Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 10:31:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Owen Coyle  (Read 2925 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
Owen Coyle
« on August 21, 2013, 12:50:12 am by Copps is Magic »
Here we go again another manager on a different planet. If you are a player subscriber go and watch his interview on Wigan player..

I will give you a little taster. He starts with "it was 3 points dropped for us", they dominated the game, our goals were soft and our team predictable.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

newyankee

• VSC Member
Re: Owen Coyle
« Reply #1 on August 21, 2013, 01:58:52 am by newyankee »

What a waste of space. Again, not one word of how well the opposition played, we gave up two silly goals, we should have won, we dominated the game. What a first class Scottish pillock.
From what I heard they could have gone in four down at half time and when Khumalo hit the post they should have been three down straight after half time.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 21, 2013, 04:21:05 am by PDX_Rover »
We should a section in the fanzines about the excuses from opposing managers... TLO Donny.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 21, 2013, 07:06:23 am by DearneValleyRover »
We should a section in the fanzines about the excuses from opposing managers... TLO Donny.
[/quote]
 :that:

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 21, 2013, 08:07:33 am by donnievic »
Lets be fair it was 2 points dropped for them against little old donny,thought we was superb last night again but on another night they could have had 6.had us under cosh for most of 2nd half and although we hit the woodwork twice.we really did miss wellens when he went off and both theo and browny was knackered at the end with the work rate they put in.deffo a point gained for us even if we were 2-0

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 21, 2013, 08:17:38 am by Rios »
Lets be fair it was 2 points dropped for them against little old donny,thought we was superb last night again but on another night they could have had 6.had us under cosh for most of 2nd half and although we hit the woodwork twice.we really did miss wellens when he went off and both theo and browny was knackered at the end with the work rate they put in.deffo a point gained for us even if we were 2-0

I have to agree.  I'm not sure why we get so upset when opposing managers point out the blatantly obvious.  They battered us in the second half due to Wellens going off and we tired badly in the last fifteen minutes.  They could have had a bucket load if they'd been any good at finishing and should have had a cast iron penalty in the first half too.  They are the favourites to win the division against the favourites to go down, at home with a squad that cost ten times what our did to assemble... of course it was two points dropped for them.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 21, 2013, 08:19:49 am by Wellred »

I have to agree.  I'm not sure why we get so upset when opposing managers point out the blatantly obvious.  They battered us in the second half due to Wellens going off and we tired badly in the last fifteen minutes.  They could have had a bucket load if they'd been any good at finishing and should have had a cast iron penalty in the first half too.  They are the favourites to win the division against the favourites to go down, at home with a squad that cost ten times what our did to assemble... of course it was two points dropped for them.

Not sure where you saw a cast iron penalty.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 21, 2013, 08:57:44 am by PaulRover08 »

I must have been at a different game. 2-2 was the fair result and certainly didn't see a second half battering from them. 50% possession each apparently and we hit woodwork twice, Furman just wide, Theo over the bar from 6 yards and endless Cotts shots. Yes they had chances too but hardly a battering.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 21, 2013, 09:01:31 am by roverssam1879 »
That ''predictable'' that he couldnt come up with a winning tactic to offset ours...

div!

Rios

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 21, 2013, 09:04:02 am by Rios »

That'll be where Holt was hauled down in the box at a corner after about 10 or 15 minutes.  It was a penalty all day long.

I must have been at a different game. 2-2 was the fair result and certainly didn't see a second half battering from them. 50% possession each apparently and we hit woodwork twice, Furman just wide, Theo over the bar from 6 yards and endless Cotts shots. Yes they had chances too but hardly a battering.

Crikey if you're counting Cotts shots as a show of our competitiveness then you're grasping.  They had long periods of posession in the second half whereas we played much of it on the break.  There's nothing wrong with that, after all they're the home team and we were defending a lead but to try and make out it was an even second half is rose tinted.  I agree though that 2-2 was a fair result, although I was pissed that we let it slip at the end as we'd withstood pretty much everything they'd thrown at us (apart from one poorly defended free kick) and made them look pretty ordinary.

Having seen that performance and the one against Blackburn, if we can continue along that vain all season I'll be really surprised if we are anywhere near the bottom come April.

PaulRover08

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 21, 2013, 09:09:28 am by PaulRover08 »

That'll be where Holt was hauled down in the box at a corner after about 10 or 15 minutes.  It was a penalty all day long.

