Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:16:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Duffy for Bennett  (Read 5079 times)

Donnyjim

• VSC Member
Duffy for Bennett
« on August 03, 2013, 06:05:43 pm by Donnyjim »
Very strange, but I was sat near the dug out and Duffy was sat on the grass stretching his hamstrings. So it must have been cramp, or a tight hamstring. Alot of positives from today though, it could be a reasonably season, with a striker and a decent right back?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Wellred

• Forum Member
Re: Duffy for Bennett
« Reply #1 on August 03, 2013, 06:07:28 pm by Wellred »
Quinn did nothing wrong at all today. If anything Husband got caught too many times and was very naive.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 03, 2013, 06:27:36 pm by bedale rover »
I knew we were screwed when Bennett came I'd feel safer with a chocolate fireguard!

And then to bring on barn door for copps going 4-4-2 put the cherry on the top!

Dickov needs to get his sub's right in the future

Those today were all wrong

Still seething

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 03, 2013, 06:29:17 pm by Wellred »
I think the heading should read Taxi for Bennett.

bluewiggy123

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 03, 2013, 06:36:50 pm by bluewiggy123 »
must have been a reason for bringing duffy off but should have been replaced with syers

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 03, 2013, 06:39:42 pm by Dare to dream! »
Duffy must have been injured because he was better than both Copps and Cotts

smitiai

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 03, 2013, 07:11:50 pm by smitiai »
I agree the substitution was a odd one. Duffy was skinning the Blackpool players at will. Bennett and Copps I don think are right for our team.. Bennett is to small and lacks any real direction. Copps is great when he's good. But he's 9/10 not good and when he's gets the ball he's always looking to pass it backwards not running with it

Keith Myath

« Reply #7 on August 03, 2013, 07:54:22 pm by Keith Myath »
Great game till Duffy came off, but where was Syers to replace him????? Bennett lost the ball time after time and did nothing for the team. Why do succesive managers pick/re-sign him????

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 03, 2013, 08:16:37 pm by CusworthRovers »
Quinn did nothing wrong at all today. If anything Husband got caught too many times and was very naive.

Are you sure mucker?

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 03, 2013, 08:19:31 pm by Wellred »

Are you sure mucker?

Quite sure

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 03, 2013, 08:23:11 pm by Northants Nomad »

Are you sure mucker?

Quite sure

So that double balls-up by Quinn late in the second half that nearly gave them a goal but led to Ince shooting wide was Quinn doing nothing wrong all day. Generally, though, you are right, but to say "Quinn did nothing wrong at all today" is not quite correct, hence Cussy's challenge of "Are you sure", a very valid challenge.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 03, 2013, 08:24:09 pm by CusworthRovers »
Allow me to recount the 1-1 score with about 10mins, when he panicked with the ball and gave it away to their player near our penalty area and all our midfielders were up field (mistake 1). He then tried winning it back which he did, but immediately gave it to Ince clean through on goal who missed a sitter in fairness (mistake 2).

FYI he was apologising profusely to his colleagues over this incident. Is that enough for you?

I love the guy, but they all make mistakes, and not just Kyle.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 03, 2013, 08:26:05 pm by Wellred »

Are you sure mucker?

Quite sure

So that double balls-up by Quinn late in the second half that nearly gave them a goal but led to Ince shooting wide was Quinn doing nothing wrong all day. Generally, though, you are right, but to say "Quinn did nothing wrong at all today" is not quite correct, hence Cussy's challenge of "Are you sure", a very valid challenge.

Sorry I couldn't really take his question seriously after he had posted that he thought Bennett played well.  :facepalm: :facepalm:

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 03, 2013, 08:32:42 pm by CusworthRovers »
Perhaps one or 1000 on here are watching 1 player too much, instead of watching the game and every player closely. That way you see that they all make mistakes.

As much as Duffy is a good shout for MoM (top player), he also had the ball taken off a few times today and gave it away with hopeful long punts and short balls.

IMO pound for pound the best player for completing most passes and keeping the ball is Copps by a mile. He looks every inch a Championship player

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 03, 2013, 09:25:12 pm by steve@dcfd »

Are you sure mucker?

Quite sure

I second that.

bigal

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 04, 2013, 12:16:18 am by bigal »
Duffy did okay but not a left winger for me played out of position

GloucesterRover31

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 04, 2013, 12:22:46 am by GloucesterRover31 »
Perhaps one or 1000 on here are watching 1 player too much, instead of watching the game and every player closely. That way you see that they all make mistakes.

As much as Duffy is a good shout for MoM (top player), he also had the ball taken off a few times today and gave it away with hopeful long punts and short balls.

IMO pound for pound the best player for completing most passes and keeping the ball is Copps by a mile. He looks every inch a Championship player

Spot on comment Duffy skinned people but didn't create a clear cut chance a lot of his crosses ended up in the keepers hands and his shots miles wide I want to see him more central playing off brown looking for the knockdowns, also husband had a shocking first half but improved massively second half! What a pleasure to see a player like wellens back in the middle a striker with great positioning is what we need lots of positives

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 04, 2013, 12:54:26 am by RobTheRover »

Duffy, Copps and Cotts all took turns in the Wide left/wide right/hole roles, and their rotation created tons of space for us.  Do people watch the game with their eyes shut?

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 04, 2013, 10:30:07 am by bedale rover »
Duffy drifted all over but mainly down the middlebut do double up down both left and right wing
He was my MOTM

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 04, 2013, 10:35:12 am by uros-predic »
We have signed a gem in duffy, oozes class and although things dont come off for him all the time he attempts the right things!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 04, 2013, 11:43:20 am by Norfolk N Chance »
How bad is Bennett first touch?

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 04, 2013, 11:53:33 am by jonnydog »
How bad is Bennett first touch?

Almost as bad as his second and third

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 04, 2013, 12:02:31 pm by Dare to dream! »
One thing about Duffy that will stop him from reaching the top level is he has no finish to his game. First half ball came out to him in the box and he hit it but went well over from a good chance, needs to improve on that side of his game

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 04, 2013, 12:16:02 pm by sheffield exile1 »
I feared the worst today but was very pleasantly surprised. Duffy looks an excellent buy and the team gave as good as it got against a very physical team. I feel sorry for the corporal. Gave away a silly corner which led to their second goal. Knowing his passion and commitment bet he's fuming with himself. However, as is the mettle of the man, will get over it and come out fighting i am sure...

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 04, 2013, 12:17:04 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Norfolk,
There are two words that are superfluous in your post.
'First' and 'touch'

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 04, 2013, 07:45:20 pm by CusworthRovers »

Duffy, Copps and Cotts all took turns in the Wide left/wide right/hole roles, and their rotation created tons of space for us.  Do people watch the game with their eyes shut?

It did Rob, but it also gave them a hell of a lot of space. There were long spells in that game when they were just passing it around at will and ease and causing us to chase shadows. Now it may be a teething problem and we will improve and get more disciplined in closing down space. It may be Blackburn were simply a very good passing side who also packed the midfield to do this. If there are lots of teams out there better then Blackpool and with a more direct cutting edge, there could be games when we get hurt badly, if this is the way forward for us.

Personally I feel we will become more disciplined as we gel and form our own style. We certainly have class and flair in the middle................and we still have Forrester and Fernandez to come into the mix. Fernandez looked a good player v Motherwell (Alonso type) 

TinyPortal © 2005-2012