Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:13:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jordan Ball  (Read 13904 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Jordan Ball
« on June 05, 2013, 08:34:17 am by MrFrost »
Some interesting comments in the Free Press

http://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/doncaster-rovers-jordan-ball-shocked-by-rovers-exit-1-5734928

Doesn't say a lot for how we treat younger players coming through the ranks.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

godlike1

• Forum Member
Re: Jordan Ball
« Reply #1 on June 05, 2013, 08:45:12 am by godlike1 »
While willie (fcukwhit) McKay has his sons in our youth system and mainly funds it, there is no way someone like Jordan is going to be given the chance he deserves

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 05, 2013, 08:46:42 am by Wild Rover »
Plainly the management at DRFC ( youth through to Senior level ), didn't think he was good enough. It happens throughout football, in much the same way. Doesn't mean DRFC treat young un's any worse than rest of football.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 05, 2013, 08:52:53 am by GazLaz »
He's been judged not good enough and that's that. He was always getting stick from other players on twitter for being shit in training.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 05, 2013, 08:55:43 am by MrFrost »
He's been judged not good enough and that's that. He was always getting stick from other players on twitter for being shit in training.

Maybe so, but he says he had no explanation as to his release, which isn't great communication from the club. Does nothing to aid his future career.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 05, 2013, 09:05:35 am by Filo »
While willie (fcukwhit) McKay has his sons in our youth system and mainly funds it, there is no way someone like Jordan is going to be given the chance he deserves

Are you sure he mainly funds it?

Jordan was a first year pro, not the Youth system, he came through that and earned a contract, sadly it was deemed by people with better knowledge than us that he was n`t good enough to make the step up, that`s life!

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 05, 2013, 09:18:57 am by craigdrfc »
Pretty poor story from Paul Goodwin if you ask me. It's a story that could be told at every club in football at this time of year. Youngster gutted by club release shocker!!! A journalist scratching around to fill a column if you ask me. It was actually Paul who contacted Jordan to get/make the story.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 05, 2013, 09:21:33 am by Sheepskin Stu »
If it gets the lad a bit of exposure and a contract elsewhere then no harm done.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 05, 2013, 09:27:33 am by Donnyrovers »

As much as I don't like McKay that is a bit of a stupid comment because that would have no affect on the release of a Ball since they will only be first year YT's. Maybe they rate the two strikers they signed up from the youth team more than they do Ball and don't think he will be able to offer competition in the first team in the future.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 05, 2013, 09:41:34 am by dickos1 »

Why's that then??
What a pathetic post

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 05, 2013, 09:44:34 am by Wild Rover »

Jordan wasn't in youth team, he was a contracted professional. So  what you suggest is ludicrous.

mutleyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 05, 2013, 09:53:58 am by mutleyrover »
Not really a balanced article so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yes the lad feels harshly treated but as stated above, there will be hundreds more around the country at other clubs who have similar feelings. 

I was actually surprised when he appeared on the released list as he seemed close to breaking through at times last season.  I can only assume his place in the squad will be filled by somebody who the management see to have more potential to make an impact at Championship level.

Good luck to Jordan in the future.  As with all the young players we bring through but release, be nice to see him do well wherever he goes.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 05, 2013, 10:45:49 am by colincramb »
Professional sport is a cut-throat business. He hasn't been deemed good enough and that's it really. We can't afford to carry passengers I'm afraid.

Sounds harsh but it's a reality and a risk you take with a career in sport.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on June 05, 2013, 11:19:59 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Ridiculous.  Those lads have put in bloody good performances at youth level to earn a shot at the next youth level, who their parents are is irrelvant that's clear.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 05, 2013, 11:57:51 am by DonnyOsmond »
Why the hell is McKay even brought up in this thread? Completely irrelevant.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 05, 2013, 12:15:07 pm by timdrfc »
What a enbittered statement you make with absolutely no truth in it just a bitter fan with an axe to grind.

scuzzer

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 05, 2013, 12:18:03 pm by scuzzer »
I know a lot of Jordan's mates and live quite close to him, as soon as Flynn gained a higher profile at the club things changed for him. If there's been anyone at the club where there's either been a personality clash - or they just didn't rate him it's been Flynn's call.

One of JB's best mates told me long before the end of the season that Jordan was certain that if Flynn was still at the club he wouldn't be next season.

That's end of story for me, it's one blokes judgement and he's paid to make them decisions, hopefully JB will go on to forge a decent career, maybe his home town club newly promoted to the league might fancy giving him a crack at proving us wrong?

Wade Falana

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 05, 2013, 12:41:22 pm by Wade Falana »
Although I wasn't surprised to see him released is it usual practice for the secretary to ring you up and tell you that your not needed? Just seemed a bit harsh to me.

Bit like someone said I'm not really sure what Paul Goodwin is trying to achieve with this?