Crikey if you're counting Cotts shots as a show of our competitiveness then you're grasping.  They had long periods of posession in the second half whereas we played much of it on the break.  There's nothing wrong with that, after all they're the home team and we were defending a lead but to try and make out it was an even second half is rose tinted.  I agree though that 2-2 was a fair result, although I was pissed that we let it slip at the end as we'd withstood pretty much everything they'd thrown at us (apart from one poorly defended free kick) and made them look pretty ordinary.

Having seen that performance and the one against Blackburn, if we can continue along that vain all season I'll be really surprised if we are anywhere near the bottom come April.

Where did I say it was an even second half? I said it was hardly a battering and we had chances. The term battering suggests we couldn't do anything but try to defend. Not the case. Like it or not, when a winger cuts in multiple times and shoots without pressure on him from 20 yards those are half chances and the other attempts listed were very good chances. 50% possession was over the 90 minutes and the 2-2 was a fair result over the piece. Not rose tinted at all.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 21, 2013, 09:58:00 am by Wellred »

Takes a lot to haul that fat b****d down in the box. Well maybe not he goes down at every opportunity. He couldn't possibly have been tussling with our defender looking for a penalty could he? Nooo surely not.
I would still have him in our side mind.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 21, 2013, 10:15:39 am by steve@dcfd »
Only for his goals, but not for his overall play. Chris Brown was far superior last night. Owne Coyle talks about quality, yes they have, but have the gift of £23m from the premier league to sustain that quality. But second half was not Alamo we defend and broke on the attack. I think he must have forgot we hit the post and crossbar second half.  Get over the penalty decision it was not given you win some you lose some, we had plenty.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 21, 2013, 11:50:56 am by LincsRover »
I thought it was an exciting, open game with 2 sides both going for a win and either team could have nicked it. Ultimately a draw was a fair result and one I would have snatched your hand off for before the game. A bit of praise and humility from mr coyle wouldn't have hurt, but what do you expect from a manager who could leave burnley to go to Bolton, nearly as unforgivable as Birmingham to villa, but no one would do that......would they??!!

:rtid:

not on facebook

• Forum Member
So the gobshite Of the week award Goes to....
« Reply #14 on August 21, 2013, 11:55:31 am by not on facebook »
...wigans manager owen coyle...

This bloke is not worth his salt

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Re: So the gobshite Of the week award Goes to....
« Reply #15 on August 21, 2013, 12:00:33 pm by LincsRover »
Depends if we're still in the same week as the Blackburn game cos their manager was even more deluded and more of a gobsh*te than the kitson that is coyle! And to think some of us wanted him as our manager - I stand corrected and admit I know naaaaaaaaaaaaaathing!

:rtid:

neil grainger

« Reply #16 on August 21, 2013, 01:09:25 pm by neil grainger »
Here's a slightly more gracious account of our performance from the Wigan fans' forum:

The 2 centre halves of Donny were outstanding tonight they defended for there lives, we must of put in 50+ crosses and they dealt with 95% of them.
They came to play and sometimes made it look like we had 10 men, they also played some route one with the big fella a proper handful.
There midfield won all the second ball and bossed most of the game.
We try to play out from the back but boy do we not look comfortable so then Carson starts to kick a lot, Maloney is the stand out player by a country mile winger or not and the difference when Fortune came on was massive.
All in all not good to watch but a better second half, it`s going to be a long season well done Doncaster for a well deserved point :/
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:11:51 pm by neil grainger »

MiKA

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 21, 2013, 01:13:12 pm by MiKA »
Here's a slightly more gracious account of our performance from the Wigan fans' forum:

The 2 centre halves of Donny were outstanding tonight they defended for there lives, we must of put in 50+ crosses and they dealt with 95% of them.
They came to play and sometimes made it look like we had 10 men, they also played some route one with the big fella a proper handful.
There midfield won all the second ball and bossed most of the game.
We try to play out from the back but boy do we not look comfortable so then Carson starts to kick a lot, Maloney is the stand out player by a country mile winger or not and the difference when Fortune came on was massive.
All in all not good to watch but a better second half, it`s going to be a long season well done Doncaster for a well deserved point :/

Now there you have a good and honest fan, well done that man      :clapping:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012