Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 12, 2024, 08:30:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Guessing we must have won last night?  (Read 1918 times)

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
Guessing we must have won last night?
« on August 07, 2013, 09:03:06 am by nice one rovers »
Hardly a mention of it on here, apart from how we should have won better.
We lose and the site nearly melts.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
Re: Guessing we must have won last night?
« Reply #1 on August 07, 2013, 09:07:57 am by roverssam1879 »
I didnt go but listened to it, it sounded like there was not much to cheer about!

To say we have such an attacking midfield, once again the goal came from a defender!

someone forgot to order the scoring boots.

uros-predic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 07, 2013, 09:08:25 am by uros-predic »
Yeah it doesn't matter about the performance against a league 2 side, as long as we scrape a 1-0 win an being second best for long periods doesn't matter either. Puts us in good stead o face much better opposition in the league

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 07, 2013, 09:09:31 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I didnt go but listened to it, it sounded like there was not much to cheer about!

To say we have such an attacking midfield, once again the goal came from a defender!

We did hit the bar a few times though and their keeper played very well, on another day it would have been comfortable but that we hit the bar not the net is concerning.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 07, 2013, 09:14:14 am by roverssam1879 »

another day it would have been comfortable

Thats two games out of two that phrase applies though, they need to up thier game, we have some tough games to play.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 07, 2013, 09:17:25 am by nice one rovers »
I must admit,I've not missed a game yet, and am generally liking the footie that is gradually emerging. Small squad but they're doing well.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 07, 2013, 09:22:03 am by mrfrostsdad »
I followed the game on Sky last night as TBH I couldn't be arsed to drive from Scarborough to watch a first round League Cup game against Rochdale.
The reporter who was linking from the KM said we scored against the run of play and Rochdale were the best team at that stage.
Maybe that's why people aren't getting too excited?

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 07, 2013, 09:23:31 am by oggycompton »
Won scrappily. Both keepers played well for me. At times when we play at pace we look really good, when we didn't we looked quite average.

A win is a win and we are still in the hat.

woodyrovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 07, 2013, 02:06:41 pm by woodyrovers »
In terms of the reaction to last night's match, I was on my own, so could hear lots of the comments and discussions. There were clearly some who thought it was a foregone conclusion we should beat Rochdale and I heard someone predict at half time a 4-0 result. They must have been watching a different game to me. I was really impressed with Rochdale. Probably too young and 'lightweight' but worth a shout for promotion.
During the period when we lost fluency in the second half the voices attacking the manager started to be heard. 'How long shall we give him?' 'Never thought he was the right choice' 'Criticising the manager for bringing Quinn on as being too negative and missing the injury/cramp etc. I wish I thought they were taking the mickey but I don't think that was the case.
The Donny crowd can sometimes be brilliant with the banter etc. but sometimes they can be a miserable lot.

DonnyRTID

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 07, 2013, 02:41:25 pm by DonnyRTID »
 Guy sat near me walked out with the game at 0-0 and shouted "pack your bags and piss off, you Scottish dwarf"!!!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 07, 2013, 10:28:21 pm by Donnywolf »
Guy sat near me walked out with the game at 0-0 and shouted "pack your bags and piss off, you Scottish dwarf"!!!

Has Archie Irvine signed on again then ?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 07, 2013, 10:57:28 pm by LincsRover »

Poor old McBashful, always getting picked on! Good job his 6 mates weren't there or they'd have kicked the sh*t out of him!

:rtid:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012