Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:30:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Centre Of Excellence Website  (Read 1408 times)

johnmagson

• Forum Member
Centre Of Excellence Website
« on August 02, 2013, 10:14:02 pm by johnmagson »
After the site got hacked towards the end of last season heard there was going to be a all new singing and dancing website, my son plays for the under 10's for the upcoming season but is still on the under 9 player profile and most players have gone without having there sponsors names beside the profile for the majority of all last season which was the reason most companies paid there chosen player £50 for the privilidge, also most of the players have no sponsor details or picture on there profile and said pics were taken last september when the academy photoshoot was done at the keepmoat.

Does anybody know who updates the site as it updated as much as the main DRFC site and would probably find more info on twitter!!!!!

Just think its a real shame for said sponsors that there names are not there when they have helped sponsor an academy player towards either there home/away/training kit.

Hope the new site pops up soon and is reguarly updated as it is a means for all parents to know match direction/games/training ect ect

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Centre Of Excellence Website
« Reply #1 on August 04, 2013, 06:51:18 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Whilst some parts of DROS are excellent these days, the academy/youth team section is not. It's even listed both as Academy AND Youth Team, both effectively go to the same place. Now we also have the Development Squad.

I for one am interested in the goings on beyond the First Team Squad, so hopefully this will be sorted soon and interesting reading can recommence. Sort it out Rovers!

johnmagson

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 04, 2013, 07:21:33 pm by johnmagson »
agreed before the hack we was graced with last years u/9 match reports which were stopped after the hack but fortunately i managed to print these off before the hack for my son for when he is older.. ya know something to look back on because i know at his age nothing is certain and is a ruthless thing to be in.

how often does the vsc back up there site in case of such a matter?? hopefully more than once in 2 years like the rovers site.

i for one love being online and reading about the younger matches and see who is becoming a tomorrows rover

maybe silent majority may add it to his discussion list and show these young lads something they deserve as they have made it this far and get the sponsors the publicity they were promised on the site

http://www.drfcyouth.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=125&Itemid=101

johnmagson

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 04, 2013, 07:36:38 pm by johnmagson »
is it true that we can only be a academy and not a centre of excellence is because we dont have any indoor training facilities?? like sheff weds and leeds so im told?

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 04, 2013, 08:56:39 pm by A9 »
my son plays for the under 10's for the upcoming season but is still on the under 9 player profile

You are joking. Player profiles for Under 9s. This is basic FA Child Protection stuff. Its a clear no-no. This could get the club into big trouble.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 04, 2013, 09:28:21 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
John, I'm not sure here's the best place to be making these representations, you might be better off speaking to the club directly or through the youth team guys you'll work with alongside your lad and make suggestions that way?

johnmagson

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 04, 2013, 09:35:32 pm by johnmagson »
all we have had heard since september is a all new website i even off my own back went around the parents and collect players sponsor names again as was lost so i did handed them in!! still nothing

cant see how hard it is..... well i can seeing as one age group had 5 managers in 1 season

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 04, 2013, 11:07:49 pm by RobTheRover »
John,  contact the SLOs to take this up with the club on your behalf. This is exactly the kind of thing they are there for.

CGJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 05, 2013, 09:00:13 am by CGJ »
It appears the Official site is in the process of being revamped to incorporate the Development, Youth and Academy squads and also has connections to the unrelated Centre FOR Excellence included.
There is no longer a Centre of Excellence, this was replaced by an Academy (Level 3) at the start of last season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012