Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:44:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Disscussion on Your football bets  (Read 3807 times)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Disscussion on Your football bets
« on October 11, 2013, 12:46:59 pm by not on facebook »
1.....whats the most you have Won ?

2.....do you bet on rovers often?

3.....do you have a bogey team that you Stay Well clear from

had £100  on rovers to win at Leeds the first time we played them
At Elland road with odds Of 4/1 on donny win.0-1 to doncaster.

Also had a 6 game accumulator out Here where i raked back in
Just over £400.thought i had lost the bet as me first five came in and then Barnsley lost Their game which fcuked my bet up.

Thing was i had atcually put doncaster to win at swindon to which they did 1-2 i think.

It was not untill i was heading out Of the pub that i took the betting slip out Of my pocket to Throw away When i gave it a quick glance and spotted that i had back donny and not Barnsley.was happy as pig in Muck and went back into pub.

As a rule i never really back rovers as you tend to back with Your Heart not facts that stare you in the face,hence the confussion with the bet above.

But the first game at Elland road i just knew rovers would win due to it Been the first game there for yonks and thr odds Of 4/1 were too good to miss.

As for my bogey team it has to be Newcastle utd,as they have fcuked up my bets no end Of times.whatever result i put down in a Newcastle game home or away they will do the opposite .so Now i never back them

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jenny

• VSC Member
Re: Disscussion on Your football bets
« Reply #1 on October 11, 2013, 01:04:26 pm by Jenny »
I very rarely place bets, especially where Rovers are concerned because I then can't enjoy the game.

I had a small amount on Rovers to beat Arsenal when we went on the League Cup run, 1-0 with McIndoe to score. That small amount would have paid for my groups season tickets the following season. As you can imagine, when McIndoe scored after 4 minutes I spent the rest of the first half until the equaliser encouraging Rovers not to attack. I couldn't enjoy the game once there was a significant amount of money on it.

Most recently I had a tenner on Rovers to beat Wigan, the odds were too good to ignore. So I think i'm quids in at half time, the £60 profit would cover my costs for the evening (I had quite a bit to drink that night!) and everyone would be happy. Andy told me that I should put a couple of quid on the draw, meaning I would get at least my stake back (including the additional stake) but I went with my heart, I didn't want to back us not to win and ultimately it cost me my tenner and I was more disappointed than I would have been had I listened...

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 11, 2013, 01:07:26 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Mugs game

not on facebook

• Forum Member

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 11, 2013, 01:21:20 pm by DonnyNoel »
I used to win a fair amount on in play bets where a team is losing heavily at half time.

Liverpool vs Milan Euro Final
Middlesbrough in the UEFA cup
One years ago where City were 3-0 down at Spurs and down to 10 men.
All have given me significant wins off £5 (maximum stakes).

I also randomly pocketed close to £200 on Brazil 2-1 England/first goal Owen in 2002. Also £4 (steady) on Rovers to win L2 in 03/04 at 25/1. I can't explain my wins - just luck. Like the time I had a LLeyton Hewitt/Serena Williams double to win Wimbledon one year - the one and only time I've ever bet on tennis but got me close to £100 off a fiver.

Sadly now bookies push in play markets more than anything the odds are terrible on comeback wins so I tend not to bother other than a £2 acca every now and then although I steer well clear of championship games. Far too unpredictable.

The only time, for my shame, I have ever bet against Rovers was the 1-0 home defeat to Yeovil around New Years Day one season under Penney. As soon as I learned we'd re-signed Adam Hughes just for that game I had a fiver on Yeovil to win 1-0 at 11/1.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 11, 2013, 01:22:28 pm by Mike_F »
I backed Rovers 1-0 at Bellend Rd in that game and quite enjoyed walking round to the booky's window to collect my winnings after the match.

I only had a fiver at 8-1 but it was made all the more pleasurable walking past a load of sullen Leeds fans!

