Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:11:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Good article on SLO's  (Read 2807 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Good article on SLO's
« on July 30, 2013, 07:45:49 pm by silent majority »
When Saturday Comes  focuses on the work of SLO's here;

http://www.exacteditions.com/browse/378/407/36359/3/7

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re: Good article on SLO's
« Reply #1 on July 30, 2013, 08:29:08 pm by not on facebook »
One i noticed at the Oslo team that sometimes will watch just for the social aspect,is that the teams normall fans aka ...klan... Have a lot Of power within the Club.

They have the say so as to who gets a ban from attending games or not.its all done via meetings where
A fan will have the chance to protest.

So any fan or fans that brings the clubs name into distupte either on match day or not might face the committe.

Also if the hooligan element at VIF have Been good eggs there is room for talks When the hooligans Ask for something.

Like at the game Lillestrøm v VIF two terms back.its just like a Rotherham v donny game,and the VIF firm Asked for a certian part Of the away end to be set aside only for them,which they got.

The klan Also run some ofte security at home games as the klan know who is who.

I got helped out yesterday by the klan,with free enterance into the ground walked in and given the Seat
In the stands as close to away dug out as possible.

The klan Also had a work with brian deane that i was from doncaster and a rovers nutjob,to which mr deane gave me the time Of day.

I doubt This would ever have worked in England tbh

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 30, 2013, 09:14:45 pm by River Don »
One i noticed at the Oslo team that sometimes will watch just for the social aspect,is that the teams normall fans aka ...klan... Have a lot Of power within the Club.

They have the say so as to who gets a ban from attending games or not.its all done via meetings where
A fan will have the chance to protest.

So any fan or fans that brings the clubs name into distupte either on match day or not might face the committe.

Also if the hooligan element at VIF have Been good eggs there is room for talks When the hooligans Ask for something.

Like at the game Lillestrøm v VIF two terms back.its just like a Rotherham v donny game,and the VIF firm Asked for a certian part Of the away end to be set aside only for them,which they got.

The klan Also run some ofte security at home games as the klan know who is who.

I got helped out yesterday by the klan,with free enterance into the ground walked in and given the Seat
In the stands as close to away dug out as possible.

The klan Also had a work with brian deane that i was from doncaster and a rovers nutjob,to which mr deane gave me the time Of day.

I doubt This would ever have worked in England tbh

Sounds a bit like Italy, at some clubs the Ultras have a lot of influence don't they?

Is there much football violence in Norway? When you mention hooligans, is that like the Ultras?

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 30, 2013, 09:49:04 pm by not on facebook »
They have ultras and hooligans in norway,but they are
All on a Much smaller scale Than rest Of europe.

The local Oslo firm at Its peak was pulling numbers from 30 to 60 lads.for last five seasons The FV is Now just about non existant,but the the local casuals still do
The match day drinking on the off chance.

FV raised Its head in norway about 15years ago after films like green street etc etc and the casual culture in
Norway grew.just about every team as casuals but numbers are very low,hence why you will both ultras and casuals amongst each other for high profile games.

If you have a far right Wing attitude you will never be accepted i to the local VIF casuals.they hold a music night one saturday a month and Charge a fee on the door.

Any money is put into the iskoboys account and it helps pay for anyones fines,which in turn helps lads on the top table if u Get the picture.

The media out Here used to fall over each other on the casual culture as it sold papers we guess back then.i got approached two times by nAtional papers to give them an insight on the casual scene in Oslo,but i turned down Their offers as did any local Oslo casual.

If you ever got Nicked for FV in norway ,in the main it
Would be a 1000pound fine via the post.the Police never Nicked one or two as they would fill up two vans
Then dish out the fines with no court apperence.

Think before you punch and check Your bank account
I would say for a laugh.

Funny enough i Made some good money on burberry caps,would Get them from a shop in donny at reduced rate then sell in Oslo for 40pound a cap.

Caps yer uncle

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 30, 2013, 09:53:18 pm by The L J Monk »
Have there been any outputs from the two DRFC SLOs yet?

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 30, 2013, 10:43:04 pm by River Don »

The local Oslo firm at Its peak was pulling numbers from 30 to 60 lads.for last five seasons The FV is Now just about non existant,but the the local casuals still do

FV raised Its head in norway about 15years ago after films like green street etc etc and the casual culture in
Norway grew.just about every team as casuals but numbers are very low,hence why you will both ultras and casuals amongst each other for high profile games.

If you have a far right Wing attitude you will never be accepted i to the local VIF casuals.they hold a music night one saturday a month and Charge a fee on the door.

Any money is put into the iskoboys account and it helps pay for anyones fines,which in turn helps lads on the top table if u Get the picture.

