Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 01:02:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dean Saunders  (Read 4940 times)

docothered

Dean Saunders
« on May 10, 2013, 08:28:27 am by docothered »
Apparently the blades think he is in line for the Mangers role worth a punt at the bookies ?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Dean Saunders
« Reply #1 on May 10, 2013, 08:36:27 am by Bentley Bullet »
Saunders style wouldn't be as much of a culture shock to them as it was to us. In fact it would be an improvement on their hoofball .

LongbridgeMGRover

« Reply #2 on May 10, 2013, 06:25:07 pm by LongbridgeMGRover »
Deano at Sheff Utd!!!!!
Why? They are already in League 1.
With his talent for taking clubs there he would surely be welcome at any league 2 club!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 10, 2013, 07:03:32 pm by RedJ »
Deano at Sheff Utd!!!!!
Why? They are already in League 1.
With his talent for taking clubs there he would surely be welcome at any league 2 club!

Someone seems to be forgetting that he was on course to lead us up... but don't let that get in the way of having a pop eh.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 10, 2013, 07:07:40 pm by graingrover »
Don't you feel that all these  snide comments of a manager who put our Champion winning squad together for the club are a bit out of place from people who are supposedly our own fans?

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 10, 2013, 07:16:08 pm by donnyallday »
And don't forget he was paid too, then jumped ship.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 10, 2013, 07:20:15 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
I miss his post match interviews.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 10, 2013, 07:23:28 pm by donnyallday »
Especially the ones where he never takes any blame.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 10, 2013, 07:26:28 pm by RedJ »

So you're telling me you'd turn down a better paid job at a bigger company in your job just out of sentiment or loyalty? alright then.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 10, 2013, 07:27:50 pm by graingrover »
'he jumped ship ' is exactly the pathetic snide comment style I am refering to . Do you get your kicks from appearing so superior that you can go in exactly the opposite direction to JR , Gavin and Rob Jones on the question of Saunders . We know he was paid we also know he went to Wolves . You add nothing ... but negativity.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 10, 2013, 07:30:28 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
This is serious!

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 10, 2013, 07:48:31 pm by graingrover »
 I can think of another guy who no one accused of jumping ship .... then climbing back on board. BB!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 10, 2013, 08:12:05 pm by Alickismyhero »
When it comes to Deano and the team he gets the credit for putting together, if you listen to GB today it sounds very much like BF had a great deal to do in the selection of the team at the beginning of the season.

Who gets the credit for the flops?

When I saw that awful performance at MK Dons I thought all was lost but when BF brought in Lundstum and Furman what a change for the Bournemouth game. Their selection was the key move for me and BF gets the credit for it.

Come to think of it, now that we have this special relationship with Wolves, we have yet to see a result of, does anyone know how much compensation we got for Deano?

I suspect Jenny will be on the ball when the year end accounts are published.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 10, 2013, 08:26:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
BF must get the credit for bringing in Furman and Lundstram. Saunders going to Wolves is not a problem in my eyes, he was head hunted, he went to a bigger club, he may have got more money, but he improved himself. Also it proved yet again when under pressure he cannot manage in the Championship.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 10, 2013, 08:35:45 pm by IDM »
I don't have an issue with folks saying DS jumped ship, because he did.  I also don't blame DS for going - he was succeeding with us but fair enough he was head hunted and went for the bigger club.

The comparison with that and most of us is that in football management the employment is much more risky?  Staying at Doncaster and (potentially) winning promotion at his first attempt was less of a risk than moving to Wolves who were struggling and had changed managers at the drop of a hat.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 10, 2013, 08:37:50 pm by Al4475 »
Just when we all began to feel like one again DS is mooted (once more) as our manager and the split begins, the snide comments and the verbal sparring!

What will be will be - WE are DONCASTER ROVERS, not the players, manager and staff! US the guys and girls who put a rather substantial percentage of our wages into this club!

Regardless of what happens can't we just sing kinda from the same sort of hymn sheet for longer than 6 months?

:crying:

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 10, 2013, 08:39:47 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
I believe that if you talked to Dean Saunders now he would say he made a mistake in leaving Rovers. I bear no malice towards him for that.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 10, 2013, 08:42:21 pm by IDM »
I don't think me saying DS took a big risk jumping ship when head hunted is being snide?  The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.  Maybe he is regretting this now?