I've never won more than a hundred quid on the football and don't gamble more than I can afford to lose but it's a abit of fun that enhances my enjoyment. Nowt up with that in my book.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 11, 2013, 01:22:33 pm by River Don »
1. £360.00. Rovers to win the old Div3 Championship. £10 at 36/1

2. Not at all nowadays. I find I'm not objective in trying to judge their chances.

3. Er, Rovers.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 11, 2013, 01:25:30 pm by Mike_F »
Dn, that reminds me I did once back against the Rovers for more than my normal stake. I had Ipswich to beat us for £20 when we got thumped (6-1?) at home a couple of years ago. I used to say I never bet for or against my own team but then I figured that I know more about them than I do about anyone else so I ought to be better off gambling on Donny.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 11, 2013, 01:28:21 pm by River Don »
I find it can be quite profitable betting against England.

They are normally overrated and because they attract a lot of money from patriotic English punters, the odds are often pretty good on the opposition.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 11, 2013, 01:32:50 pm by not on facebook »

They are normally overrated and because they attract a lot of money from patriotic English punters, the odds are often pretty good on the opposition.

Like Your way Of thinking on that one fella,so long the bookies never look at it from Your side Of the fence

Might take that into account should England reach Brazil

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 11, 2013, 01:43:07 pm by River Don »
I also like to bet on a draw after 90 minutes in big cup finals.

If it's a champions league, european championships or world cup, even the FA Cup sometimes there is often so much tension in the game that it becomes a matter for both sides not wanting to lose. They are often evenly matched sides in these big finals too. And people don't like betting on a draw much, it's like expecting a boring game. Nobody wants a boring final. So again I think you can find a bit more value there.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 11, 2013, 02:28:28 pm by GazLaz »
I've had some massive 4 figure bets on Scottish lower league games that were fixed and a couple of English non league games that I got early info on, like when Weymouth played the kids etc. had a nice touch when Bognor won in the early FA cup round the other week, got tipped off about the game being less than straight. Had some nice accas up over the years but they are a complete mugs bet. Should stick to doubles and trebles really.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 11, 2013, 02:46:43 pm by Mike_F »
I rarely do the accas these days but I stuck one on a couple of weeks back & won £80 so I followed it up the next weekend and was let down for £180 by Man City losing at Villa. Reminded me why I don't usually bother!

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 11, 2013, 02:57:08 pm by tommy toes »
The day after Rovers beat Bristol Rovers 5-1 in Div 3 in 2003, I went in the bookies and saw we were still 40/1 to win the league despite us being in the top four or five.. I had £20 each way on us and collected over a grand. Lovely

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 11, 2013, 03:10:51 pm by normal rules »
Mugs game
my dad said a long time ago - don't put a quid on the lottery each week. instead pick 3 teams with your head (not heart) and do a treble every week.
ok, its not going to pay the mortgage but over the years I suspect I am a couple hundred quid up on the bookies.

just a bit of fun mind.

colin cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 11, 2013, 03:33:55 pm by colin cramb »
i LOVE gambling!!!!

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 11, 2013, 03:50:22 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Last season I put £2 on Yeovil to get promoted at 25/1. Fair to say I was happy when they beat Brentford

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 11, 2013, 03:51:44 pm by NickDRFC »
I like to have a bet each weekend, nothing major, just £5 - £10 for an accumulator, had a few £100 - £200 wins over the years but probably slightly down overall. Like someone said earlier, I bet on the Ipswich game when we lost 6-1 at home (after having a look at our defence). Only put a tenner on but felt sick to the stomach every time a goal went in and I won't be betting against Rovers again.

