Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:56:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Cash Turnstile Update!!  (Read 3764 times)

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
Cash Turnstile Update!!
« on August 15, 2013, 11:41:41 am by SLO@DRFC »
As part of the In Rovers We Trust project Doncaster Rovers have introduced cash turnstiles in the Polypipe Stand (South) for all home league games.
Blackburn Rovers

An unreserved seating area of over 400 seats has been made available for those using the cash turnstiles allowing supporters to attend games without having to purchase tickets directly from the ticket office.

Constructive feedback through the Viking Supporters Co-operative and our Supporter Liaison Officers though has identified issues that arose from a system of having 3 turnstiles exclusively for pay on the gate with the remaining 2 turnstiles being used exclusively for advance ticket purchases.

Consequently the club have made the decision to change the cash turnstile system for league match days as follows;-

From tomorrow supporters will be able to “pay on the gate” through five turnstiles in the Polypipe Stand as described below;

Turnstile 12 - Seniors
Turnstile 13 - U12
Turnstile 14 - Adults
Turnstile 15 - Juniors
Turnstile 16 - Young Person

In addition season ticket holders and advance match ticket purchases will be able to go through any of the turnstiles listed above and are encouraged to choose the turnstile available with the smallest queue at the time.

The exception to this change will be 5 or 10 match package holders, who will still have to swap their voucher for a match ticket at the ticket office initially.

This is due to the multi-game tickets only using the lettered vouchers, which are also present in all the season ticket books and therefore impossible to identify a multi-game voucher to a season ticket voucher at point of entry.

This will be reviewed next year in order to ensure multi-game ticket holders can enter the stadium through the cash turnstile without the need to visit the ticket office.

The club thank fans for their continued patience as we make these changes to ensure the cash turnstile facility is deemed a success by all parties.

Remember there is only a limited amount of seats available for supporters wishing to use pay on the gate and is allocated on a first come first serve basis. The only way to guarantee your seat for the game is buy online or from the ticket office prior to kick off.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Cash Turnstile Update!!
« Reply #1 on August 15, 2013, 11:50:03 am by IDM »
Perhaps this is a daft question, but won't the turnstile plan above mean that a parent and his/her children may need to use separate gates?  I know they are close together but queues may move at different rates.

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 15, 2013, 01:14:29 pm by SLO@DRFC »
Perhaps this is a daft question, but won't the turnstile plan above mean that a parent and his/her children may need to use separate gates?  I know they are close together but queues may move at different rates.

While the plan does mean that a child and adult will have to use seperate queues there is a steward and usually an SLO monitoring the turnstile queues who will be available to assist you and find a solution.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 15, 2013, 01:26:43 pm by IDM »
OK thanks - not an issue for me just was a general thought.

derbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 15, 2013, 02:38:34 pm by derbyrover »
How much is it on the cash turnstile?

Is it still £21 for tomorrow night or is it more? Thinking of getting the train straight after work but not sure, probably be a last minute decision.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 15, 2013, 02:56:11 pm by RobTheRover »
Yes, same price, derbyrover.

CraigyBoy

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 15, 2013, 03:41:12 pm by CraigyBoy »
Good idea. Might help create some atmosphere.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 15, 2013, 03:56:22 pm by MrFrost »
Sorry but I wouldn't be comfortable putting my 3 year old in a seperate queue to myself.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 15, 2013, 04:56:20 pm by IDM »
That's what I was getting at MrFrost. 

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 15, 2013, 05:01:27 pm by silent majority »
Sorry but I wouldn't be comfortable putting my 3 year old in a seperate queue to myself.

That's why the staff are there, they take both your tickets and allow you through the same gate.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 15, 2013, 05:06:12 pm by IDM »
He means the cash gates - the OS specifies different spectator categories for each gate, and implies kids have to use separate gates to parents.  Not an issue for say a 10 year old or older, but as Frosty says, you wouldn't separate from a 3 year old would you?

Let's hope commons sense applies.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 15, 2013, 05:20:03 pm by Jenny »
I imagine that if they take cash at the same gate for all ages it becomes very difficult to reconcile the cash etc?

When I was younger (a lot younger!) I always had to go through a separate turnstyle to my mum, standard practice.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 15, 2013, 05:29:58 pm by Nudga »
I imagine that if they take cash at the same gate for all ages it becomes very difficult to reconcile the cash etc?

When I was younger (a lot younger!) I always had to go through a separate turnstyle to my mum, standard practice.

