Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:55:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Quinn not coming back  (Read 4033 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Paul Quinn not coming back
« on June 28, 2013, 03:12:43 pm by Chris Black come back »
Liam Hoden from Free Press reckons. Shame as I thought he got better and better.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Quinn not coming back
« Reply #1 on June 28, 2013, 03:16:05 pm by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Bad news.  Wonder where hes off to then.  He was brilliant for us last season

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 28, 2013, 03:20:25 pm by AbsolutDRFC »
DFP - fountain of all correct news?

Agree with you both; it would be a shame if PQ did go to pastures new as he seemed a decent character both on and off the pitch.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 28, 2013, 03:21:34 pm by karldew »
Sure I've seen somewhere he's on trial with burnley?

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 28, 2013, 03:34:34 pm by Wild Rover »
Wasn't PQ one of the signings that came for "Trial" was offered a contract, went elsewhere on trial , eventually to sign a "Slightly Improved" contract with DRFC. Maybe he is doing same this time round, testing the waters elsewhere, only to re surface in a month. Not that bothered either way, sure PD has any eventuality covered.

roversam

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 28, 2013, 03:39:20 pm by roversam »
Decent player but if he's not happy here good riddance.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 28, 2013, 03:45:07 pm by Filo »
Wasn't PQ one of the signings that came for "Trial" was offered a contract, went elsewhere on trial , eventually to sign a "Slightly Improved" contract with DRFC. Maybe he is doing same this time round, testing the waters elsewhere, only to re surface in a month. Not that bothered either way, sure PD has any eventuality covered.

I don`t think the contract was an improved one, he declined our offer and thought he`d be able to get better elsewhere, when those better offers did n`t materialise i.e. championship clubs, he took us up on our original offer.

Good professional and did his job, but if he does n`t want to be here then we have to move on and find some one better

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 28, 2013, 04:11:22 pm by GazLaz »
He was on f**k all at Donny I know that. Don't know if he was offered improved terms or what but he must have something lined up.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on June 28, 2013, 04:13:25 pm by Lesonthewest »
Thought he was awful first part of the season, but improved no end as the season progressed, an important part of an excellent back four. If he has gone then best of luck to him, always gave his all for us, though I doubt he would cut it in the Championship now.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 28, 2013, 04:39:45 pm by Filo »
My guess is he`ll end up in Scotland

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on June 28, 2013, 04:43:01 pm by Wild Rover »
Well , if that's the case, only very few teams will be able to better DRFC salary. Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen, Hibs, so I guess its Rangers for PQ

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 28, 2013, 04:45:33 pm by KieronDRFC »
There's better right backs around, offered little going forward but he did improve as the season went on.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 28, 2013, 04:48:37 pm by Filo »
Don`t forget his defence splitting pin point pass that ensured we won the title, a marvellous pass considering the pressure  :lol:

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 28, 2013, 06:02:58 pm by German Rover »
Don't think he'll end up at rangers, too big a Celtic fan

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 28, 2013, 06:10:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Shame that as I also though the was the most improved player and thought he could do a job in Championship and be flexible enough to play centre half.

C'est la vie!

Spike

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 28, 2013, 10:11:37 pm by Spike »
Quinny has just Tweeted this.

Paul Quinn ‏@quinny_14 11m
“@liamhodenDFP: Paul Quinn will NOT be returning to Doncaster Rovers. For more on this, see tomorrow's Star #drfc” 1rst I have heard !!!

Sounds as if he doesn't know that he's not returning!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 28, 2013, 10:29:01 pm by dknward2 »
Maybe quinn needs to talk with his agent quick

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on June 29, 2013, 12:08:07 am by bobjimwilly »
Maybe Liam Holden is trying to sell papers?  :rolleyes:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 29, 2013, 12:41:25 am by Filo »
Quinn should not be out of contract until Monday, whats probably happened is that all contracted players were to report back last Monday, that would include Quinn who will still be getting paid until Monday coming, he has n`t reported back and he or his agent have n`t been in contact, so Dickov has probably withdrawn the contract offer and reterned the favour by not getting in touch with him

That`s my theory anyway

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 29, 2013, 10:09:26 am by DonnyOsmond »
Yeah, that sounds like what's happened from what Liam Holden is saying. If he didn't show then he can't be that bothered about staying here.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 29, 2013, 10:13:41 am by Filo »
Don`t you just love creative journalism

Dickov did NOT say that Quinn would not be returning, that`s just Liam Hodens interpretation of the statement below

He said: “Like all the lads we offered new deals to, Paul was invited to training. But we’ve heard nothing from him since so we’ll leave it there.”

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 29, 2013, 10:34:29 am by Chris Black come back »
I think that Liam and Paul do a good job covering Rovers at DFP. The issue here is that the club wants to do business behind closed doors (probably a good thing) but fans are chomping at the bit desperate to know what is going on, who is re-signing etc (probably a bad thing). How many idiotic posts have we seen on here in the last week relegating the club already because we haven't made a load of signings?

Sure the DFP wants to sell papers but they are just responding to the thousands of questions they probably get each week from Rovers fans asking for news on signings. They then try and square the circle and sometimes messages get a little confused (a la Quinn).

The non-financial elements of footballing success can make all the difference when errr you have no cash as we do. If we are ALL pulling in the same direction (e.g. our team last season) this can make up for a lot of cash being thrown around. This includes players, supporters and yes the local rag all united. We don't want a hate campaign being waged against individual journalists. Let's just leave it where it is.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 29, 2013, 10:50:19 am by RobTheRover »
Don`t you just love creative journalism

Dickov did NOT say that Quinn would not be returning, that`s just Liam Hodens interpretation of the statement below

He said: “Like all the lads we offered new deals to, Paul was invited to training. But we’ve heard nothing from him since so we’ll leave it there.”

I think you are right there Filo.  I think the "we'll leave it there" was interpreted and reported as we wont be pursuing Paul this season.  I read it as Dickov didnt want to talk about that topic any more. 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012