Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:23:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: wabarra  (Read 3434 times)

westendrover

• Forum Member
wabarra
« on November 22, 2013, 09:01:01 pm by westendrover »
Only watched 45minutes but he's way out of his depth at this level

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: wabarra
« Reply #1 on November 22, 2013, 09:04:48 pm by Dare to dream! »
Surprised it took you that long to realise

westendrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 22, 2013, 09:10:10 pm by westendrover »
I keep giving him the next game to be the player I though we loaned and who's on a lot of money at city but that's enough for me against the basement club. League 2 at best maybe not even that level.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 22, 2013, 09:32:37 pm by PDX_Rover »
To be honest, first time that I have seen him. He is terrible. Is he even in the right sport?

pigeonhole

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 22, 2013, 09:50:49 pm by pigeonhole »
In 30 years of following Rovers I haven't seen a worse full back. Steve Prindiville would be a better option if we picked him now in his forties.

It's embarrassing to watch

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 22, 2013, 09:51:59 pm by Dare to dream! »
They got down that side every time and could have scored two in the last 10 mins because he didn't stop the cross

westendrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 22, 2013, 09:58:58 pm by westendrover »
Any manager or scout watching will know where our weaknesses are and we cant do a thing about it. The problem with loans like this is that we have to play him or pay his wages and we can't afford to pay it so we are stuck with a massive weakness until Jan at least

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 22, 2013, 10:07:15 pm by mushRTID »
He is dreadful but we knew this months ago.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 22, 2013, 10:08:24 pm by RedJ »
He was bloody shite, yet again. I'll piggyback him back to Manchester if that's what it takes.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 22, 2013, 10:15:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
To be honest, first time that I have seen him. He is terrible. Is he even in the right sport?

I don't agree with talking down our own players and the lad is doing his best, but that is f**king funny!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 22, 2013, 10:26:53 pm by MachoMadness »
Reaching James Harper/Mark Sale levels of consistent ineptitude now. Absolutely dismal yet again, need to get someone else in asap and get rid. I've never seen a player so consistently fail to deliver an end product going forward, and his approach towards marking just seems to be wandering around at random.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 22, 2013, 10:35:17 pm by hoolahoop »
I couldn't agree more he seems to be wandering around aimlessly, mind you so does Cotterill. We are starting games with only 9 players.
Usually I hate having a go at our players but these two beggar belief.
True are either of these players in the right sport . That was so funny that earlier post still PMSL

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 22, 2013, 10:37:25 pm by Filo »
How the hell did he get a new contract at Man City, he's dog shite, he was responsible for Furmans first yellow card after losing the ball and Furman having to get him out of the shit

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 22, 2013, 10:42:52 pm by albie »
He really struggles with the basics of full back play, failing to get close enough to stop delivery time and again.

To be fair, he is not a left back, but what is his best position? Given our injuries he is going to keep a place, so we really need a left side midfielder to tuck in and give him protection.

If I were scouting for the opposition, I would be saying that he is the weakest link in our back four, and to keep him under pressure.

He was not the only culprit though, Cotterill was dire tonight as well, and Robinson didn't offer much up top.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:45:49 pm by albie »

Akinfenwa

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 22, 2013, 11:00:16 pm by Akinfenwa »
Most of the things he has to do he f**ks up, be it defending or going forward. How he had an alright reputation before he arrived here I'll never know.

jonnydog

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 22, 2013, 11:01:19 pm by jonnydog »
How long till Husbands back?!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on November 22, 2013, 11:30:07 pm by wilts rover »
Johnson spotted it as well, that's why they brought the winger on after 30 minutes.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 22, 2013, 11:42:28 pm by Donnywolf »
Surprised it took you that long to realise

It did not take him that long - he just missed out a decimal point. It should have read 4.5 minutes !

