Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 09:35:45 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers or Doncaster Council?  (Read 4169 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Doncaster Rovers or Doncaster Council?
« Reply #30 on July 23, 2013, 07:10:16 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Has no-one spotted the flaw in the cash flow conspiracy theory?

Brains in gear,  folks.

The club shop is not operated by the club. It's operated by Just Sports.  The same Just Sports who have given the club 36 hours notice that,  even though they had agreed that the shirts would be here and on sale at the open evening,  the shirts won't be here.

So,  what this actually means is that the shirts cost the club NOTHING,  and the person paying for them is you guys when you pay Just Sports and they put it in a carrier bag. The club gets their cut from the profit Just Sports makes.

Boom,  splash. (that's another load of rubbish blown out of the water)

Now who's blinkered, eh?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on July 23, 2013, 07:12:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
If that's the case, fine. Would have been easy to relay that to everyone wanting to buy them

I would hope that they're trying to find a solution first. It may not happen, we probably wouldn't know what efforts were made. Much easier just to fantasise that it supports our 'theory' that the club's skint.

Orlandokarla

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on July 23, 2013, 07:28:52 pm by Orlandokarla »
Instead of just saying b*llocks Wiggy, give me another theory or opinion.
I could have said it was b*llocks when originally posted, but I think there is some mileage in this.
The other one I didn't add was no new replica shirts and no new date for delivery. Why? Maybe we didn't pay for them?

I know you're a cynical (some might say miserable) bugger at the best of times, but this sets a new standard. :lol:

Are you seriously suggesting that not enough money could be found between our 3 generous benefactors to pay for the shirts? They could probably find that sort of money under their sofa cushions. They're not going to miss out on selling the new kit at the open day if it can be avoided.
Manufacturing businesses (in particular) fail to meet customer deadlines all the time. That's life.

Cheer up mate, and give the conspiracy theories a rest. Unless, that is, you're looking to join the tin-foil hat brigade?  ;)

South Coast Rover

« Reply #33 on July 23, 2013, 07:57:46 pm by South Coast Rover »
Let's never bash our club without good reason. Some of the theories are just laughable. That said, an inescapable truth of this whole affair is that there is a distinct lack of organisation from almost all involved.

Every season our kits are amongst the last to be available for purchase, and it really doesn't make any sense to me. Blame lies with both the club and the kit manufacturer for this.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on July 23, 2013, 07:59:14 pm by Draytonian III »
How about getting off the clubs back for once? Lots of short memories since April. Back to old ways are we now?
  Well said that man,some people just like to moan at any thing and everything

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on July 23, 2013, 08:07:23 pm by colincramb »
Well I never. I really have lost the will to live after today. I hate to think what the reaction is going to be on here if we don't win our first two games.

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on July 23, 2013, 08:17:00 pm by Lipsy »
Yup, I thought this place has moved on since those dark days. How wrong I was...

South Coast Rover

« Reply #37 on July 24, 2013, 08:43:31 am by South Coast Rover »
Well I never. I really have lost the will to live after today. I hate to think what the reaction is going to be on here if we don't win our first two games.

Careful Colin yor're just continuing the negativity!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012