Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:55:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Owen Coyle....  (Read 1282 times)

weststander

• VSC Member
Owen Coyle....
« on May 13, 2013, 02:03:48 pm by weststander »
an insight into OC from a Bolton fan posted on WolvesMad
Bolton fan here.

I'm still grateful to OC in that he breathed life into the club at a time when many were losing interest. He turned a limp, demotivated team into one that battled towards playing a fast, exciting, effective game. Sadly, once the motivation effect died, it became clear he was a one trick pony. He spent money poorly, a ) on players who were worth far less and b ) on players he inexplicably never picked. He was well known for stability in terms of his team selections, which often meant the tried and tested failures of the squad got in ahead of the new faces desperate for opportunities. It was common for him to wait several defeats before amending a blatantly flawed line up.
It wasn't just evident from a supporter point of view that he was tactically clueless, the players were occasionally vocal about the lack of any real strategy in his thinking.

All things considered, I envisage Coyle (or Clueless as we like to call him) turning up at Molinuex and getting the best out of your club for an 18 month period. Is he the long-term answer to your problems? I don't believe him to be.

Regardless, he and WW would get my best wishes.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
Re: Owen Coyle....
« Reply #1 on May 13, 2013, 02:10:54 pm by Mike_F »
I remember reading somewhere that there was someone else at Bolton pulling strings on the transfer front and telling Coyle who had been signed with his budget regardless of whether he wanted them or not. Can't remember the details unfortunately but it tallies up with the above.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012