Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 03:32:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tommy Spurr  (Read 12146 times)

colin cramb

• Forum Member
Tommy Spurr
« on August 15, 2013, 08:55:45 am by colin cramb »
Reading Tommy's interview in the DFP he says he wasn't offered a new contract after his ran out on the 31st of july, and was effectively working for free in pre season until the tuesday before the season started when Blackburn offered him a contract (also says its not a multi million pound contract)
Only when Blackburn offered him a deal and he'd had a medical did Rovers in return offer him a deal again stressing that its not about money as "I'll be on less than what I would have been had I stayed"
He goes on to say last season was the greatest of his career and it will take some beating and he really wanted to stay at Doncaster.

If this is true I can't believe we let him go, a great player who would be in our starting XI and if tied down would also command a decent transfer fee! Terrible management

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Tommy Spurr
« Reply #1 on August 15, 2013, 09:03:28 am by Bald Rover »
Always two sides to a story..................

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 15, 2013, 09:17:47 am by silent majority »
This is the same Tommy Spurr who told supporters at the Rossington game he had been offered a new contract?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 15, 2013, 09:21:17 am by Boomstick »
Yes, but I'm more inclined to believe tommy spurrs side of the story. Why would he lie. on the other hand Rovers have treated the fans APPALLINGLY this pre-season. the fans have been treated with contempt, and they wonder why the crowds are low.
Genuinely think its time for a regime change.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 15, 2013, 09:27:24 am by wing commander »
Broomstick....If you would just like to pop down to planet earth I would appreciate it..We are a small club who have had fantastic success over the last ten years and are punching well above our weight and you want a regime change...I'm guessing you weren't around for the twenty years before that when we mainly were fishing about in the bottom half of Div 4 with only the odd bit of success here and there and dodging the taxman... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 15, 2013, 09:32:30 am by Boomstick »
I've Been a fan for 20 years, I think it's you that needs to take the blinkers off. You've been brainwashed by the vsc. we are now a top level league 1/bottom level championship club. the past is the past. if what tommy spurr is saying is true, and I'm inclined to believe it over any thing the club or vsc director had to say, then it is appalling. looks like Rovers are treating the players as bad as the fans.
How the hell wasn't he offered a contract?!?? Answers please?!?!

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 15, 2013, 09:33:34 am by Jenny »
How have the club treated the fans appallingly?

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 15, 2013, 09:36:33 am by Boomstick »
By treating them like mushrooms, and with contempt. no one really knows what's going on behind the scenes. 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 15, 2013, 09:38:08 am by silent majority »
So the 'meet the owners forums' and 'open day' didn't happen then?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 15, 2013, 09:40:55 am by RedJ »
By treating them like mushrooms, and with contempt. no one really knows what's going on behind the scenes. 

So you expect them to tell us the intricate details of a very delicate process while it's still ongoing?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 15, 2013, 09:41:18 am by Rovers Return »
I've Been a fan for 20 years, I think it's you that needs to take the blinkers off. You've been brainwashed by the vsc. we are now a top level league 1/bottom level championship club. the past is the past. if what tommy spurr is saying is true, and I'm inclined to believe it over any thing the club or vsc director had to say, then it is appalling. looks like Rovers are treating the players as bad as the fans.
How the hell wasn't he offered a contract?!?? Answers please?!?!

I like your use of the word 'if'. Why on earth would you believe the word of an individual whom you don't personally know. Thank god your not a high court judge.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 15, 2013, 09:45:49 am by Filo »
So Tommy Spur tells everyone at the Rosso game he's been offered a contract, and then he tells everyone at the cricket match that he'll sign and is just waiting on the paperwork, and now a two Bob reporeter writes that Tommy was never offered a contract. So which one of Tommy's different story's do you believe Boomstick? I suspect it'll be the one that best suits your agenda!

DaveDRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 15, 2013, 09:46:19 am by DaveDRFC »
I really do not understand this belief that the fans need to know EVERYTHING that goes off behind the scenes. I think Rovers tell the fans a lot more than most clubs do, and certainly through IRWT and other initiatives they listen to and take on board the views of the fans a lot more than most. But then I'm a VSC director, so why would you listen to me?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 15, 2013, 09:48:37 am by silent majority »
RR,

It's the mindset of quite a few rovers fans, they sit by their keyboards waiting for the opportunity to be negative about something, any opportunity is seized upon as they are desperate to find evidence of disrespect. Balanced view? Mature approach?

No, there just has to be a conspiracy somewhere.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 15, 2013, 09:50:04 am by DonnyNoel »
Change the regime that has twice took us to the second tier (which is increasingly like a Premiership 2 in my eyes) which we hadn't got to in 50 years, moved us to a new ground, started to run the stadium to a profit etc?

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 15, 2013, 09:50:14 am by Bald Rover »
Tommy Spurr told me in person he had the contract offer and it was just having time to sit with PD and sign.......now allegedly hes saying there was no contract.....so what did you say you believe?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 15, 2013, 09:51:56 am by the vicar »
Tommy told me and my son at rosso that he was signing on the Monday and lots of others heard him to
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:57:22 am by the vicar »

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 15, 2013, 09:54:00 am by knockers »
Boomstick, I would suggest that you apply for the stadium management position if you want to know everything.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 15, 2013, 09:58:14 am by Filo »
I suppose Tommy felt the need to justify why he left, it's an easy get out blaming some one else, especially blaming the club that gave him his greatest career moment to date! Tommy should have shown the club some respect instead of bleating to a two bob reporter that likes to stir some shit!

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 15, 2013, 09:59:10 am by Boomstick »
Boomstick, I would suggest that you apply for the stadium management position if you want to know everything.
Wake up, my point is that we as fans literally know NOTHING.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 15, 2013, 10:00:53 am by RedJ »

Not really. Most of what you were wanting to know, we couldn't know either because transfers hadn't been completed (yet we moaned when M'Voto went after we said we'd virtually signed him!) or because the takeover process was in motion, which as I say is too delicate to reveal all the details to fans surely.

#TinfoilHatBarmyArmy eh boomstick

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 15, 2013, 10:14:56 am by IDM »

Have you bought your ticket yet for Friday's game, if not, why not, and you'd better tell us all when you do as we have a right to know eh????

No, we don't have the right to know nor do we need to know all the internal goings on at the club...  Not knowing what goes on behind the scenes is not being treated appalingly.  This club does engage with the fans, as others have said.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 15, 2013, 10:29:11 am by GazLaz »
Spurr should have signed a contract or been released a month before he left. Everything in pre season dragged on far too long. The fact his contract was left to expire was a joke.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 15, 2013, 10:33:16 am by Colin C No.3 »

I'm sure the supporters of Coventry & Leeds Urinals would empathise with you on that point. Actually no, they'd probably tell you "You don't know you're born pal"!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 15, 2013, 10:36:37 am by GazLaz »
Silent Majority the VSC spin doctor.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 15, 2013, 10:38:30 am by Yargo »
Eh?

Milepostuk

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 15, 2013, 10:42:08 am by Milepostuk »
Spurr should have signed a contract or been released a month before he left. Everything in pre season dragged on far too long. The fact his contract was left to expire was a joke.

I suspect it was left to expire was because we did not know which league we would be in and he would have been too expensive to spend another season in L1.

I do agree though with some of whats been said. We don't have anything like the squad at present that I was expecting given some of the quotes attributed to the Keepmoat over the summer.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on August 15, 2013, 10:43:00 am by silent majority »

You need to explain that one to me gaz.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 15, 2013, 10:48:35 am by GazLaz »
Spin Doctor-
Noun
A spokesperson employed to give a favorable interpretation of events to the media (fans) esp. on behalf of a political party (football club).

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 15, 2013, 10:49:42 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Nothing? I thought we had at least three versons of Spurr's leaving, that's a hell of a nothing..!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012