Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 09:58:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: parking tickets  (Read 2066 times)

dodge123

• VSC Member
parking tickets
« on May 11, 2013, 12:10:21 pm by dodge123 »
hi, i remember a few months back folk on here talking about dodgy parking companies etc, just wondering if anyone had any dealings with excel parking?, the missus as just received a fine for 60 quid for parking at a BnMS , i recall folk saying that if its not from the council or police its basically an invoice and not worth tghe paper its writ on, any advice or knowledge on this much appreciated guys.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: parking tickets
« Reply #1 on May 11, 2013, 12:19:34 pm by Filo »

dodge123

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 11, 2013, 12:31:46 pm by dodge123 »
Big help was that filo, thankyou  :)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 11, 2013, 02:50:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I hope you noticed the comment excell were banned from accessing the dvla database earlier this year, suggests they may try to access the database illegally via the sister company check up that the bans in force if you do get anything from them

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on May 11, 2013, 03:01:52 pm by Filo »
I hope you noticed the comment excell were banned from accessing the dvla database earlier this year, suggests they may try to access the database illegally via the sister company check up that the bans in force if you do get anything from them

I don`t think they are banned anymore, but the fact that they were banned shows what a dodgy underhand company they are. Some of the letters I received in their letter chain arrived in envelopes with the return address as Vehicle Control Services, a minor detail I know, but given that excel and vehicle control services are owned by the same person shows that the two companies share resources and if in the unlikely event that they did do court that would form a part of any defence

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 13, 2013, 02:47:03 pm by BobG »
CP Plus: Round 3 arrived this morning. Legal action is, apparently, now pending, and, kindly, they've added 40 quid to the bill. Only 130 quid they're demanding now. Lol. I've got 14 days or else so they say.

Me? I'm staying shtum.

Cheers

BobG

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 13, 2013, 04:51:38 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Just think if they do take legal action against you'll only be the 3rd or 4th  in the country and the first few were by all accounts basically set up   :ohmy:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on May 13, 2013, 06:38:04 pm by Filo »
CP Plus: Round 3 arrived this morning. Legal action is, apparently, now pending, and, kindly, they've added 40 quid to the bill. Only 130 quid they're demanding now. Lol. I've got 14 days or else so they say.

Me? I'm staying shtum.

Cheers

BobG

I bet they said that on the previous two letters as well

You`ll soon be on the debt collectors letter

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on May 13, 2013, 06:43:46 pm by Filo »
Some more info for you

http://jamesm1968.hubpages.com/hub/Private-Parking-Company-PCN-info

Do I have to pay a PPC PCN?

Absolutely not. The only recourse for a PPC in Court would be a charge of trespass. The Court could only award damages equivalent to the financial loss caused by the damage to the property caused by you. They would also have to prove you had no right of access.

Given that, as a shopper, you would be using the store's car park, a Court would deem that you did have a right to enter and use the car park provided, thus rendering the charge of trespass un-enforceable.

PCN's issued for parking in Disabled/Parent & Toddler Bays are also unenforceable. This being due to the fact that in private car parks neither type of bay has any legal existence, and is provided purely as a courtesy. As an aside, there is a debate raging at the moment as to whether the requirement to display Blue Badges when parked in L/A owned car park Disabled Bays (which ARE legally protected) actually breaches the DDA itself, as it discriminates against those with temporary disabilities who do not qualify for Blue Badges.

It is worth noting that if a carpark is 'free for 2 hours', but there is no means to pay for further parking, then the maximum sum a PPC could be awarded in Court (should it go that far) is £0.00. However, if the carpark is a Pay and Display carpark, then the costs awarded would have to reflect the lost revenue from using the carpark without paying.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 14, 2013, 10:06:09 am by BobG »
Thanks chaps. weird isn't it? I have no intention of paying up, yet there is that frisson of worry that lurks at the back of your mind all the time. I can see why a lot of folk do end up paying. However, I'm from Yorkshire. I'm made of stern stuff me. Sod the bas**rds. Lol.

Fascinating to spot that they are, according to a line in the footer of their letter, "Operating in accordance with the British Parking Associations Code of Practice". Does this mean then that the whole industry is engaged in misrepresentation, fraud, possibly illegal surveillance and what amounts to regularly threatening third parties?

I shall await Round 4.

Cheers

BobG

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 14, 2013, 10:21:05 am by Filo »
Thanks chaps. weird isn't it? I have no intention of paying up, yet there is that frisson of worry that lurks at the back of your mind all the time. I can see why a lot of folk do end up paying. However, I'm from Yorkshire. I'm made of stern stuff me. Sod the bas**rds. Lol.

Fascinating to spot that they are, according to a line in the footer of their letter, "Operating in accordance with the British Parking Associations Code of Practice". Does this mean then that the whole industry is engaged in misrepresentation, fraud, possibly illegal surveillance and what amounts to regularly threatening third parties?

I shall await Round 4.

Cheers

BobG

The BPA is an organisation created by the parking companies to try and give themselves an air of credibility. Their whole business model is focused around fear, intimidation and the general ignorance of the public. Bob, my own mother who is 74 years old paid up to these crooks despite me telling her not to worry about them, every time she got a letter from them she was on the phone to me crying and worrying about some one coming to her house to seize goods, even though they have no legal right to do so, she has cancer, her "crime"? To park in in a disabled bay at Asda in Carcroft and forgetting to display her Blue Badge, even though the Blue badge has no legal standing on private land. I despise the Parking Companies with a passion!

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 14, 2013, 11:21:45 pm by BobG »
One would think, surely, that over time, the business of these crooks is going to wither on the vine. There's plenty of stuff on the net about what to do; there's plenty of folk reading threads all over the place; there's people like you and your ever so helpful mates on here teaching a lot of us about what's going on. And then there's word of mouth. I've learned a lot. Tens of thousands more must be learning every month surely?

If I had the money and the passion, I'd love to dig into the BPA's Code of Practice. From the outside at least, it does look as if they are misrepresenting the situation at the very least.

Be funny if somebody set up a website to beg 50p off every disgruntled motorist and used that dosh to either:

a) hire some very heavy heavies, or,
b) hired some clever legal brain to give them a hard time.

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on May 15, 2013, 05:38:03 pm by RobTheRover »
Where do I send my 50p, Bob?  Your place OK?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 17, 2013, 01:51:29 am by BobG »
Any time mate :)

Actually, it is quite an idea isn't it? If they're still annoying people when I finally retire, I might just set up a website seeking to do exactly that.

Cheers

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012