Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 09:43:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dirty Blackpool  (Read 2315 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Dirty Blackpool
« on August 05, 2013, 07:22:59 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Kicking lumps out of us.

Got away with flaming murder in first half when we played them off the park!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: Dirty Blackpool
« Reply #1 on August 05, 2013, 08:34:44 am by LincsRover »
Can't agree that we played them off the park; in fact at times I thought they gave us a lesson in passing the ball, especially in the first half. But I agree, every time we looked like creating something they clattered our players and, for the most part, got away with it - another sh*t ref at the keepmoat but we need to get used to that!
 :rtid:

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 05, 2013, 10:21:04 am by mrfrostsdad »
That was one of the things that stood out for me when we were last in the Championship. All the teams we played were bigger, stronger and fitter than us. We lost so many games by being bullied out of games.
One that stands out in particular was when we played Birmingham (I think) and Cameron Jerome knocked everyone off the ball at will. I think he scored the winner whilst holding off two defenders with ease.

I'm afraid we'll have to get used to it

chrisd_123

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 05, 2013, 10:32:04 am by chrisd_123 »
To be fair, on Saturday I think we gave as good as we got. Especially Wellens and Furman. Definitely getting stuck in those two were.

Belle-Vue-Ghost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 05, 2013, 10:36:54 am by Belle-Vue-Ghost »
Be interesting to see how we deal with Grant Holt at Wigan in a couple of weeks.  He'll prove a class player at this level.  Will be a real test for Jones and Bongo.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 05, 2013, 10:51:50 am by Dare to dream! »
Be interesting to see how we deal with Grant Holt at Wigan in a couple of weeks.  He'll prove a class player at this level.  Will be a real test for Jones and Bongo.

Be interesting to see how we deal with the whole Wigan team. Blackpool had long spells of possesion and had us chasing and they're not even that good at passing. Against Wigan we are going to have to make the most of possesion.

As for Grant Holt I think Jones will thrive of that lots of physical and ariel battles, Jones can keep him quiet.

Hopefully by the time we play them a few of their players Wataon, Maloney will have left

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 05, 2013, 10:56:42 am by RobTheRover »
I thought there was a case for a red card early on when Copps got done on the right.  The guy who took him out was the last man and Copps was past him and would have been running in on goal.  Copps was going crazy and the ref pulled out a yellow.  Set the tone.

AbsolutDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 05, 2013, 11:04:10 am by AbsolutDRFC »
I thought there was a case for a red card early on when Copps got done on the right.  The guy who took him out was the last man and Copps was past him and would have been running in on goal.  Copps was going crazy and the ref pulled out a yellow.  Set the tone.

And another red for when the kid went over the top and landed on Furman's shin, in the 2nd half?

If I'd have been referee, I'd have also sent the kid off for the dangerous challenge on Turnbull, instead of allowing play to continue and BFC to score their first.

At that point, I'd have also sent Paul Ince and Jason Statham to the stands as they'd have probably got a bit tired of my biased refereeing.......

I do feel sorry for referees; how are they impartial?
I can't watch a game without wanting one of the teams to win.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 05, 2013, 11:09:07 am by RobTheRover »
Refs have a special mentality.  They want the rules to win.  The two teams are completely coincidental.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 05, 2013, 11:18:27 am by eastender »
I noticed on Saturday that we were on at least 3 occasions doing a "Brazil" and committing fowls Between 35 and 40 yds out instead of our usual 20 to 25 yds .
I don't know if this was intentional but it stopped them getting a direct free kick at goal.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 05, 2013, 11:22:34 am by mrfrostsdad »
Rob, I think red cards for those two tackles would have been harsh. Did Furman not get both man and ball when he got booked (from behind)
With regards to their first goal, I think the guy was entitled to go for it. Turnbull was not in possession of the ball.
Someone posted that the ref should have stopped the game as Turnbull had a head injury. Well yes, if the ref knew he had a head injury. But in the split second it took to put the ball in the net, how would he have even known he was injured?

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 05, 2013, 11:24:24 am by mrfrostsdad »
And DTD,
Grant Holt was excellent in the Premier League so I have no doubts what he'll be like in this division!

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 05, 2013, 11:31:39 am by LincsRover »
Agreed, he's the captain of my championship fantasy football team - top player in this league!

:rtid:

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 05, 2013, 11:34:03 am by Norfolk N Chance »
And DTD,
Grant Holt was excellent in the Premier League so I have no doubts what he'll be like in this division!

Wigan will run cricket scores up in the division

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 05, 2013, 12:16:34 pm by ravenrover »
Why wasn't Ince booked for dissent in the 2nd half when he picked the ball up and threw it down, presumably in anger and looked to be quite vocal towards the ref? Always thought that sort of behaviour these days was an automatic yellow, the ref just had a word

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 05, 2013, 12:18:29 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Why wasn't Ince booked for dissent in the 2nd half when he picked the ball up and threw it down, presumably in anger and looked to be quite vocal towards the ref? Always thought that sort of behaviour these days was an automatic yellow, the ref just had a word

Cos the ref  likes Blackpool and doesn't like us  :facepalm:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012