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 05, 2013, 12:47:55 pm by uros-predic »
The reason why he was released is obvious, he wasn't good enough. Flynn has worked with 1000's of youngsters and knows what it takes.

it seems he hasn't been given advice on how to improve/been given an honest reason as to why he was released. That is VERY poor from the club.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 05, 2013, 12:52:50 pm by silent majority »
Why does everybody assume because Paul Goodwin writes something then it's obviously correct? His job is to sell newspapers. How much research did he do into this piece before writing? Did he get confirmation from anybody else that JB was telling it as it was or was it embellished at all?

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 05, 2013, 01:14:49 pm by eastender »
Why does everybody assume because Paul Goodwin writes something then it's obviously correct? His job is to sell newspapers. How much research did he do into this piece before writing? Did he get confirmation from anybody else that JB was telling it as it was or was it embellished at all?

Sounds like sour grapes to me.

The last line of the article..... Rovers declined to comment.

So it sounds like he ask ,but got the cold shoulder.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 05, 2013, 01:27:53 pm by Wild Rover »
Depends on WHAT DRFC were asked to comment on. The piece.....Well they hardly likely to comment on that.
The lads frustration....why comment on a personal aspect.
The fact that he was released......Nothing much to say, decision made, end of story.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 05, 2013, 01:31:13 pm by newyankee »
 Think about it, Goodwin is paid by the Free Press to fill pages. He is NOT paid by the Rovers not to get stories.  A young naive 19 year old who has just been told he is not wanted is an ideal candidate.

If there was more coming out of the Keepmoat then these stories would take a back seat. Journalists are basically  idle creatures, feed them stuff they can print without working for it and they will. When there is nothing they either make it up or go looking for it.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 05, 2013, 01:37:42 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
I can feel a "CLUB STATEMENT" coming on...

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 05, 2013, 01:52:04 pm by boro_rover »
Plenty of youth players are released up and down the country every year. It's a bit of a non story really in my opinion. As stated above Flynn has worked with plenty of youngsters and knows what it takes to make the grade. He had a full season training with the first team and obviously was unable to make an impression with the coaching and managerial staff. Obviously it will feel a bit tough on Ball, but that's the nature of football and most young kids won't make it.
As for the McKay lads, apparently they are promising young players, so fully deserve their chance, they have obviously been taken on because they could offer something in the future. The same goes for them though, if try don't cut the mustard they will be released further down the line

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 05, 2013, 01:53:31 pm by IDM »
This is a non-story. 

Unless the club makes a statement we will never know how much truth there is in JB's allegations.  Sure, he may possibly have been treated harshly, but then again he shouldn't be bleating about it in the press.

He's a pro, man up and move on.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 05, 2013, 02:12:46 pm by RedJ »

Ridiculous statement in every sense.

McKay mainly funds the youth team? prove it.

Lads like Ball won't get a chance? well, he was in the first team squad and it was Flynn that chose not to play him, no one else.

And anyway as much as I'm not overly keen on him, you can hardly call someone who's made millions a f**kwit as there has to be some intelligence to get that kind of money without inheriting it.

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 05, 2013, 02:36:34 pm by godlike1 »

Jordan was a first year pro, not the Youth system, he came through that and earned a contract, sadly it was deemed by people with better knowledge than us that he was n`t good enough to make the step up, that`s life!

I have it very good authority that he puts a good half or more every year into £100,000 grand or so that the club needs to fund it from fans donations. I have no problem with that and he obviously sees the club as the one to help his kids develop which is great. How he behaves though is different to how any other parent is allowed to behave and be acts like the big I am with it. Lets just say that witoit his cash only 1 of his sons instead of bob would be signed on. P.s. if you look on the club website when they have the kids being signed on, who is the one showing no respect to the other team members by getting in on their photos????????

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 05, 2013, 02:43:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
All the kids in the photos were with their parents. Why have you turned a thread about Jordan Ball into one where you're complimenting and moaning about McKay at the same time?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 05, 2013, 02:52:18 pm by Wild Rover »

I have it very good authority that he puts a good half or more every year into £100,000 grand or so that the club needs to fund it from fans donations. I have no problem with that and he obviously sees the club as the one to help his kids develop which is great. How he behaves though is different to how any other parent is allowed to behave and be acts like the big I am with it. Lets just say that witoit his cash only 1 of his sons instead of bob would be signed on. P.s. if you look on the club website when they have the kids being signed on, who is the one showing no respect to the other team members by getting in on their photos????????
What are you taking......The 2 photos he is on are his Offspring. Likewise on the other photos its Mam and Dad, or just Mam. The trouble is you are "Blinkered" in your hatred of WMc.
Oh and 100,000 grand is 100million, and why so many ?.
And what does this mean " 1 of his sons instead of bob would be signed on" who the hell is Bob.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 03:11:42 pm by Wild Rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012