Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 10, 2024, 06:31:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A week of consolidation?  (Read 1853 times)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
A week of consolidation?
« on December 03, 2013, 01:28:31 pm by mrfrostsdad »
After our epic win on Saturday, which even the most optimistic person could only have dreamt about, would we settle for two draws this week from two difficult away games? No easy away games in this division!

I would. Two scrappy nil nils would do it for me. Keep Birmingham below us, and us in touch with the teams immediately above. If we were to win one and lose one in terms of points that would be even better, but our away record is not good this season.

Then the unmighty Shitbags United the week after. Can we wish McCormack an injury for just one week? If he doesn't score, they don't score.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wing commander

• Forum Member
Re: A week of consolidation?
« Reply #1 on December 03, 2013, 01:31:31 pm by wing commander »
  I would happily take 2 points out of these two games but I actually think tonights match is pretty winnable..They are in and around us in the table and that's not for a reason...I think we should take a bit of a chance tonight and really go for it......

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 03, 2013, 01:34:42 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I watched them play Leeds on Sky the other week and they were the worst team I've seen all season. Then of course they go and win 3-0 away at the Dingles.
No consistency. At the risk of being pilloried, just like us!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 03, 2013, 01:41:32 pm by IDM »
Every point is vital, so let's fight for all 6.  Every game is winnable as we proved on Saturday.  I don't expect we'll get 6 points, but the team has to go out an believe they can win, at the start of every game.

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 03, 2013, 01:44:07 pm by boro_rover »
I think this the best time to be playing brum really. We will go into this game sky high on confidence after Saturdays excellent performance, and hopefully PD will be able to help build on it. Lee Clark is under some pressure at the minute, and a bad result here could cost them. I expect them to be quite nervy against us as a result is imperative for them tonight. I hope we don't go for the guns blazing approach and look to break out quickly and play on the counter. A point tonight would still be a good result for us. Both sides have been inconsistent this season and i would think that will be on both managers minds.

My head says a 1-0 defeat for us, but if we play as we did on Saturday then I don't think a win is out of the question. I'm not expecting anything on Saturday, as L***s seem to beat us every time now, so it would be nice to get something tonight and hopefully extend that gap between us and the trapdoor.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 03, 2013, 01:44:27 pm by Sprotyrover »
I think they will play the long ball game tonight with Zigic up front, our lack of height in defence will be a problem.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 03, 2013, 01:50:26 pm by VivaRovers »
I'm not expecting anything on Saturday, as L***s seem to beat us every time now...

Though they do beat us often I'd be very surprised if Leeds managed to beat us on Saturday.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 03, 2013, 01:54:25 pm by silent majority »
I'm not expecting anything on Saturday, as L***s seem to beat us every time now...

Though they do beat us often I'd be very surprised if Leeds managed to beat us on Saturday.

I'd even put money on that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 03, 2013, 01:54:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
MFD

I'd snap your hand off for a draw tonight.

Birmingham have quality right through the team. They're clearly misfiring, but when they click, they steamroller sides. They're 5th bottom, but four times this season they have scored 3 or more.

Hit and miss. If they're on form, we could get walloped. And it'd be not necessarily a reflection on us. If they're off form, we might just do them. But give me a draw now and I'd be delighted.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 03, 2013, 03:03:09 pm by Dare to dream! »
Firstly we are going to struggle with Zigic without Jones we've got a small back line. Like others have said id take two draws now but i've got a feeling we might sneak a win tonight.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 03, 2013, 04:08:28 pm by Chris Black come back »
Zigic may be big but he is shite. Chris Burke is a good player though. They seem to have got shut of all their really decent players though.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 03, 2013, 04:12:28 pm by Dare to dream! »
Zigic may be big but he is shite. Chris Burke is a good player though. They seem to have got shut of all their really decent players though.

Don't watch his dive on saturday against the Dingles, disgraceful.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 03, 2013, 05:19:07 pm by Wild Rover »

Don't DRFC play Bolton Saturday, Leeds following week .

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 04, 2013, 12:37:39 am by mrfrostsdad »
Part one completed then??

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 04, 2013, 08:57:53 am by The Red Baron »

Zigic used to be quite handy at this level as an impact sub- a Plan B, if you like. Now their entire game seems to be based on launching balls onto his head and trying to win the second ball. I thought we did well by not trying to compete with him in the air but just trying to win the ball when it dropped.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012