Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 10:42:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stoke City  (Read 4026 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Stoke City
« on July 19, 2013, 12:23:47 pm by Dare to dream! »
http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/club-announce-free-away-travel-930449.aspx

Offering free coach travel to any away game due them gaining extra tv revenue. Great gesture by the club. Maybe we could do this but for season ticket holders? Could add a few to home and away games

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Re: Stoke City
« Reply #1 on July 19, 2013, 12:27:48 pm by Jenny »
Premiership clubs can afford to do such things due to vast amounts of TV money.

Unless adding a 'few' would cover the cost then something along the same lines would be entirely unfeasible.... I would much rather money be spent on the playing squad than giving fans free travel.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on July 19, 2013, 12:27:58 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
We could, but you're probably talking about cutting a player from the squad at least the amount it would cost for us.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 19, 2013, 12:30:47 pm by MrFrost »
Think it should be done for games like Middlesborough which is now on the Friday evening which will dramatically reduce the number of travelling fans. Laying on a few coaches for one game is hardly going to eat into the transfer budget.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:39:20 pm by MrFrost »

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 19, 2013, 12:39:57 pm by The L J Monk »
http://www.stokecityfc.com/news/article/club-announce-free-away-travel-930449.aspx
Maybe we could do this but for season ticket holders?

So, alongside receiving a discount on the cost of their match day tickets, they should also be shipped around the country at the expense of the club?

Perhaps we could lay on a buffet for them as well, should they be a bit peckish during games?

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 19, 2013, 12:45:27 pm by Dare to dream! »

So, alongside receiving a discount on the cost of their match day tickets, they should also be shipped around the country at the expense of the club?

Perhaps we could lay on a buffet for them as well, should they be a bit peckish during games?

So you've got a problem with season ticket holders? They pay for the season ticket and get the rewards

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 19, 2013, 12:49:28 pm by The L J Monk »

So you've got a problem with season ticket holders? They pay for the season ticket and get the rewards

How many of these "rewards" would you bestow on these individuals benefiting from discounted prices?

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 19, 2013, 12:50:26 pm by coventryrover »
I dont think the club should be obliged to offer it at all.

It is your choice whether you follow  Rovers away or not so you should pay the expense.  Believe it or not following Rovers is a leisure pursuit.

Should I have asked the Rolling Stones to pay for my travel and hotel costs because the had the gll of not having a gig in the north?  No I wanted to go therefore I had to ensure I could afford it.

It would be a grand gesture by Rovers if they did it, but you have to bare in mind we don't get the crowd or have the premiership income that Stoke have.

Give me wages for a player or the cost of signing a player any day

OxonViking

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 19, 2013, 01:15:46 pm by OxonViking »

A buffet,on a coach? That's got scotch egg carnage written all over it. Surely a slap up steak dinner at a bistro of their choice would be more reasonable. With a glass of rouge to wash it down of course.!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 19, 2013, 02:15:54 pm by RobTheRover »
Scotch egg carnage. Lol

I read that in the voice of Alan Partridge.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 19, 2013, 02:55:19 pm by IDM »

I read that in the voice of Alan Partridge.

Smell my cheese.....

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 19, 2013, 03:40:37 pm by GloucesterRover31 »

How many of these "rewards" would you bestow on these individuals benefiting from discounted prices?

At the end of the day, the club knows the season ticket holder has paid for one chair for the year. They don't care if they don't turn up to the games as it doesn't effect how much money they receive at the end of the season. The club don't need to introduce anything for season ticket holders once they are holders because they get the funds from these people weather they
1) loose every game,
2) mid season introduce a £100 fee for parking within a mile of the stadium on match day or
3) make the team play in a leeds style kit.
Thats why the only promotion is to make season tickets cheaper the earlier you pay and get discount from the club shop, it's the only revenue spinner for the club from this type of fan

Dr Fundlekrotch

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 19, 2013, 04:17:23 pm by Dr Fundlekrotch »
I do think that's a very short-sighted view.  If the club took that approach, there would be no ST holders next season.

In any event, the 'Ultimate Season Ticket' package has lots of benefits - free additional tickets, chances to get on the pitch, chances to win £10,000, etc

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 19, 2013, 05:36:18 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
Don't get me wrong there are correctly a lot of advantages to been a season ticket holder already, which couldn't be proved better than the brentdord game last year, season ticket holders were given the change first and rightly so!! But to surgest that the club could look at paying for season ticket holders coach fair is surely a short sighted comment?

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 19, 2013, 05:40:05 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
Ps the reason this post was a bit infuriating sucking me in is its £50 in fuel for some of us to watch a home game, and we don't ask the club to pay our fuel money or coach fair!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 19, 2013, 06:13:34 pm by wilts rover »
Ps the reason this post was a bit infuriating sucking me in is its £50 in fuel for some of us to watch a home game, and we don't ask the club to pay our fuel money or coach fair!

No but they offerd it then I would be more than happy to relieve them of it, plus all the scotch eggs we can eat.
In fact thinking about I reckon for anyone over 150 miles away, John Ryan should send out his personal helicopter to pick us up.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on July 19, 2013, 07:06:34 pm by silent majority »
There's a bit of background to this story. When the FSF started its 'Twenty's Plenty' campaign it was geared towards a maximum of £20 for all away fans throughout the football league, based on the extra revenue that PL clubs were/are picking up from the new tv deal that starts this season. In that the PL teams get an extra £3.2b on top of what they already receive for the next 3 years. That equates to about £56 for every ticket sold at every PL game.

The response to that suggestion was varied, but Stoke came up with free travel to away games so long as fans travelled by official club transport. The FSF rejected that for all kinds of reasons, and when it was tabled at the last PL meeting it was rejected there as well. It looks like Stoke are trying to set a trend for other clubs.

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 19, 2013, 07:34:27 pm by GloucesterRover31 »
On the face of it it looks a fantastic business move too! A club makes no money from away games, so instead stoke save there fans the £15-£20 coach fee or fuel cost and hope the fans then buy a home ticket the next week! Inspired!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012