Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:35:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Season ticket not arrived in the post  (Read 2585 times)

RTID75

• VSC Member
Season ticket not arrived in the post
« on August 01, 2013, 09:21:33 pm by RTID75 »
Anyone else in the same boat?

Being exiled, I always get my ticket posted out. By last Saturday I was getting concerned that it hadn't arrived as they're usually weeks in advance.

I phoned Rovers who said they hadn't gone out yet, but would be out next week (this week). Nothing has arrived yet and if it doesn't show tomorrow (Friday) I'll be driving up ticket-less as I am at work on Saturday morning.

Ticket or not, they WILL be letting me in!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:24:32 pm by RTID75 »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Rios

• VSC Member
Re: Season ticket not arrived in the post
« Reply #1 on August 01, 2013, 09:34:10 pm by Rios »
Anyone else in the same boat?

Being exiled, I always get my ticket posted out. By last Saturday I was getting concerned that it hadn't arrived as they're usually weeks in advance.

I phoned Rovers who said they hadn't gone out yet, but would be out next week (this week). Nothing has arrived yet and if it doesn't show tomorrow (Friday) I'll be driving up ticket-less as I am at work on Saturday morning.

Ticket or not, they WILL be letting me in!

I'm in the same boat, although complicated by me moving house too.  No definite that it's been sent already (to the old address) but if not it would be sent to the new one (which it hasn't been).  It's all a bit of a mess really and I'm not sure how given how early some of us bought our season tickets this year that they've been unable to organise it.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 01, 2013, 09:43:47 pm by StocktonRover »
Im in the same boat too. If it doesn't arrive in tomorrows post I will be turning up with my receipt and fully expect to get in.

Not one for moaning but this really is cutting it too fine.

Phoenix

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 01, 2013, 09:45:57 pm by Phoenix »
Have you relocated your boats since you sent off for your season tickets? If so, that might be the problem.

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 01, 2013, 11:27:58 pm by Surrey Rover »
Same here I'm afraid. I may have to work Saturday so it might not present a problem but in any event the situation is unacceptable and a clear illustration that certain aspects of the club are as far removed from a professional outfit as anyone could imagine. First week in March I paid for mine, absolutely appalling customer service.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 01, 2013, 11:35:29 pm by SLO@DRFC »
All,

I know this may not be any good to you now, but I'll see the ticket office staff tomorrow for an update on the situation and to find out if any contingency plans are in place for supporters who don't receive their STs before they travel to the game.

Once I know anything I'll post an update on here.

Lee

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 01, 2013, 11:39:37 pm by Mike_F »
Again, this doesn't help you but the club were late on getting them in as the League Sponsor wasn't announced in time and the Football League have a stipulation about having the sponsor's name on tickets. I know we were sailing as close to the wind as we could on this one.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 02, 2013, 01:02:20 am by jonnydog »
True, I picked mine up tonight and was told to keep the inlay information in at all times as they haven't had chance to stamp the back of each ticket.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 02, 2013, 08:14:41 am by IDM »
Again, this doesn't help you but the club were late on getting them in as the League Sponsor wasn't announced in time and the Football League have a stipulation about having the sponsor's name on tickets. I know we were sailing as close to the wind as we could on this one.

It doesn't help that the club is restricted like this and it is the fans who's tickets are late who suffer.

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 02, 2013, 09:58:11 am by Rios »

I'm presuming the FL have a stipulation where the club aren't allowed to relay any information as to the situation.  A simple statement in the press and website (or heaven forbid scraping the email addresses that they've collected on the hallowed CRM system) telling season ticket holders who've paid for their tickets to be posted that there's a problem and that they'll have to pick them up before the first game would've sufficed.  People are far more reasonable if a situation is laid out and we can see it's not the clubs fault instead of sticking heads in the sand and hoping it all works out...

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 02, 2013, 12:25:32 pm by Sheepskin Stu »

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 02, 2013, 12:39:48 pm by eastender »

Strange as my Barnsley supporting work mate picked his up 6 weeks ago when he went and payed for it.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 02, 2013, 12:44:17 pm by drfc1951 »
Iknow it doesnt help op but mine arrived recorded delivery on Wednesday.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 02, 2013, 12:45:17 pm by The L J Monk »
I'm on tenterhooks - did it arrive?

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 02, 2013, 01:16:09 pm by RTID75 »
No idea yet.  I need to get home from work first.

Either way, poor show from the club.  As has been stated, some communication would have been nice, even if only to say 'pick it up from reception on the 3rd'.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 02, 2013, 01:18:15 pm by IDM »
Have you phoned the TO today, or PM'd the SLO?

Hope you get this sorted...

TracyB

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 02, 2013, 02:01:50 pm by TracyB »
Hi

If your season ticket books have not arrived and you definately paid postage, please PM me and i will investigate and assure youthat you will get in to tomorrows match.  Those that have not paid postage will be available to collect tomorrow from Main Reception after 12pm and before this from the ticket office.

RTID75

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 02, 2013, 06:46:48 pm by RTID75 »
Nothing in the post today. No chance of me being able toget my hands on it if it arrives tomorrow because of work.

PM sent Tracy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012