Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 10:43:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers or Doncaster Council?  (Read 4167 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Doncaster Rovers or Doncaster Council?
« on July 23, 2013, 01:30:29 pm by Red Rover »
It appears Rovers are pushing DMBC closely when it comes to ineptness!

The new kits was suppost to be unveiled at tomorrow's open event, which lets have it right, 10 days before the start of the season is PLENTY late enough. However, now with an apologetic message on the official site with the laughable line..."We will announce a new launch date shortly" they haven't got a clue when it will be getting delivered. Don't we speak to the suppliers?! How do we possibly only find out 1 day before?!  :clapping: Sort it out for god sake!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Doncaster Rovers or Doncaster Council?
« Reply #1 on July 23, 2013, 01:38:48 pm by Red Rover »
Add to that, no Premiership friendly...biggest friendly Motherwell

Add to that, no players, M'Voto just signed for Barnsley

Jim Dobbin

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 23, 2013, 02:13:45 pm by Jim Dobbin »
A lot of clubs haven't released both kits yet.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 23, 2013, 02:19:00 pm by Wellred »
A lot of clubs haven't released both kits yet.

A lot of clubs have released ONE kit though.

Shornton

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 23, 2013, 02:25:07 pm by Shornton »
That's it i'm ending it now!!!!  :suicide:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 23, 2013, 02:26:46 pm by Wellred »

Is that an official announcement or might you be going to do it tomorrow? or maybe the day after?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 23, 2013, 02:28:16 pm by RedJ »

Is that an official announcement or might you be going to do it tomorrow? or maybe the day after?

We'll know by the end of the week.

Or perhaps the start of next.

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 23, 2013, 02:30:38 pm by Red Rover »
Richie Wellens...has he signed?!!! It was all over Leicester City twitter/forums...f*ck all amongst our side!

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 23, 2013, 02:31:55 pm by colincramb »
How about getting off the clubs back for once? Lots of short memories since April. Back to old ways are we now?

Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 23, 2013, 02:37:05 pm by Red Rover »
How about getting off the clubs back for once? Lots of short memories since April. Back to old ways are we now?

Its not the players nor coaching staffs fault whatsoever. Its the hands that pull the strings behind the scenes

rtidbelly

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 23, 2013, 02:39:39 pm by rtidbelly »

We'll know by the end of the week.

Or perhaps the start of next.

or maybe decide against it and sign for barnsley!!!

walter the red

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 23, 2013, 03:19:45 pm by walter the red »
Regarding the new kits ,a worrying thought occurs-does DRFC have sufficient funds to PAY for them ?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 23, 2013, 03:21:04 pm by jonnydog »
I would say so

Lipsy

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 23, 2013, 03:28:28 pm by Lipsy »
I can't believe how shirty people are being on this forum today.  :coat:

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on July 23, 2013, 03:32:38 pm by RedJ »
Regarding the new kits ,a worrying thought occurs-does DRFC have sufficient funds to PAY for them ?

Don't talk b*llocks.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 23, 2013, 03:37:59 pm by colincramb »

Don't talk b*llocks.
[/quote

This really is becoming laughable now

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 23, 2013, 04:30:37 pm by mrfrostsdad »
That may not be as daft a statement as it sounds.

Look at it this way:
We keep hearing about out of contract players re-signing and nothing happens. We keep hearing about how excited we are going to be about the quality of players we are going to bring in and nothing happens. Mvoto has already signed, then he goes to the Dingles.

Why???

Well, here is a theory. And it may be just as much warlocks as the warlocks already posted. My guess is, we have sold so few season tickets (probably less than 4k - we don't actually know cos no one will tell us) that there is a real cash flow problem at the club that won't be sorted any time soon until new investment comes in. Have we had our Sky TV money yet? Don't know. Maybe we're waiting for that.

I think there are too many issues at the moment for this not to be completely impossible.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on July 23, 2013, 05:43:34 pm by goalkick »
Will be informed on Monday it's a good day we are told.

bluewiggy123

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on July 23, 2013, 06:16:58 pm by bluewiggy123 »
That may not be as daft a statement as it sounds.

Look at it this way:
We keep hearing about out of contract players re-signing and nothing happens. We keep hearing about how excited we are going to be about the quality of players we are going to bring in and nothing happens. Mvoto has already signed, then he goes to the Dingles.

Why???

