Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 03:43:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Here's your chance to have your say about the food!!  (Read 11791 times)

twinkletoes

Here's your chance to have your say about the food!!
« on August 08, 2013, 07:48:52 pm by twinkletoes »
I have put forward a proposal to meet with the club next Friday and discuss the food issues. It would appear that the club are willing to listen to any suggestions I have to try to get some sort of even keel on this issue.  I doubt very much it will ever be resolved fully. You can please some of the people.... So let me have your comments and suggestions and I will make sure they are heard.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Here's your chance to have your say about the food!!
« Reply #1 on August 08, 2013, 07:50:17 pm by RedJ »
Far too few chips for the price.

twinkletoes

« Reply #2 on August 08, 2013, 07:51:52 pm by twinkletoes »
Far too few chips for the price.
Yes I agree. Thanks,  its on my list.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 08, 2013, 07:56:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I bought a Burger and I told the Chinese bloke who served me that it was rubbery. He just smiled and said "aw thank you".    :ohmy:

Leebtyler

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 08, 2013, 07:56:48 pm by Leebtyler »
Food CANNOT be cooked to order, there simply isnt time to wait during the intervals.
Burgers are dry, and the sausages are over cooked and crunchy.

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 08, 2013, 07:58:00 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
The ability to quote posts correctly...

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 08, 2013, 08:00:09 pm by Wellred »
Flush the water pipes properly and don't leave chemicals cleaner in the pipes.

dodge

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 08, 2013, 08:01:35 pm by dodge »
The burgers have the potential to be very good even if over priced but the burger was dry and the bun just crumbled it was that dry. Was going to try the chips tuesday then i noticed how many you got for £2.50. Havin a laugh!

twinkletoes

« Reply #8 on August 08, 2013, 08:02:00 pm by twinkletoes »
Food CANNOT be cooked to order, there simply isnt time to wait during the intervals.
Burgers are dry, and the sausages are over cooked and crunchy.
Mc Donalds and KFC can do it!!
Your comments are noted and are on my list. Thank you

twinkletoes

« Reply #9 on August 08, 2013, 08:02:39 pm by twinkletoes »
Flush the water pipes properly and don't leave chemicals cleaner in the pipes.
Thanks noted

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 08, 2013, 08:12:46 pm by knockers »
Are you Delia in disguise?

twinkletoes

« Reply #11 on August 08, 2013, 08:14:33 pm by twinkletoes »
Are you Delia in disguise?
Shucks you've sussed me out!! :facepalm:

twinkletoes

« Reply #12 on August 08, 2013, 08:15:50 pm by twinkletoes »
The ability to quote posts correctly...
Give me a break Im new to this. :rolleyes:

twinkletoes

« Reply #13 on August 08, 2013, 08:17:44 pm by twinkletoes »
I bought a Burger and I told the Chinese bloke who served me that it was rubbery. He just smiled and said "aw thank you".    :ohmy:
  :woohoo:

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 08, 2013, 08:18:29 pm by Bald Rover »
£3:70 for a burger that consists of  1 half decent bread cake one burnt tasteless rock hard cold 3oz piece of cardboard and an aldi cheese single isnt good value or what we were promised! I work for a firm who manufacturers prime 8oz 100% burgers that taste fantastic and we sell them for like 60p each that combined with a slice of cheese piece of lettuce slice of tomato and onion and a touch of relish and of course hot I wouldnt mind paying a £3 for but £3:70 is extortion also pop has gone up by about a quid a bottle and even the tango big bottles have vanished! £12 For two burgers and two pop is unfair and unsustainable I sometimes bring myself and 4 kids and £5 parking+ticket is manageable occasionally but food and drinks are getting beyond reach, this after we were promised better more affordable food.

twinkletoes

« Reply #15 on August 08, 2013, 08:20:44 pm by twinkletoes »
£3:70 for a burger that consists of  1 half decent bread cake one burnt tasteless rock hard cold 3oz piece of cardboard and an aldi cheese single isnt good value or what we were promised! I work for a firm who manufacturers prime 8oz 100% burgers that taste fantastic and we sell them for like 60p each that combined with a slice of cheese piece of lettuce slice of tomato and onion and a touch of relish and of course hot I wouldnt mind paying a £3 for but £3:70 is extortion also pop has gone up by about a quid a bottle and even the tango big bottles have vanished! £12 For two burgers and two pop is unfair and unsustainable I sometimes bring myself and 4 kids and £5 parking+ticket is manageable occasionally but food and drinks are getting beyond reach, this after we were promised better more affordable food.
Thank you for that. You have some very valid points there. They are on my list.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:40:02 pm by twinkletoes »

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 08, 2013, 08:22:31 pm by Bald Rover »
Oh and 100% beef before anyone asks ha ha

Slimneil

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 08, 2013, 08:22:50 pm by Slimneil »
Both me and my wife both noticed that the burgers they were passing round at the meet the owners meeting resembled nothing like the one I had on tues night ,even though I cannot really complain as I enjoyed it a few people did mention this as I was eating it .