I can understand folks having opinions either way on DS, as he was with us for over a year, as opposed to Dickov who has not joined yet.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 10, 2013, 08:48:12 pm by donnyallday »
'he jumped ship ' is exactly the pathetic snide comment style I am refering to . Do you get your kicks from appearing so superior that you can go in exactly the opposite direction to JR , Gavin and Rob Jones on the question of Saunders . We know he was paid we also know he went to Wolves . You add nothing ... but negativity.

So you're telling me you'd turn down a better paid job at a bigger company in your job just out of sentiment or loyalty? alright then.
No, I would jump ship too, just like you Red J.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 10, 2013, 08:51:42 pm by donnyallday »
I have my opinion just as much as you, just because we don't agree does not mean you are right...or does it.

MartinB

« Reply #20 on May 10, 2013, 11:18:20 pm by MartinB »
But if you jump ship should you expect to get back on board?

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 10, 2013, 11:32:34 pm by donnyallday »
I think im not explaining it enough.

You make youre bed now lie in it.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

The Saturday Boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 10, 2013, 11:44:33 pm by The Saturday Boy »
I still cant believe we got rid and got compensation, JR you genius (again!!!).

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 10, 2013, 11:53:47 pm by Viking Don »
I don't think me saying DS took a big risk jumping ship when head hunted is being snide?  The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.  Maybe he is regretting this now?

I can understand folks having opinions either way on DS, as he was with us for over a year, as opposed to Dickov who has not joined yet.

Dickov hasn't just got into the managerial role, he's already done it. That's why folk can have an opinion on him, and base it on what he's done so far, which is f**k all.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 10, 2013, 11:55:46 pm by RedJ »
I think im not explaining it enough.

You make youre bed now lie in it.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

People have and will continue to pray for the day O'Driscoll returns, even though it'll never happen. Shame we don't apply the same things universally, eh.

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 11, 2013, 12:20:12 am by donnyallday »
Who wants SOD back.

You didn't answer my question Red j

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 11, 2013, 12:27:28 am by RedJ »
Firstly, there's a few on here that still do, however unrealistic that may be.

Secondly, there wasn't a question in the post directed at me.

I'm not defending him per se - I just wish we'd apply the same thinking equally. If that's allowed.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 11, 2013, 12:33:39 am by Herman Hessian »
the potential return of saunders raises more significant issues than the facile argument that he left for a bigger job (which merits a pretty big "so f**king what" on any rational thought process as to his suitability or otherwise, anyway)

in the context of championship football which is the level at which we hope to operate successfully next season, at least one, maybe all, of the following significant errors of judgement have been proven:

he thought the squad he was taking over was good enough without intervention to avoid relegation: wrong

he thought his managerial ability was good enough to guide that same squad to safety: wrong

he thought he would be able to improve a squad that he knew was deficient to a level where it could stay up: wrong

a combination of one or more of the above would keep wolves up: wrong

i've heard nothing to indicate that he was promised resources that were not actually forthcoming so you have to assume that he knew exactly what he had to work with from day one, thought he could pull it off, and was ultimately not up to the task

and there are folk on here who want to entrust the immediate future of the club to someone with such an obvious lack of understanding not of some hypothetical alternative reality, but of the exact same environment in which we hope to survive next season - really ?

obviously, i'm working on the assumption that he didn't take the job in the certain knowledge that relegation and dismissal were nailed on and it was just a grab for some fast bucks, but you get the drift, don't you ?

Viking Don

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 11, 2013, 12:41:24 am by Viking Don »
Yep it was a grab for fast bucks.

When will these kids ever learn?

Lots of em don't have to learn anything at all really, apart from how to keep rolling them bucks  into their offshore accounts.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 11, 2013, 12:58:18 am by Sammy Chung was King »
I Just hope when everybody jumps ship,there's enough room in the Dingy :laugh:
,can you imagine this Warnock and Saunders stranded out to sea,Saunders is giving the directions which direction to row,then finds out they are going round in circles,when Warnock starts arguing with him saying ''You said to row that way'' Saunders ''no i didn't''
,so Warnock says ''The Next bit of uninhabited land we see i'm getting off''Saunders says ''Yeah but don't you want me to investigate it first?'' No says Warnock ''I've just seen the land i know my way'' How can you'' says Saunders,''It's my farm over there''says Warnock
''How do you know?'' says Saunders-''There's a Brand new Tractor over there un-used,the only one in Cornwall!! said Warnock

Saunders did a good job,he left it at a bad time,though for a bigger job,and we still got promoted,now it's upto John Ryan what happens next,whoever gets it,get behind the team even if you don't agree with the appointment,i will be :scarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012