Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 10:42:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: HARPER  (Read 5560 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
HARPER
« on July 06, 2013, 05:43:50 pm by Red Rover »
Liam Hoden tweeted the second half team, and there was a Harper in the middle...please don't be James Harper!  :suicide:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jonnydog

• VSC Member
Re: HARPER
« Reply #1 on July 06, 2013, 05:44:37 pm by jonnydog »
He played t'other day

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 06, 2013, 05:56:36 pm by Red Rover »
Oh dear. Not much we can do about it tho I suppose, let him see out his contract and get rid

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on July 06, 2013, 06:04:00 pm by selby »
It was his fault we scored three second half goals to win 4-2 must have played well again because he was part of the first half team on Tuesday night that performed well.But dont dispare just have a go at the lad even though you were not there it will make all the difference to him pillock

sf9944

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 06, 2013, 06:12:34 pm by sf9944 »
Agreed. This is a joke.  I'd love to see him prove a few people wrong. 

And don't assume he won't.  Whatever anybody says he has good pedigree and the Championship will be different and might suit him better.

Whatever happens though he is a Rover and deserves our support!

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 06, 2013, 06:14:32 pm by scaley back rover »
am sure he will be out to prove a point or two

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 06, 2013, 06:17:54 pm by ravenrover »
The one thing you can guarantee is there will be more than one or two points when he plays   :facepalm:

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 06, 2013, 06:43:35 pm by donny dave »
Why do people see the need to pick on one player all the time.
Scunny used to do the same with Jonesy.

newyankee

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on July 06, 2013, 07:04:53 pm by newyankee »

Someone on another forum always has a go at Copps or number 26 as he calls him, Copps could score all seven goals in a 7-2 win and this fella would complain he missed one.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 06, 2013, 08:36:56 pm by Mr1Croft »
He gave us the balance and strength needed in midfield in the second half and played rather well. Won a few headers, tackled well and played some simple but effective passes.

He was also captain in the second half as well, make of that what you will...

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 06, 2013, 08:52:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Surprised Furman wasn't captain in the 2nd half.

Bessierover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 06, 2013, 09:18:18 pm by Bessierover »
Thought harper did ok today....kept it simple but was always showing for his team mates

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 06, 2013, 09:23:04 pm by Al4475 »
Thought Paynter, Harper and Brown all look to have shifted some pounds over the summer - very slimline! All good!

dodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 06, 2013, 09:37:18 pm by dodge »
We know what he can do or has done and yes he has been poor last season, Greeny was poor the season before we last got premoted to the championship but then played a stormer to help get us premoted and got snaped up by Derby. I know its not the same with Harper with his age and such but there is no reason why he could not offer allot as a squad player this season under a new manager and shock a few people so its a new season and a clean slate for me.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 07, 2013, 05:03:00 am by PDX_Rover »
There's some bell ends on here. New season - clean slate.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 07, 2013, 06:27:52 am by andyst79 »
Seen enough of Harper last season to realise he's complete garbage & it's not about singling 1 player out its just a fact. He's not got the legs for L1 never mind the Championship.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 07, 2013, 08:38:52 am by Donnyrovers »
The difference with Harper is before he even put a shirt on Hull and Sheffield United fans said the same thing he starts off okay then you soon realise he isn't good enough anymore because he simply doesn't have the legs, and thats happened here as well so still a no from me.

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 07, 2013, 10:42:06 am by uros-predic »
Seen enough of Harper last season to realise he's complete garbage & it's not about singling 1 player out its just a fact. He's not got the legs for L1 never mind the Championship.

Ditto, players are either good enough or not good enough/past it. Everyone will soon pull their heads out thier arses and realise. I went to frickley and harper looked decent, for the first time since being here!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 07, 2013, 12:43:19 pm by RoversAlias »

Someone on another forum always has a go at Copps or number 26 as he calls him, Copps could score all seven goals in a 7-2 win and this fella would complain he missed one.