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 22, 2013, 11:44:46 pm by Donnywolf »
I couldn't agree more he seems to be wandering around aimlessly, mind you so does Cotterill. We are starting games with only 9 players.Usually I hate having a go at our players but these two beggar belief.
True are either of these players in the right sport . That was so funny that earlier post still PMSL

Yes I had to chuckle when the South Stand started singing "weve only got 10 men" I am with you we had only 8 or 9

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 23, 2013, 03:00:10 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
I dont really like tearing into our own players but Wabara is a weak link for definite. Time and time again he had me covering my eyes as he sent another pass wayward. On the other hand I thought Quinn was fairly decent.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on November 23, 2013, 06:18:55 am by GazLaz »
Wabara will use the excuse he is playing out of position. He was shit at right back as well.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 23, 2013, 06:30:17 am by hoolahoop »
Wabara will use the excuse he is playing out of position. He was shit at right back as well.

I don't care what excuse he comes up with because PD should be saying to him '' shape up or get your boots and ship out '' pronto. He is unable to seemingly do any of the basics right!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 23, 2013, 08:18:46 am by Chris Black come back »
I dont really like tearing into our own players but Wabara is a weak link for definite. Time and time again he had me covering my eyes as he sent another pass wayward. On the other hand I thought Quinn was fairly decent.

Can't fault Quinn. Always a 7/10 player just about every game. Solid, solid, solid.

Donnyrovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on November 23, 2013, 08:22:37 am by Donnyrovers »
Completely disagree about Quinn been a 7/10 player every game, last night was the first game he had done okay this season. His final ball last night was awful. Can't fault his effort though even when he isn't having a good game.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 08:26:46 am by Donnyrovers »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 23, 2013, 08:32:18 am by Chris Black come back »
Completely disagree about Quinn been a 7/10 player every game, last night was the first game he had done okay this season. His final ball last night was awful. Can't fault his effort though even when he isn't having a good game.

Didn't of course say every game but "just about every game"  as there are some obvious examples of bad games e.g. Boro away although he was badly injured early on to be fair to him. His defence work is normally good while his distribution is ok usually. See he had a decent shot as well last night.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on November 23, 2013, 09:00:41 am by Donnybax »
The problem is we have this about wabara every week. There will be the same thread slating him every week because he is so embarrassingly bad! However dickov will continue to play him even when we have other fit options. Why?! He had him at Oldham he must now how bad he is

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on November 23, 2013, 09:11:09 am by Chris Black come back »
When he was playing right back he had some good games. He is taking one for the team here remember playing left back. Literally nobody else could do the job.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:51:07 am by Chris Black come back »

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 23, 2013, 09:21:54 am by godlike1 »
When is was playing right back he had some good games. He is taking one for the team he re remember playing left back. Literally nobody else could do the job.

That's fine but there is no excuse for how bad his passing was last night. There were times when it was harder to pass to the opposition than our own player but he managed it without any problem

If I was charlton it would be v v easy to see where our weak links are to exploit and despite our win it does have me worried

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on November 23, 2013, 09:26:23 am by boro_rover »
Wabara is a liability for us. Last night he did the hardest part breaking out of defence with the ball, but his passing was so poor. At least three times he held into the ball a second too long giving himself no room or no angle for a pass. He seems a bit scared of losing the ball, but at the same time he doesn't know what to do with it. Looking forward to him going back and either Hubby or an adequate replacement comes in.
I thought Quinny was poor for the first half an hour but gradually grew into the game. Defensively you can't really knock him, but it's again his distribution that lets him down.

With poor distribution being the major problem of both our full backs, a lack of width is evident. I think it's partly why Cotts hardly gets involved. But I noticed Duffy was all over the pitch last night. Coming in to get the ball from the back and breaking out at speed. I think his work rate was their for everyone to see last night. In the 92nd minute he drive the ball out to the edge of their box, and when we lost it busted a gut to get back 70 yards, to help out the defence. That's the kind of effort we need to see if we are to stay up this season.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012