When I was at uni I had £3 on 13 results. Did this for a while and never really got close (13 games is way too many variables), but one day I had 12 out of the 13 come in and f***ing Forest lost at home to Scunthorpe. Would have netted £25 grand.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 11, 2013, 06:38:44 pm by Prez »
On a single match, £3,200 when villa beat Liverpool last season, 3-1, bet victor had a market called spincast which they got the odds totally wrong. Had £20 on villa to win, benteke to score anytime, and there to be 4 or more goals in the game. 160-1. That day i was in profit £4,300 as i had similar bet on Man u v Sunderland. It was the same day we lost at home to Coventry 4-1 so you could say it eased the pain a little!!
Funny how bet victor dont do that market any more, they got a pasting off me over 3 months at the end of last year.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 11, 2013, 07:07:16 pm by normal rules »
the daily mail does a nice little ditty on the towards the back pages in small print where they select a "banker" treble, adventure treble and then they rate 2 or 3 single teams as ringers for that days match. only put it out sat morns. u would be surprised how many of them win!

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 11, 2013, 07:10:21 pm by tommy toes »
There's an interesting thread on Betfair footy forum.
Bloke picks 10 games and goes for 3-2 correct score 20p doubles on them. Costs £9.
He's had £150 and £450 payouts over the last three Saturdays.

1879Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 11, 2013, 10:08:16 pm by 1879Rovers »
I always do the two central defenders, first, last or anytime. I only have a few quid on each but brilliant when they come in. Khumalo against Rochdale got me £170 this season for a £6 bet.

Last season I started doing James Husband as well as the bookies thought he was playing in defence. I was getting 40/1 with Bet365. He netted 3 times in 6 games before the bookies realised.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 12, 2013, 08:34:42 am by Donnywolf »
After we beat Bristol Rovers in JPT Final I bet on them to get promotion

They made it into Playoffs on last day of Season and made it to Wembley where I knew they would "do it" because they had the disappointment of Cardiff fresh in their minds

I bet more at that stage and went for a high score win and I am sure it ended 5-1 with Sam Aygo ?scoring a late late one that just dribbled over the line ....I was watching on Telly and blew it over the line

I netted about £85 in all - not a fortune - but the pride was worth more !

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 12, 2013, 09:12:59 am by donnievic »
Most in one Acca was about £900 needing man city to beat Portsmouth on the Sunday and was a last min pen for £3 stake.did actually nesh out abit on the Sunday and had a single on Portsmouth and draw to be certain of a little win.

Another time about 10 year ago 4 of us had £10 on South Africa to beat Zimbabwe I think 4-1 at odds of 66/1,so may think odd game to bet on but times were differant on coupon and the game kicked off 2 hours before so we already knew the score but shhhh don't tell bill hills

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 12, 2013, 11:58:57 am by Donnywolf »
That's the kind of bet I LIKE !

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 12, 2013, 12:09:28 pm by bedale rover »
Bet occasionally had fiver each way on rovers in 03/04 and won £180
Won nowt since mind
Have got fiver each way this season to go up #optimist

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 12, 2013, 02:53:10 pm by Draytonian III »
1. £ 903 ,first Saturday of season 4 years ago
2. Regularly back Rovers away from home ,when the odds are better than 2/1
3. Mansfield

Al Riggall

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 12, 2013, 03:00:20 pm by Al Riggall »

Really? How often do England lose exactly? Can tell you it's not many since 2007. Do you mean on draws? Or opposition DC? However odd for that would be far lower so can't see being very profitable.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on October 12, 2013, 03:38:04 pm by Prez »
Al, RD said betting against England, that doesnt necessary mean he is backing them to lose, just not to win, and my guess is if you had backed England to draw every game, for the last few years you would be quids in.

Al Riggall

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 12, 2013, 04:15:39 pm by Al Riggall »
That's why i asked if draws or opposition DC. Just checked 08' onwards p66 w43 d16 l7
.defeats vs holland Germany brazil Spain France x2 Sweden away Ukraine away after already qualified - wouldn't have been better than evens on any of them.

Draws away Monty x2, Poland Ukraine  england were longer than evens on all them. Longer than evens Italy and France in euros. Also eng longer than evens in brazil 2-2.

Home games vs Swiss Monty ROI  that were draws would have seen eng 1/3 ish so poss 2/1 ish DC. Guessing WC draws vs Algeria and USA similar.

Really don't think would make much cash on this, well done to you if you do though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012