Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:51:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Are we too confident going into the Wednesday match?  (Read 1969 times)

Red Rover

• Forum Member
Are we too confident going into the Wednesday match?
« on September 27, 2013, 08:39:33 am by Red Rover »
Not much to separate us in the league, we are playing on their patch. It seems that there are a lot of people thinking we are going to just turn up and take the 3 points, I personally don't think it'll be as easy as that. Even the Free Press is stating we are favourites going into it. Let's hope the players don't take anything for granted. :boxing:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Are we too confident going into the Wednesday match?
« Reply #1 on September 27, 2013, 08:49:55 am by idler »
Anybody with any sense is cautiously optimistic at best.
Wednesday will be looking at this as a game that they can get something from. We can get something if we play as we can but will they let us.
It's a massive game, three points really help either side.

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 27, 2013, 08:50:21 am by andysly »
Yes far too overconfident.
We've only won once in 7 league games, we've no right to go into this thinking its a gimme.
We've played pretty well in most games, but the last time there was this expectancy of 3 points we were crap and lost against Bournemouth.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 27, 2013, 08:58:43 am by DonnyNoel »
I'll admit I'm a bit nervous. It's still early days but for me we've played well this season (barring Bournemouth) and in my mind the only reason we're not higher up is due to the teams we've played against. If we play the way we have for most of the season (which is something we have to earn the right to do away from home) then we should pick up three points. What makes me nervous would be playing well and losing which would stir unpleasant memories of our first 6 months at this level in 08/09.

So whilst I'm not taking anything for granted, I think we're good enough to go there and win.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 27, 2013, 09:46:14 am by Bentley Bullet »
I'm confident we'll destroy them, to the point of being over confident. Hope the players aren't in the same frame of mind!

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 27, 2013, 10:05:05 am by Pintolager »
One reason why some fans are over confident could be because a number of Wednesday fans are fearing the worst and think we will win there. I am confident we can get a result there, but like others on here, I am cautious of what can happen on the day.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 27, 2013, 10:11:08 am by not on facebook »
Fcuk it ,iam quite enjoying that for a Change i Expect rovers to win instead Of crapping me sen in face Of defeat.

The only way i can see sheff weds getting all the pts is if they manage to Get a new forward in on loan

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 27, 2013, 10:45:14 am by steve@dcfd »
The only way i can see sheff weds getting all the pts is if they manage to Get a new forward in on loan

Wednesday in talks with Matt Fryatt at Hull could be a done deal today.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 27, 2013, 10:46:49 am by Donnyrovers »
Some fans are far too confident like after the first 2 games of the season fans were saying on here can we make the play offs. Tomorrow is a very hard game because both teams will fancy their chances, I think we might just edge it 2-1 just because they lack a goalscorer at the minute. But apart from the Birmingham game they have been hard to beat drawing their previous 4 games and loosing the other 3 by only 1 goal so we will have to play well to get the 3 points.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 27, 2013, 10:53:06 am by not on facebook »
Some fans are far too confident like after the first 2 games of the season fans were saying on here can we make the play offs. Tomorrow is a very hard game because both teams will fancy their chances, I think we might just edge it 2-1 just because they lack a goalscorer at the minute. But apart from the Birmingham game they have been hard to beat drawing their previous 4 games and loosing the other 3 by only 1 goal so we will have to play well to get the 3 points.

Confidence will win This game as rovers still have it by the bags full as Owls are lacking it

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 27, 2013, 11:07:09 am by not on facebook »
How does that sheff weds song go

.....more like singing the blues rovers win wednesday lose oh rovers you got me singing the blues....

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on September 27, 2013, 11:10:56 am by Donnyrovers »
But now Sheff Wed have signed Fryatt because it looks a done deal it means they can put Antonio back out on the wing and with the pace they have in him and Jermain Johnson it will make it hard and is a local derby so form goes out the window IMO and anything can happen.

roverssam1879

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 27, 2013, 11:12:34 am by roverssam1879 »
Pretty sure the players and team mood doesnt always reflect on how our mood is.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 27, 2013, 11:25:28 am by not on facebook »
But now Sheff Wed have signed Fryatt because it looks a done deal it means they can put Antonio back out on the wing and with the pace they have in him and Jermain Johnson it will make it hard and is a local derby so form goes out the window IMO and anything can happen.

Jones will not start him as he will not be match fit and bring him on When Its far too late.....

....i hope

DOnt want him doing a Theo Robinson

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: (No subject)
« Reply #14 on September 27, 2013, 12:21:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
There's no way Rob Jones will take this game as routine. He holds no grudges but I hope he performs and shows he is good at this level. It will be perfect if he and Macheda get on the scoresheet. Look what you could have had!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 27, 2013, 12:57:23 pm by RedJ »
I highly doubt Dickov would let them go into the game overconfident.

As for the fans, maybe we are, but even if we are it's not exactly going to hinder the boys.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on September 27, 2013, 01:51:45 pm by drfcsteve »
Our wingers will have to do some defending and not just let Johnson and Antonio constantly run at Husband and Wabara all game, that won't end well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012