The media out Here used to fall over each other on the casual culture as it sold papers we guess back then.i got approached two times by nAtional papers to give them an insight on the casual scene in Oslo,but i turned down Their offers as did any local Oslo casual.

Would be a 1000pound fine via the post.the Police never Nicked one or two as they would fill up two vans

I would say for a laugh.

Funny enough i Made some good money on burberry caps,would Get them from a shop in donny at reduced rate then sell in Oslo for 40pound a cap.

Caps yer uncle

I was just wondering what that meant when you mentioned hooligans. The idea of hooligans asking for favours from football clubs in England is a bit of an alien concept.

I'm not interested in fighting and I don't have right wing tendancies so I should be okay if I take in a game of football in Norway sometime. I'd like to get around to visiting the country eventually.

Have you seen this site Oslo?

http://thisisourculture.com/

It's a sort of a Scandinavian football casual thing, might be your cup of Akvavit.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on July 31, 2013, 11:18:37 am by SLO@DRFC »
Have there been any outputs from the two DRFC SLOs yet?

Hi LJ,

So far we have written a page in the Motherwell programme (as we will do for every home game this season) and we have been present at the Meet the Manager event and the Supporters Club AGMs (both Main Branch & North Branch).

We have taken several questions from here and other channels (email, social media etc.,) and we have taken these to the club and posted the responses back to the people who originally asked. We then took a selection of these questions and posted some online on the official website (http://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/article/askyourslos-the-answers-951239.aspx) and some more will also feature in the Blackpool and Rochdale programmes.

Going forward we hope to become very active in communicating with fans and we are looking forward to the challenge ahead. Should any of you wish to discuss the role further or have any questions we will be at the Meet the Owners event tonight and also at the VSC AGM on Saturday.

Before the game on Saturday (or any match day) you will be able to find one of us in the Belle Vue Bar and one of us walking around the outside of the stadium. If any of you ever want to bring anything to our attention and can't find us during the game ask your nearest steward to contact an SLO, however we will be in the Belle Vue Bar after the game.

Thanks

Mark & Lee
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 11:20:42 am by SLO@DRFC »

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 31, 2013, 11:27:26 am by not on facebook »

I would say for a laugh.

Caps yer uncle

I was just wondering what that meant when you mentioned hooligans. The idea of hooligans asking for favours from football clubs in England is a bit of an alien concept.

I'm not interested in fighting and I don't have right wing tendancies so I should be okay if I take in a game of football in Norway sometime. I'd like to get around to visiting the country eventually.

Have you seen this site Oslo?

http://thisisourculture.com/

It's a sort of a Scandinavian football casual thing, might be your cup of Akvavit.

fcuk me there is a picture of my best norwegian mate in that lot,stood near pub doorway
with t shirt on green cp cap and addias trainers,and the lad on picture next to him is from sweden
and used to live in oslo about 12 years back.

will give it a good read tonite

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 31, 2013, 11:32:50 am by The L J Monk »
Thanks Mark and Lee. Unfortunately I can't make those events, so I hope you don't mind if I ask a question here...

Are the SLOs independent of the VSC, or part of it?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on July 31, 2013, 12:15:08 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Thanks Mark and Lee. Unfortunately I can't make those events, so I hope you don't mind if I ask a question here...

The SLOs are appointed by the club. The VSC has no part in their selection.

Lee is a member of the VSC Board as well, but there is no conflict of interest in holding both roles. As far as I know Mark has no connection with the VSC at all. I couldn't even tell you if he is a member.

Although SLOs are something the VSC had advocated that the club appoint, the VSC as an organisation has no say in their remit or how they perform it. That is down to the club and the SLOs.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on July 31, 2013, 12:21:27 pm by The L J Monk »
Lovely stuff, thanks Glyn.

If I could get an answer on that other question I posed that would be great...

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on July 31, 2013, 01:07:24 pm by silent majority »

The SLOs are appointed by the club. The VSC has no part in their selection.

Lee is a member of the VSC Board as well, but there is no conflict of interest in holding both roles. As far as I know Mark has no connection with the VSC at all. I couldn't even tell you if he is a member.

Although SLOs are something the VSC had advocated that the club appoint, the VSC as an organisation has no say in their remit or how they perform it. That is down to the club and the SLOs.

Not strictly true, but for the sake of clarity and accuracy I shall explain.

I was part of the selection and interview panel but I was doing so whilst wearing my FSF hat. The FSF run the SLO project in England and Wales and do so with support from Supporters Direct, who manage the project for UEFA in Europe, and on behalf of the Football league.

More information here;

http://www.fsf.org.uk/slo/

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on July 31, 2013, 01:40:43 pm by The L J Monk »
I see.

Many thanks Martin.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012