Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:31:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pay on the Gate Turnstiles  (Read 1452 times)

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
Pay on the Gate Turnstiles
« on September 16, 2013, 05:12:57 pm by SLO@DRFC »
The club has been aware of one or two minor issues on the cash turnstiles in the South Stand during the early games of this season.  In constantly striving to improve this facility the club has today received a new batch of tickets for use on these turnstiles.  These new tickets mean that there will now no longer be a shortfall on particular pricing categories.

Please don't forget however, that tickets available on all cash gates are limited to 416 so please arrive early if you wish to use this facility. 

If you have any further feedback regarding the cash turnstiles and/or your matchday experience at the Keepmoat, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us either via this message board, email at supporterliaison@doncasterroversfc.co.uk or by tweeting us using the hashtag #ASKYOURSLOs.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

rovinrover52

• Forum Member
Re: Pay on the Gate Turnstiles
« Reply #1 on September 16, 2013, 05:39:15 pm by rovinrover52 »
When the East stands section of the ground is not occupied by away fans why not open it for cash turnstiles then special tickets would not be needed as unreserved seating could come into play and then all the SIA licence holders would have to stay at their posts rather than congregating there and looking as they are getting paid for nothing

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 16, 2013, 05:43:03 pm by SLO@DRFC »
When the East stands section of the ground is not occupied by away fans why not open it for cash turnstiles then special tickets would not be needed as unreserved seating could come into play and then all the SIA licence holders would have to stay at their posts rather than congregating there and looking as they are getting paid for nothing

If the South Stand cash turnstiles prove successful, we are sure that the club will extend the cash turnstile availability to other stands.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 16, 2013, 08:07:38 pm by normal rules »
so how many have used this facility so far - surely the club have the numbers?

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 16, 2013, 08:44:00 pm by SLO@DRFC »
so how many have used this facility so far - surely the club have the numbers?

Between 150 - 200 have used the cash turnstiles each league game

SLO@DRFC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on September 16, 2013, 11:24:42 pm by SLO@DRFC »

The Cash Gates in the South Stand are already for a special unreserved area. The reason why new tickets are being used is to prevent the problem which occurred against Rochdale when the Adult "Cash gate" tickets sold out but the U11s hadn't which required someone to take some of the U11 tickets to the Ticket Office (10 minutes before Kick Off) and print off more Adult tickets so the club didn't sell more tickets than seats available in that area.

As for the numbers above the club are happy with the amount of people using them considering it is only available for a certain section of the South Stand and the Cash Turnstiles did sell out in its entirety for the Rochdale game.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on September 16, 2013, 11:40:59 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think now the club have got to grips with it, it may be time to look at extending it to the West and East stands (B areas), with may be 150 on each side.

Looking at the seating plan and ST take up, it shouldn't be too difficult to identify suitable areas.

It may also help us with this. A Friend of mine had a lad lined up to come to the Forest Game. The thought of having to sit on his own put him off. If there was an unreserved area where you could move to without having to worry about being in somebody's seat might help.   

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 17, 2013, 02:04:16 pm by Jenny »
I think now the club have got to grips with it, it may be time to look at extending it to the West and East stands (B areas), with may be 150 on each side.

Looking at the seating plan and ST take up, it shouldn't be too difficult to identify suitable areas.

It may also help us with this. A Friend of mine had a lad lined up to come to the Forest Game. The thought of having to sit on his own put him off. If there was an unreserved area where you could move to without having to worry about being in somebody's seat might help.   
I think the cash turnstiles are a great idea and I am glad that people are using them.

However, I also think people need to have a bit of common sense too. If the thought of sitting alone is what is putting someone off coming to a stadium which on the whole will be almost half empty, I can't help but think that they must be a bit daft!

I haven't sat in my allocated seat once this season, and I haven't been asked to move from anyone elses either.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012