He used to sit near me in the South West corner, nice enough guy but slated Coppinger mercilessly at every game referring to him only as '26'. Thankfully he moved for last season.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on July 07, 2013, 03:08:26 pm by Al4475 »
Harper has proven class!

Whether he can still replicate that for us at this stage in his career and in this division will be a big question this season!

I know something (and I mean this with utmost respect) if it came down to a fit, on form and firing Harper V a fit, on form and firing Keegan for the holding midfielder/break up oppos play role - I'd have to go with Harper!

He has that little extra proven class! Hopefully he has a great season! As do the rest of the players and we hold our own!

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on July 07, 2013, 03:15:46 pm by Donnyrovers »
Harper has proven class!

Whether he can still replicate that for us at this stage in his career and in this division will be a big question this season!

I know something (and I mean this with utmost respect) if it came down to a fit, on form and firing Harper V a fit, on form and firing Keegan for the holding midfielder/break up oppos play role - I'd have to go with Harper!

He has that little extra proven class! Hopefully he has a great season! As do the rest of the players and we hold our own!

Harper is not good enough and shouldn't have his contract renewed when it expires he's looked piss poor in league one, he will look embarrassing in the Championship.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 07, 2013, 06:09:31 pm by andyst79 »
Al4475 ur avin a Giraffe !

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on July 07, 2013, 07:27:35 pm by Red Rover »
Hell of a lot of fickle people on here. So last season when he was shite and when he walked out on the team after not being named in the squad...new season, new mentality...same arsehole, past it. I imagine pretty much everyone who defended him executed him last season.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on July 07, 2013, 07:51:07 pm by selby »
Just where were you when you saw Harper was playing second half.
  So you do not rate the fella like a lot more supporters but to critisize him when you were not at the game smacks of being an even bigger pillock than I first thought.
  Then to come on here and try to find comfort in last years posts makes me sure you are either a young schoolboy or a glory hunter please go down the snake to the likes of Sheffield United young man

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 07, 2013, 07:54:50 pm by Drover »
IMO Harper is one of those players who can do it when he wants it bad enough,problem is 80% of the time he just seems to want to go through the motions and get the game over and done with.In other words idle most of the time.Maybe he will be different under Dickov,I've not read/heard it myself but has'nt Dickov recently talked of expecting the players to work harder,fitter and better or something like that?Hopefully Dickov will give him a chance but drop him if he's not upto the task.

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 07, 2013, 10:36:57 pm by Leebtyler »
personally i cant wait to see Harper come back this season, he really was the boo boys choice last season, just like Oster used to be, some of you need to have a word with yourself if you think a single midfielder is responsible for losing games, i suppose the forwards just waltzed past Harper into goal didn't they? err no... they didn't, they went through 4 defenders and a goal keeper as well.

1 player does not cause the problems we had under Saunders hoof ball 4-5-1 formation.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on July 07, 2013, 10:42:30 pm by RobTheRover »
I've not read/heard it myself but has'nt Dickov recently talked of expecting the players to work harder,fitter and better or something like that?

Thats right Drover.  And after the first week of pre-season, Marc De Val put on his facebook page that he has never worked so hard in pre-season, and couldn't feel his legs.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on July 07, 2013, 11:21:45 pm by dknward2 »
I've not read/heard it myself but has'nt Dickov recently talked of expecting the players to work harder,fitter and better or something like that?

Thats right Drover.  And after the first week of pre-season, Marc De Val put on his facebook page that he has never worked so hard in pre-season, and couldn't feel his legs.

Welcome to Paul Dickov fitness management

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on July 08, 2013, 02:04:37 am by Sammy Chung was King »
[/quote]

That's cos Harper's Nicked them!! :laugh: when you think about it we had a right 'On the Buses' connection last season,Blake,Butler and Harper :laugh:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on July 08, 2013, 06:03:37 am by idler »
Rickover wouldn't be much of a manager if he didn't run the rule over all players contracted to the club.
He might as well use Harper in the busy pre season schedule as well when he only wants people to play half games.
I wasn't a fan of Harper last year but we are paying him so might as well use him.
How many if any league games he plays is up to the manager.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012