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 08, 2013, 08:23:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
They need to address the quality of the reproduction of the Hot Dogs (Sausage sandwiches),  Burgers and the Pulled Pork sandwiches.

I addition, is it feasible to have on the counter, sauce bottles etc, to allow folk to put their own on? May be also onions. Or even move away to a side counter to put your own dressings on so you don't hold people up.

Better queuing system at the food kiosks to help people get through quicker.

I agree with the £2.50 chip scandal. Something has to give. The price or the quantity.   

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 08, 2013, 08:24:02 pm by scaley back rover »
The speed of service is far too slow even on tuesday night with a low crowd still took 15 mins (seriously rovers stand to lose alot of cash if this isnt sorted as folk want to see the whole second half not the last half hour) . Kids boxes when they come back in still need to be reasonably priced last season £3 was good value. Burger i had on sat was dryer than a stale loaf of bread in the desert . Maybe as has been raised on here before but vending machines for crisps, chocolate and pop need to be looked into as this will potentially shorten the queues. Also maybe prepare some of the hot drinks just before half time as they are redders anyhow and take a good ten mins to cool down (again shortining the wait for them) . Also where have the hawkers gone i noted last year that again queues were shorter.

Thanks for taking this up twinkletoes if i meet you in the concourse in the family stand i will buy you a beer , but not before the pipes are cleaned lol

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 08, 2013, 08:26:06 pm by DubaiRover »
I'm here for togga, what's snap got to do wi owt? We signed billy yet?

twinkletoes

« Reply #21 on August 08, 2013, 08:26:52 pm by twinkletoes »
Both me and my wife both noticed that the burgers they were passing round at the meet the owners meeting resembled nothing like the one I had on tues night ,even though I cannot really complain as I enjoyed it a few people did mention this as I was eating it .
Thank you. Noted

Slimneil

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 08, 2013, 08:26:58 pm by Slimneil »
Is it me also or are there no bins to put your rubbish in or is this a security thing ?.

twinkletoes

« Reply #23 on August 08, 2013, 08:28:18 pm by twinkletoes »
They need to address the quality of the reproduction of the Hot Dogs (Sausage sandwiches),  Burgers and the Pulled Pork sandwiches.

I addition, is it feasible to have on the counter, sauce bottles etc, to allow folk to put their own on? May be also onions. Or even move away to a side counter to put your own dressings on so you don't hold people up.

Better queuing system at the food kiosks to help people get through quicker.

I agree with the £2.50 chip scandal. Something has to give. The price or the quantity.   
Good points. Do you have any suggestions for a better queuing system?

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 08, 2013, 08:28:38 pm by scaley back rover »
i dont think i have ever seen a bin inside of a football ground now u mention it to be honest.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on August 08, 2013, 08:29:35 pm by dknward2 »
Loads in the west stand last season not looked this season

twinkletoes

« Reply #26 on August 08, 2013, 08:32:26 pm by twinkletoes »
The speed of service is far too slow even on tuesday night with a low crowd still took 15 mins (seriously rovers stand to lose alot of cash if this isnt sorted as folk want to see the whole second half not the last half hour) . Kids boxes when they come back in still need to be reasonably priced last season £3 was good value. Burger i had on sat was dryer than a stale loaf of bread in the desert . Maybe as has been raised on here before but vending machines for crisps, chocolate and pop need to be looked into as this will potentially shorten the queues. Also maybe prepare some of the hot drinks just before half time as they are redders anyhow and take a good ten mins to cool down (again shortining the wait for them) . Also where have the hawkers gone i noted last year that again queues were shorter.

Thanks for taking this up twinkletoes if i meet you in the concourse in the family stand i will buy you a beer , but not before the pipes are cleaned lol
Thank you I will have to carry a banner. ITTWT. In Twinkletoes we trust!! I'll take you up on the offer of a beer too. All points noted and on my list.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 08, 2013, 08:34:10 pm by River Don »
Speed of service.

It can't be too hard to be better prepared for halftime. There were huge queues at the bar at halftime. When I got to the front, I had to order and wait while they poured a pint. They should have had them poured and ready to go.

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 08, 2013, 08:34:22 pm by DubaiRover »
If buying a hot dog would help getting billy on board I would buy 2 and put them both in the bin if I could find one.

scaley back rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 08, 2013, 08:35:05 pm by scaley back rover »
cheers tt will defo get u that beer u will have earnt by the end of my list alone . just pm when and i will provide

TinyPortal © 2005-2012