Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:00:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Paul Quinn - good honest and reliable pro thread  (Read 1987 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Others may have different views, but Quinny has been solid and dependable over the last 18 months. Maybe not spectacular, but there are not many wingers who can get past a fit Quinny. Just the type of player that earns their wage without showing off. We need more people like him wearing the red and white hoops.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Paul Quinn - good honest and reliable pro thread
« Reply #1 on October 27, 2013, 08:27:21 am by GazLaz »
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha your a horrific judge.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 27, 2013, 09:05:01 am by The Red Baron »
I agree with the sentiment of the post title. I think the OP is perhaps guilty of over-praising him, just as he's been unfairly criticised by others. He's a solid professional who I think struggles against players with real pace. He's not the only one with that failing.

He did have a mitigation on Friday in that he was clattered early on and I think that increased his struggles in defence.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 27, 2013, 09:13:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
That tackle was absolutely appalling. A candidate for a red card if it had happened at any time other than the first 30 seconds. High, late, two-footed, full-on contact. And the ref walked away from it.

There's a big argument that that moment decided the outcome of the game. We got ripped apart down that flank. But arguably, we should have played 89 mins against 10 men.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 27, 2013, 09:17:38 am by Donnywolf »
I said so at the time ... could (indeed WOULD) have been a straight red at any other time of the game providing of course the Ref saw it or chose to see it

Villa player on MOTD - again straight red right under his nose but chose a yellow so they are massively inconsistent

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 27, 2013, 11:40:36 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
Just frustrates me when nothing happens with that tackle but then a silly tug back from Robinson in stoppage time is a yellow.

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 27, 2013, 11:45:39 am by KieronDRFC »
Hes a poor league one central defender, not good enough going forward to be a right back and not good enough defensively to play in the championship

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 27, 2013, 12:02:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hes a poor league one central defender, not good enough going forward to be a right back and not good enough defensively to play in the championship

Tell that to Lloyd Dyer. Quinn had him in his pocket last home match.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 27, 2013, 12:15:59 pm by not on facebook »
That tackle was absolutely appalling. A candidate for a red card if it had happened at any time other than the first 30 seconds. High, late, two-footed, full-on contact. And the ref walked away from it.

There's a big argument that that moment decided the outcome of the game. We got ripped apart down that flank. But arguably, we should have played 89 mins against 10 men.

Thats what gets my goat with football today,there are allways many an excuse why a team played bad.

Iam not having that since ONE rovers player got hacked down very badly
In 1st min rest Of team play shite .

The player that got hacked down should have manned up if fit enough,if not bring him off asap

Was listening to wireless last night and there was talks on how many man utd fans were ripping into Their team as they went in 1-2 down at H-T

The radio chaps were saying what about the poor man utd players fealings
Or confidence for the 2nd half ....as it could have Been shot to bits.

They was saying that lots Of United fans have Been spoilt over the years because they Expect too and did win most Of the time and that fans Cant take defeat,while trying to defend the players fealings

The players feals FFS i shouted at my radio,they are on untold grand a week what do we all Expect.

Ifvthey was all playing for peanuts i bet my last peanut that the crowd
Would not have Been as ROUGH with them at H-T and took it all on Their
Chins

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 27, 2013, 12:58:05 pm by graingrover »
We did not hold the midfield and they flowed easily from back to attack . I do hope de Val gets a start along side Wellens and Keegan next week . I am over for the match and really looking forward to watching the return of the avengers.
        Quinn has done a good job for us .. we will now be able to see how the South Korean Intenational ,Yun adds extra value to our starting 11 for a month

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 27, 2013, 01:00:21 pm by RedJ »
On the whole I do agree with the OP. I just thought he got torn to pieces Friday night.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 27, 2013, 01:17:07 pm by steve@dcfd »
On the whole I do agree with the OP. I just thought he got torn to pieces Friday night.

But he received an horrendous tackle in the first minute which did not help. If supporters are not happy with Wabarra as well, who do doubters suggest should be playing right back?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 27, 2013, 01:18:43 pm by mushRTID »
Good to read a sensible post on Quinn.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 28, 2013, 01:11:31 am by mrfrostsdad »
Steve,
Hence why Wabara and Quinn are playing every week at the moment: there's no-one else.
Time will tell if the South Korean is any good - he's not played a full game in English football I don't think, so we don't know. At the moment it's either Wabara and Quinn or a youth team player.
Quinn did get clattered after 30 seconds. It was a yellow IMO, not a red. He got neither. But could PD bring him off after 30 seconds and bring a player on who I don't think speaks English (looked like he had an interpreter when he came on) and didn't know anyone? Big call. And to be fair, he didn't look that great when he did come on.
Hopefully he will work for us

DRFCSouth

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 28, 2013, 07:17:43 am by DRFCSouth »
Carayol had him in his pocket Friday although in fairness he might do that to a few full backs as he is very tricky to deal with. If Quinn was so badly injured why keep him on? If he knew he was hurt then he let the team down by not flagging it up to Dickov. If Dickov knew why not make the sub earlier? Tbh, I don't remember him looking that bad afterwards, I might be wrong. I remember him being beaten a lot.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 29, 2013, 12:21:21 am by BobG »
The answer is in Steve's post 3 above yours.

BobG

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 29, 2013, 08:56:44 am by The Red Baron »
If we're struggling for an experienced, dependable full-back then surely the answer was playing for the reserves yesterday?

thumper

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 29, 2013, 01:52:08 pm by thumper »
Would Dickov go back to Griffin though? Thought i'd seen somewhere he'd told him he wasnt needed?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012