoyed it so much that we are threatening to do it again next year. You coming on the next one?

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 02, 2013, 10:38:12 pm by The L J Monk »
We had a fair wind behind us; 184.6 miles in 13hrs 5mins at 14.7 mph, set off from KM around 4.30pm and arrived at Griffin Park, just after 10.00am, which was around 2 hours earlier than I had told everyone. Although don't mention Milton Keynes.

Ricky and his brother were tweeting photos and stuff throughout the ride, though I haven't seen them.

We enjoyed it so much that we are threatening to do it again next year. You coming on the next one?

Good going Wilts!

I'd be delighted to cycle to Brentford (if they sneak up) next season.

I do live in East London though.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 02, 2013, 10:43:20 pm by wilts rover »
I quite fancy Yeovil myself - seeing as I live in Wiltshire! You reckon you could manage Charlton?

I should also give credit to Ricky's dad who did all the route planning for us, saved a heck of a lot of time faffing with maps.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 02, 2013, 10:46:49 pm by bobjimwilly »
That's a very good time - well done everyone involved!  :aok:

ponte_ricky

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 03, 2013, 06:32:31 am by ponte_ricky »
Hey fella thanks for the interest. It went really well thanks. Ive never been so exhausted in my life.

We had a few dramas on the way but overall it was a great experience and a huge achievement. Luckily the weather turned out nice and rovers win made the journey worth it.

If anyone wants to make a donation i think theres anout 11 days left www.justgiving.com/doncaster-brentford

Thanks again

TinyPortal © 2005-2012