Well, here is a theory. And it may be just as much warlocks as the warlocks already posted. My guess is, we have sold so few season tickets (probably less than 4k - we don't actually know cos no one will tell us) that there is a real cash flow problem at the club that won't be sorted any time soon until new investment comes in. Have we had our Sky TV money yet? Don't know. Maybe we're waiting for that.

I think there are too many issues at the moment for this not to be completely impossible.

well between facebook, twitter and this forum, i  have read some complete bollox today. but this - well??????????????????????

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 23, 2013, 06:21:09 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Instead of just saying b*llocks Wiggy, give me another theory or opinion.
I could have said it was b*llocks when originally posted, but I think there is some mileage in this.
The other one I didn't add was no new replica shirts and no new date for delivery. Why? Maybe we didn't pay for them?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 23, 2013, 06:35:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I could have said it was b*llocks when originally posted, but I think there is some mileage in this.
The other one I didn't add was no new replica shirts and no new date for delivery. Why? Maybe we didn't pay for them?

Do something useful for the sake of all the rest of us. Take your list of grievances up with Gavin Baldwin directly (he's a very approachable man) and come back to us with your answers. 

bluewiggy123

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 23, 2013, 06:37:09 pm by bluewiggy123 »

Do something useful for the sake of all the rest of us. Take your list of grievances up with Gavin Baldwin directly (he's a very approachable man) and come back to us with your answers.

i really hate negativity in all walks of life. as was posted in the free press earlier this week. all parties have signed confidentiality agreements. when things are sorted then we will be party to it. til then lets have positive thoughts. at the end of the day regardless of what happens we will all be at the KM for the blackpool game supporting the team we love. :rtid:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 23, 2013, 06:41:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

How about it could the suppliers have let the club down and didn't bother telling them till yesterday? How does that sit as a theory? Perhaps it isn't negative enough about the club for your liking?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 23, 2013, 06:43:17 pm by mrfrostsdad »
That may well be the case.
And if the club actually told us that, I would accept it as being true

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on July 23, 2013, 06:52:10 pm by AbsolutDRFC »

Basically you are suggesting, actually, no looking at yours/Mr Frosts statements, so far...
You are saying that the club is in a cash flow crisis.

Care to elaborate on that with proof.....

Otherwise I suggest the pair of you wind it in please, with regard to such ill-advised comments, because it only takes a journalist to pick up on what you're saying and put another 2 and 2 together to make 5.

Seriously, I don't know what your agenda has been this afternoon/evening. It's not healthy and not constructive for the club.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on July 23, 2013, 06:54:43 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

But because they haven't actually come out with an explanation as yet; a simple and reasonable possibility isn't something that springs to your mind but instead you make the leap to something more conspiratorial..? You ought to watch more Judge Judy and see how she reasons her way through things...

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 23, 2013, 07:04:56 pm by RedJ »

But because they haven't actually come out with an explanation as yet; a simple and reasonable possibility isn't something that springs to your mind but instead you make the leap to something more conspiratorial..? You ought to watch more Judge Judy and see how she reasons her way through things...

This is the same guy who tried spouting the board told our team to bottle promotion.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 23, 2013, 07:06:07 pm by mrfrostsdad »
It's more than about shirts not being delivered. It's about players not signing contracts, signings that we thought we had not coming in.  I could go on but some people are so blinkered.

And AbsolutDRFC never have I read such crap. Wind it in. Press putting 2 and 2 together etc etc. me and Mike are not the only ones to post such comments today. This is an open forum for people to put their theories and opinions on, wether you like it or not. Do you think every journalist in the country is so thick that they couldn't come to a similar conclusion?

It is a THEORY that we are struggling for cash until the Sky money/further investment comes in. No conspiracy, no cloak and dagger, no hidden agenda, not even having a go at anyone in the club. It is opinion, nothing else

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 23, 2013, 07:08:16 pm by RobTheRover »
Has no-one spotted the flaw in the cash flow conspiracy theory?

Brains in gear,  folks.

The club shop is not operated by the club. It's operated by Just Sports.  The same Just Sports who have given the club 36 hours notice that,  even though they had agreed that the shirts would be here and on sale at the open evening,  the shirts won't be here.

So,  what this actually means is that the shirts cost the club NOTHING,  and the person paying for them is you guys when you pay Just Sports and they put it in a carrier bag. The club gets their cut from the profit Just Sports makes.

Boom,  splash. (that's another load of rubbish blown out of the water)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 23, 2013, 07:10:04 pm by mrfrostsdad »
If that's the case, fine. Would have been easy to relay that to everyone wanting to buy them

TinyPortal © 2005-2012