Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:01:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: David Cotterill  (Read 2892 times)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
David Cotterill
« on August 04, 2013, 09:21:51 am by LincsRover »
I've read a lot of stuff about yesterday and i agree with some of it (thought Wellens, Duffy et al played well) but the one glaring omission (IMO obviously) is that noone seems to have picked up on how well Cotts played. I thought he was immense - the lung bursting run down the left, rescuing countless lost cause balls, consistently beating opposition defenders; all followed up with a well delivered ball into he box. Unfortunately no goal poacher/striker to finish off! Chances wasted with poor headers & poor control in the box.

My MOM by some way and a major factor if we are to stay up this season - just need that poacher/finisher to get the goals.................. Any suggestions anyone?

:rtid:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MiKA

• Forum Member
Re: David Cotterill
« Reply #1 on August 04, 2013, 09:52:27 am by MiKA »
He was on top form yesterday, not only doing what he does brilliantly but was also chasing the ball down and making tackles.

There were some great performances and on another day we could have won it, for me the only thing lacking was proven goal scorer at this level and another LB as Husband is still not quite up to it (although he did well)

When these players get more used to playing with each other they will win games 

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 04, 2013, 09:52:35 am by jonnydog »
I thought he played brilliant too, especially in the first half.

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 04, 2013, 10:21:47 am by bedale rover »
Faded a bit as did they all

Must be worrying about his place when Forrester is fit

He did get a "come on cottrill do something" from me early on

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 04, 2013, 11:36:08 am by rover-n-out »
MOM for me, thought he was fantastic first half, faded a bit in second half.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 04, 2013, 11:39:58 am by goalkick »
Thought he played very well.created many of our few chances.

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 04, 2013, 11:44:26 am by Norfolk N Chance »
I've read a lot of stuff about yesterday and i agree with some of it (thought Wellens, Duffy et al played well) but the one glaring omission (IMO obviously) is that noone seems to have picked up on how well Cotts played. I thought he was immense - the lung bursting run down the left, rescuing countless lost cause balls, consistently beating opposition defenders; all followed up with a well delivered ball into he box. Unfortunately no goal poacher/striker to finish off! Chances wasted with poor headers & poor control in the box.

My MOM by some way and a major factor if we are to stay up this season - just need that poacher/finisher to get the goals.................. Any suggestions anyone?

:rtid:

Id could not believe how good he was!

Outstanding wing play.

robchester

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 04, 2013, 01:22:04 pm by robchester »
He was excellent.  Perhaps the quality of the pitch we now have has given him the confidence to run with the ball more? Well done to Andy and his team.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 04, 2013, 02:17:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We saw a glimpse of the 'new' Cotterill at Bradford. The new system mean he has to be more flexible and he looks to have taken to it very well. I'm sure we'll see him pop up all over the pitch and of all people, why did he not let fly when he had that early chance?

Keep it up Cotts, well done.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 04, 2013, 03:29:05 pm by Colin C No.3 »
There was one point in the 2nd half when he picked the ball up just inside our own half, out on the left wing & just took off leaving 3 players in his wake before crossing for Browny who's header unfortunately went straight into the keeper's hands.

Their were two No. 11's on the pitch yesterday & one of them with a valuation of £8 mill. Any neutral observer yesterday would have said it was the one in red & white hoops on that performance.

Keep it up Cotts but......please, please shoot more often!

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 04, 2013, 03:50:18 pm by karldew »
Thought he did brilliant too. Walking back to the car there was somebody saying he was poor and needs to up his game!, can please some people

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 04, 2013, 04:07:33 pm by MachoMadness »
Agree, he was very good. But then, we all know about how packed our midfield is this year, quality in every position. It's up front and at the back where our problems lie, but the midfield is excellent.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 04, 2013, 04:10:41 pm by andysly »
To me the whole midfield played, IMO order of performance. And that's not to say Duffy didn't do well.

1. Furman
2. Coops
3. Wellens
4. Cotterill
5. Duffy

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 04, 2013, 04:12:20 pm by RedJ »
That's an interesting take. I didn't think Copps was really in the game much - didn't do badly necessarily but he wasn't really involved all that much.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 04, 2013, 04:55:11 pm by andysly »
All different opinions, I thought he was non stop particularly first half and putting some decent balls in.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 04, 2013, 09:43:51 pm by bobjimwilly »
Don't forget to vote for you MOM here!

Every vote counts, and the player with the most votes at the end of the season will receive the coveted VSC Player of the Year trophey!  :aok:

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 04, 2013, 10:50:35 pm by LincsRover »
Done, and I bet you can't guess who I voted for. Surprised he's only got 4 votes so far though, I know a good few players had good games but Cotts was outstanding!

:clapping:  :clapping:  :clapping:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012