Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:41:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Personal Agendas  (Read 2051 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Personal Agendas
« on August 16, 2013, 12:53:00 pm by belton rover »
Are going to kill this forum. I appreciate these are testing times for all supporters of the club, and that there is genuine concern for the future of DRFC, but it seems to me that the interests of our club are becoming secondary to personal satisfaction.

Some of the language aimed at other posters has been offensive and has needed to be addressed. However, just because someone may be well educated or have a better grasp of the English language, doesn't always mean they are less insulting.

Perhaps the VSC is a victim of its own success when it comes to the forum. Is it possible for a group like the VSC to have a genuine say within DRFC and have a forum to discuss 'all things red and white hooped' on the virtual terraces? I don't know.

My reasons for logging on over the years have been for entertainment. Predominantly Rovers based, but still to entertain by reading ineresting, insightful and bloody funny posts. The range of fans' ages and IQs should, and has in the past, added to that entertainment.

I know I've had a pop at mods and other posters occasionally, and believe me, I would never even consider taking on such a thankless role. But I will be desperately sad to see the forum fold, or even for it not to get back to how it once was.

A cheesy note to end on, but let's not forget the ONE reason why we are all here.

We love our club.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SoundbiteBarmyArmy

• Forum Member
Re: Personal Agendas
« Reply #1 on August 16, 2013, 01:01:34 pm by SoundbiteBarmyArmy »
Are going to kill this forum. I appreciate these are testing times for all supporters of the club, and that there is genuine concern for the future of DRFC, but it seems to me that the interests of our club are becoming secondary to personal satisfaction.

Some of the language aimed at other posters has been offensive and has needed to be addressed. However, just because someone may be well educated or have a better grasp of the English language, doesn't always mean they are less insulting.

Perhaps the VSC is a victim of its own success when it comes to the forum. Is it possible for a group like the VSC to have a genuine say within DRFC and have a forum to discuss 'all things red and white hooped' on the virtual terraces? I don't know.

My reasons for logging on over the years have been for entertainment. Predominantly Rovers based, but still to entertain by reading ineresting, insightful and bloody funny posts. The range of fans' ages and IQs should, and has in the past, added to that entertainment.

I know I've had a pop at mods and other posters occasionally, and believe me, I would never even consider taking on such a thankless role. But I will be desperately sad to see the forum fold, or even for it not to get back to how it once was.

A cheesy note to end on, but let's not forget the ONE reason why we are all here.

We love our club.

I don't get it, we have just won the League 1 title with a team with unbelievable team spirit and togetherness. We are, once again, at the highest peak our club has ever played at. How are these testing times? Why aren't we enjoying it?  :blink:

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 16, 2013, 01:06:08 pm by silent majority »
Something to bear in mind though, this forum is more popular than at any time in its history, just check the hit rate for last month.

However we are incredibly frustrated that the forum is taking up too much of our time and is diverting us from what we see as the tasks at hand.

We do need to regulate more keenly, we have attracted several noisy posters who are spoiling things for everyone else. I will not apologise for being tough on those who seek to abuse fellow posters, mods, or the vsc.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 16, 2013, 02:11:46 pm by Wellred »
Something to bear in mind though, this forum is more popular than at any time in its history, just check the hit rate for last month.

However we are incredibly frustrated that the forum is taking up too much of our time and is diverting us from what we see as the tasks at hand.

We do need to regulate more keenly, we have attracted several noisy posters who are spoiling things for everyone else. I will not apologise for being tough on those who seek to abuse fellow posters, mods, or the vsc.

In that case maybe the time has come to separate the "fans" forum from being the mouthpiece of the VSC.
I am not saying that in any way meaning to be derogatory to the VSC but it would be nice to have a non political forum as Belton Rover alludes to.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 16, 2013, 02:21:56 pm by not on facebook »
For the life Of me i can never quite understand why anyone gets upset over whats Been put up on a Internett forum or the meltdown that Follows up whatever some Else belives in wrong or right.

Most stuff on comes in under the football umbrella,but if you ever go into the off topic section there has Been some Threads on there where opinions differ,but you never read any vile or slur comments ....

....maybe because off topic is non football

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 16, 2013, 02:24:24 pm by silent majority »
Wellred,

Well there's always differences of opinion and Belton is asking if its possible to be successful at both, I think it is. The reason I believe, is because we have been good at steering the VSC in the right direction (a complete u turn to be honest) that has reflected itself in the forum gaining popularity. Our critics are those who cant see what we've done or don't want to.

Not sure what you mean by political though, we're hardly forming a government any-time soon.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 16, 2013, 02:32:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

In that case maybe the time has come to separate the "fans" forum from being the mouthpiece of the VSC.
I am not saying that in any way meaning to be derogatory to the VSC but it would be nice to have a non political forum as Belton Rover alludes to.

The most 'political' thread we've had for quite some time was the one that had to be removed. That was started by a fan, how would you have treated it?

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 16, 2013, 04:35:34 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
When will the personal agendas be posted?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 16, 2013, 04:36:55 pm by RedJ »
When will the personal agendas be posted?

Only when it suits.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 16, 2013, 04:39:24 pm by Dagenham Rover »
you

Sheepskin Stu

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 16, 2013, 04:39:59 pm by Sheepskin Stu »
sir.

River Don