Maybe that was her choice, she could have been trying to lose you.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 15, 2013, 05:32:22 pm by donnievic »

what you mean like most other grounds where they use desperate turnstiles for adults and kids

derbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 15, 2013, 05:42:28 pm by derbyrover »
Yes, same price, derbyrover.
Cheers RTR looks like im finishing work early so i'll be there
These cash turnstiles are making it a lot easier for the last minute fans.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 15, 2013, 05:57:18 pm by RobTheRover »
Good lad,  Derby.

nice one rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 15, 2013, 06:20:03 pm by nice one rovers »
Why not?

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 15, 2013, 06:24:32 pm by SLO@DRFC »

Hi Mr Frost;

You can put your child in the same queue as yourself and as you get close to the front tell the steward (who is always available outside the turnstiles) your situation and he should be able to assist so you can both go through the different turnstiles (located next to each other and a foot apart) at the same time.

The club understand that cash turnstiles may not be ideal for everyone and that is why there is only a limited amount of tickets and if you feel that strongly that you can't use the cash turnstiles because of your situation then you can still buy tickets from the ticket office.

Thanks

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 15, 2013, 06:26:42 pm by Muttley »
Any plans to open cash turnstiles in the West Stand?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 15, 2013, 06:53:18 pm by MrFrost »

Hi Mr Frost;

You can put your child in the same queue as yourself and as you get close to the front tell the steward (who is always available outside the turnstiles) your situation and he should be able to assist so you can both go through the different turnstiles (located next to each other and a foot apart) at the same time.

The club understand that cash turnstiles may not be ideal for everyone and that is why there is only a limited amount of tickets and if you feel that strongly that you can't use the cash turnstiles because of your situation then you can still buy tickets from the ticket office.

Thanks

Is there a specific reason why a child and adult cannot use the same cash turnstile?

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 15, 2013, 07:13:15 pm by SLO@DRFC »
Any plans to open cash turnstiles in the West Stand?

Not at the moment, sorry

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 15, 2013, 10:55:04 pm by donnievic »

Hi Mr Frost;

Thanks

Is there a specific reason why a child and adult cannot use the same cash turnstile?
whats to stop a gate person fiddling and say that's 2 children go through the gate instead of a adult and child every time

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 16, 2013, 12:12:08 am by MrFrost »

Hi Mr Frost;

Thanks

whats to stop a gate person fiddling and sayicket  that's 2 children go through the gate instead of a adult and child every time

Simple. An adult ticket is issued for the adult, and a child ticket for the child. It would flag up then with any mismatch in tickets sold.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 16, 2013, 02:06:55 pm by DRNaith »
A great initiative set up here, well done to all involved.

Looks like a system that will genuinely assist a large number of Rovers fans.

Good stuff!

:clapping:

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 16, 2013, 06:59:49 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Hi Mr Frost;

Thanks

whats to stop a gate person fiddling and sayicket  that's 2 children go through the gate instead of a adult and child every time

Simple. An adult ticket is issued for the adult, and a child ticket for the child. It would flag up then with any mismatch in tickets sold.

They're trying to provide a service to the fans who favour cash turnstile without adding complication for the turnstile operator.  Hence one ticket value per gate.

I do understand the issue anyone with a young child would have but if you're not satisfied with the steward assistance on offer then just go and buy tickets.... but then I see a flaw in that suggestion for mr Frost.

German Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 16, 2013, 08:33:07 pm by German Rover »
it wasn't a problem at belle vue, when i was a lad I used to go in through a different turnstile to my dad and it was no issue then. 7

Its a shame people look for reasons to complain when there is nothing there

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 16, 2013, 09:42:27 pm by not on facebook »
it wasn't a problem at belle vue, when i was a lad I used to go in through a different turnstile to my dad and it was no issue then. 7

Its a shame people look for reasons to complain when there is nothing there

Used to climb into away end right next to the pop side bogs which was one bricked Unit spilt down the middle with wire fence.

Once in rosso  end bogs i would transfer into home via the pissing troff

Big MAC

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 16, 2013, 10:22:25 pm by Big MAC »
Got home late after a five hour drive, no tickets normally would not have gone but thought I would give pay on the gate a go.
Dead easy, good seat behind the goal, and the best game I've been to for ages!!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 16, 2013, 10:46:15 pm by glosterred »
So how did it go tonight with the pay on the gate?

COYR

:scarf:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 17, 2013, 07:48:41 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Looked good to me and the south stand seems livelier with it this season too.

No queues getting in tonight so the slight tweaks helped.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012